Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

12 minutes ago, istersay said:

lol not surue what you had in mind but if you like any of these....

camilaaviani12.gifcamilaaviani13.gifcamilaaviani14.gifcamilaaviani15.jpgezgif-1-72090748c6.gifcamilaaviani16.gifcamilaaviani17.jpg

I love these tysm! :heart:

• Like 2

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• Bentley

• vinicius

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

The pictures and press material and stuff is sent by the labels to be put up.

Great

• Haha 1

Yeah it's def not gonna be a single and we're def not getting a video. Thanks Drake and Kendrick 

Anyway the change from 'Camila' to 'C,XOXO' is crazy if you think about it :rip:

Never Be The Same vs I Luv It

All These Years vs Chanel No. 5

She Loves Control vs He Knows

Havana vs Twenty Somethings

Inside Out vs Dade County Dreaming

Consequences vs Hot Uptown

Real Friends vs Dream Girls

Something's Gotta Give vs BOAT

In The Dark vs Pretty When I Cry

Into It vs June Gloom

Just finished listening. 

It's pretty well made and well engineered, I listened to it in 24-bit with IEMs, very detailed production and clean mixing.

It's absolutely creatively bankrupt though. There's zero personality to separate it from the other artists making the same type of music other than lyrical odes to Miami. Asking Chat-GPT to make a watered down Charli XCX album. That's crazy.

She should get some writers and filter ideas through them,her pen is weak on its own. Songs like Chanel No 5 fall flat especially with that opening rap on the second verse, the song just fighting the concept. DREAM-GIRLS is the worst offender of the lack of imagination cause I just wanted to shut it off and listen to the original song.

It's not bad, but it's pretty ******* mediocre. 2/5 is generous. 1.5/5 is probably closer.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

Anyway, this still remains her best song lyrically and sonically

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Just finished listening. 

It's pretty well made and well engineered, I listened to it in 24-bit with IEMs, very detailed production and clean mixing.

It's absolutely creatively bankrupt though. There's zero personality to separate it from the other artists making the same type of music other than lyrical odes to Miami. Asking Chat-GPT to make a watered down Charli XCX album. That's crazy.

She should get some writers and filter ideas through them,her pen is weak on its own. Songs like Chanel No 5 fall flat especially with that opening rap on the second verse, the song just fighting the concept. DREAM-GIRLS is the worst offender of the lack of imagination cause I just wanted to shut it off and listen to the original song.

It's not bad, but it's pretty ******* mediocre. 2/5 is generous. 1.5/5 is probably closer.

Can you elaborate on that? Because other than I Luv It, I don't see the similarity with Charli XCX album?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

I wanted to like it so bad, but I fell asleep halfway through:rip:

Fell asleep through the album? Gorl

21 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Just finished listening. 

other than i luv it nothing sounds like anything from charli xcx lollll

16 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

Can you elaborate on that? Because other than I Luv It, I don't see the similarity with Charli XCX album?

3 minutes ago, joyjoy said:

other than i luv it nothing sounds like anything from charli xcx lollll

- never heard Charli XCX music before brat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

Anyway the change from 'Camila' to 'C,XOXO' is crazy if you think about it :rip:

Never Be The Same vs I Luv It

All These Years vs Chanel No. 5

She Loves Control vs He Knows

Havana vs Twenty Somethings

Inside Out vs Dade County Dreaming

Consequences vs Hot Uptown

Real Friends vs Dream Girls

Something's Gotta Give vs BOAT

In The Dark vs Pretty When I Cry

Into It vs June Gloom

this is crazy cause they're so different

When it comes to sound, she's definitely more explorative. However, Familia sounds more cohesive as a whole. Each individual track is a bop, but the album lacks overall unity.

Lyrically, it is definitely a disappointment:rip: It's less mature than what you hear from Romance (e.g., 'Shameless,' 'Used To This,' 'Living Proof'), Camila (e.g., 'All These Years,' 'Something's Gotta Give'), or Familia (e.g., 'Lola,' 'No Doubt'). There is no solid narrative; she regressed when it comes to writing but she did say that she just wants to spew out words without having any solid structure. 

You know it's hell when she thinks Chanel No.5 is a lyrical masterpiece.....

"Fold for me like origami
Magic and real like Murakami
Red chipped nails, I'm wabi-sabi"

Chanel No. 5, C XOXO

"Your November rain could set the night on fire, night on fire. But we could only burn so long. 

I have never heard a silence quite so loud.

walk in the room and you don't make a sound, make a sound. 

If it doesn't hurt me, why do I still cry?"

- Somethings Gotta Give, Camila

The singles are actually great, along with Dade Country Dreaming and Dream Girls but the rest falls flat

probably still her best album though but it could've been a lot better

29 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Just finished listening. 

So how many afrobeats songs does Charli have?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.