Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

The label def spent a pretty penny on those Drake features, I doubt they'd let that go to waste :rip:

but then again, Interscope keeps fumbling so idk 

• Like 2

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so confused by Interscope's strategy for the longest and thought they were hurting their artists but I kinda see the vision now and love it. They DGAF about song peaks anymore. They care about maximizing long-term revenue of a song through streaming. Thursday night releases to get the song to chart before other new releases on Friday is kinda genius when you don't care about the chart peak. Spending the budget on playlisting and autoplay rather than sending songs to radio is also smart because nobody listens to the radio anymore and all it helps is to inflate the Hot 100 chart position. 

I have faith that they know what they are doing with this album. The budget for the visuals and promo so far has been insane and has built massive hype on social media and the GP. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Anyway her team are flop ass fucks 

The way they didn't even hype a single/video for the album release :ahh:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

The way they didn't even hype a single/video for the album release :ahh:

I really can't. Cannot believe they don't have hot uptown going to radio. Useless 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

I don't know I kinda disagree. She has always been one to connect with different producers/writers and explore music styles through those relationships. Her first release out of Fifth Harmony was with Cashmere Cat and SOPHIE for example. I'm sure that going to more live shows or exploring "underground" artists/DJs could be a beneficial way of doing this as well, but her being a songwriter first it makes sense that she looks for the people that create what she's looking to explore.

I see what you mean, but I was referring to how seriously people regard her as an artist. From a critic's standpoint, openly admitting to experimenting with unfamiliar sounds and collaborating with unconventional producers 'just because' can suggest a lack of artistic identity. When she said, 'Chanel No.5 suddenly cracked open to the rest of the album,' it also shows that she didn't have a clear sonic vision. It gives off a vibe of 'yeah, that sounds cool, let me try that.' :rip: This era could have been perceived differently if she had better articulated her narrative. But as a fan, I'm excited because it's finally something different from her.

• Like 1

I'm glad my movie comes out tomorrow night so I have something else to focus on besides this flop ass rollout. I'll listen to the album when I get home and I'm sure it'll slay but the mismanagement has just been DISGUSTING 

:clack:

• Haha 2

A final 🖕 to Roger and Interscope and Geffen and UMG before the album comes out. Limey bastards 

Don't they understand that no hot uptown as the single..:

Spoiler

Is gonna be bad for the goddamn world tour?! 

spacer.png

The Hot Uptown video needs to be her and Drake eye f*cking in Miami, Camila's trying to get her cheeks clapped but she's too shy. Drake takes her on a ride on his jet ski, she feels him up and then in the last chorus, they start making out on the beach

throw in a Sean Mendez cameo and the video would go #1 off of views and gossip alone 

:suburban:

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

The Hot Uptown video needs to be her and Drake eye f*cking in Miami, Camila's trying to get her cheeks clapped but she's too shy. Drake takes her on a ride on his jet ski, she feels him up and then in the last chorus, they start making out on the beach

throw in a Sean Mendez cameo and the video would go #1 off of views and gossip alone 

The way there won't be a video is what's most disappointing 

51 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

I see what you mean, but I was referring to how seriously people regard her as an artist. From a critic's standpoint, openly admitting to experimenting with unfamiliar sounds and collaborating with unconventional producers 'just because' can suggest a lack of artistic identity. When she said, 'Chanel No.5 suddenly cracked open to the rest of the album,' it also shows that she didn't have a clear sonic vision. It gives off a vibe of 'yeah, that sounds cool, let me try that.' :rip: This era could have been perceived differently if she had better articulated her narrative. But as a fan, I'm excited because it's finally something different from her.

Ah yeah I see where you're coming from. I guess there's just two ways to interpret that sentence though, whether it was the lack of a vision or the final detail that really shaped the big picture. I agree that this era's rollout relied heavily on perception and especially in an industry that moves so fast, first impressions are very important. Obviously the long run matters too but it's all about hooking in the audience. Regardless, also excited as a fan and can't wait for everyone's reactions! Hopefully people give her and this album a fair chance. 

• Like 1

Welp it's about to be midnight. One last prayer that hot uptown goes to radio Friday but I feel we would have already heard something by now.

its been fun, best of luck to you Karla 

2 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The label def spent a pretty penny on those Drake features, I doubt they'd let that go to waste :rip:

the label did not spend "a pretty penny". Camila and Drake are friends, and he literally asked her if he could add another freestyle ("Uuugly"). So..

3 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

camila said the collab was non-transactional and it was drake who sent the song and camila added her verse

I luv the new songs she performed from the album. I've been bopping to the audio files for the past day. Can't wait to wake up and experience this album. This is already looking like her most cohesive and fun record since debut. Also luv that she's doing something different. It's a step up from the more safe and sanitized stuff she released for the past 2 records. This should be out in NZ when I wake up. Good night!

Edited by SharGaga
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.