Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

0fcc4d9d6747dec08349bc6d58858406.1000x1000x1.png

This is the supreme album cover, og is kinda basic but not terrible. Can anyone share this one in HQ so I can use it on my library?

This is my first era actually stanning Camila, I hated her self-titled, liked a couple of songs on Romance and same with Familia but she never clicked with me, this era feels actually different and interesting, can't wait to listen to the album, don't let me down girl!

• Like 8

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, laqqinq said:

The Slant review also said Hot Uptown is dancehall.

Drake not wanting it to be a single makes more sense now

:clack:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Golden Hour said:

Complex photos are so great. Her best photoshoot yet by far. 

I love her and I know she's singer-songwriter first but she's basically admitting that she's only opened up to these sounds because of the producers in this interview :rip:

Girl, go to records store or listen to community radios that showcases djs and musicians of different genres. She needs to learn from the ground up with pure instrumentals. Instead of listening to an established singer and source their producers instead.

Stopped by the LA mural today. Just graffiti on the side of a liquor store but fun to show up. Grabbed a little zine too. :johnald:

• Like 1

I'm going to pull an all-nighter tonight so I can sleep through the day tomorrow. I'm in California, and we won't get the album until 9 PM Pacific Time, Thursday night.

I'm not trying to see everyone's spoilers. Cheers, XOXOBITCHES!

lHJKc40.jpeg

• Like 3

"Hot Uptown", a dancehall-injected earworm that feels lifted from his own bodies of work.

With her fourth LP, C,XOXO, she's arguably taking her biggest risk as a creative.  Whereas her previous records were all launched off the back of Latin-tinged hits, this is coming to ears in the midst of an aesthetic rebrand and a hyper-pop sound that is considerably divisive and, on their own, seemingly too weird to connect with the masses; the avant-pop sound of the Playboi Carti-assisted, Gucci Mane-sampled "I Luv It" had many questioning her hyperactive shift.

And whilst the song's colossal nature and repetitive chorus earn it praise and criticism in equal measure – and, yes, it's not the most obvious choice as a lead single – it speaks to Cabello's fearlessness in a pop atmosphere that so often rewards safe mediocrity.  The odd structure of "I Luv It", however, makes sense when heard in the larger context of C, XOXO, which she has described as a love letter to Miami and the city's melting pot of sounds.

"Hot Uptown", a dancehall-injected earworm that feels lifted from his own bodies of work.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JDC said:

0fcc4d9d6747dec08349bc6d58858406.1000x1000x1.png

This is the supreme album cover, og is kinda basic but not terrible. Can anyone share this one in HQ so I can use it on my library?

This is my first era actually stanning Camila, I hated her self-titled, liked a couple of songs on Romance and same with Familia but she never clicked with me, this era feels actually different and interesting, can't wait to listen to the album, don't let me down girl!

ill be using this cover too, if anyone has its HQ and/or without the PA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vinicius said:

Guys, just wanted to let you know that I'm heading to the airport. I'm going to New Zealand.

I'll message when I'm there in a few hours 

seriously?

44 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

I love her and I know she's singer-songwriter first but she's basically admitting that she's only opened up to these sounds because of the producers in this interview :rip:

Girl, go to records store or listen to community radios that showcases djs and musicians of different genres. She needs to learn from the ground up with pure instrumentals. Instead of listening to an established singer and source their producers instead.

I don't know I kinda disagree. She has always been one to connect with different producers/writers and explore music styles through those relationships. Her first release out of Fifth Harmony was with Cashmere Cat and SOPHIE for example. I'm sure that going to more live shows or exploring "underground" artists/DJs could be a beneficial way of doing this as well, but her being a songwriter first it makes sense that she looks for the people that create what she's looking to explore.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

less than 12 hours  till New Zealand and we can find out the New Music Friday song which might be the next single.

omgomgomg2.gif

yall better not get this thread shut down lmfao 

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

less than 12 hours  till New Zealand and we can find out the New Music Friday song which might be the next single.

Just because it's on NMF doesn't make it a new "single"

I still can't believe they're wasting smash uptown 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.