Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

source

Screenshot-2024-06-26-095713.png

"Camila Cabello is delivering some heat in time for the summer. Over the past few months, the Cuban hitmaker has been teasing her Miami-inspired fourth studio album, C,XOXO. The album arrives later this week, and features Cabello experimenting with a multitude of genres, including hip-hop and EDM."

• Like 1

"XOXO isn't innovating, but that has never been Camila's ministry. She continues to deliver fierce vocals and tender tunes about getting your **** together with the occasional side of questionable judgment. And while there's the sense that XOXO would even try death metal if that's what was popping on Billboard charts in 2024, the shiftless, calculated core of the 20-something experience is getting in wherever you fit in." - Vulture 

vulture review reads positive to me

• Like 2

Can't stop playing the album.. (rock in Rio versions)… that pretty when I cry beat drop is too good… I physically can't wait until Friday… save me cxoxo.. cxoxo save me

edit: rock in lesbian or whatever idk I forgot 

Edited by thinkheknowss
  • Like 1

The albums sound sounds sooo good on her but I think deep down this isn't her…. She pulls off this persona & sound VERY well but I truly don't think it's authentically her… However I do appreciate her & artists in general doing a 180 sonically and visually.. It paid off for her imo 

Its clear she's trying to build a visual world / identity around this album rather than chasing a hit so I'm kinda more curious what her next move is post cxoxo

Edited by thinkheknowss

Nice video though. Loved the vocal and basketball warm-ups they did and the lil interview segment

• Like 1

But I was expecting something else, idk. Atp idk what to expect HAHAHAHAH

• Haha 1

Someone made a thread for all the reviews (only ones recognized by the aggregators mentioned)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thinkheknowss said:

The albums sound sounds sooo good on her but I think deep down this isn't her…. She pulls off this persona & sound VERY well but I truly don't think it's authentically her… However I do appreciate her & artists in general doing a 180 sonically and visually.. It paid off for her imo 

Its clear she's trying to build a visual world / identity around this album rather than chasing a hit so I'm kinda more curious what her next move is post cxoxo

We know the real her is the singer songwriter girl, songs like Real Friends, I have questions, this love, used to this etc. But I understand she wanted to do something different. It is sad it looks like this album won't have a song as good as "Quiet" though.

idk was it posted, its awesome interview

camilizers this era look like fanbase that was ahead of its time 

8 minutes ago, Bentley said:

So basically hot uptown isn't gonna be a single is what I gather 

no it isn't now stop your whining.

• Like 1

They are definitely dropping a new single with an album though, right? 

even if it's not Hot Uptown..

he knows is dead .

or… they're gonna wait to see what's most streamed? (And it will likely be hot uptown anyway).

imo, they should just release it as a single even if drake doesn't wanna do video 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

We know the real her is the singer songwriter girl, songs like Real Friends, I have questions, this love, used to this etc. But I understand she wanted to do something different. It is sad it looks like this album won't have a song as good as "Quiet" though.

That aspect of her as an artist is still very present on the album though. Twentysomethings, B.O.A.T., June Gloom… and Like This (or whatever it's called) if that ends up on the deluxe.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bentley said:

So basically hot uptown isn't gonna be a single is what I gather 

Maybe they will go with the city girls collab instead. Drake is done anyway.

32 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

She literally complained about this take and being put in a box in her interview yesterday :rip: 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.