Camila Cabello - 'C,XOXO'

Kylie Jenner

38 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Not CN5 growing too… she really is serving everything this Era. A shame she's flopping so hard :ducky:

Something that people seem to be missing is that, by the way the rollout has been handled, they seemed prepared for everything not to do big numbers. Releasing I Luv It first (with no radio campaign) is the kind of thing you do when you want people to pay attention to you, not necessarily because you want a hit. Similarly, nobody who wants a hit is releasing Chanel no.5 as a single. It seems kind of clear that the whole approach has been to focus on trying to build an actual fanbase for the first time in her career. Right from her debut, her team always acted like she had a huge, built-in fanbase. Now I think she's gone back to the drawing board.

Their plan was probably something like: Hot Uptown to get radio play and commercial success. Everything else to create a world that actually draws people in and gets people fully invested in her as an artist.

• Like 13

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• istersay

• vinicius

• Bentley

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Exzime. said:

The video looks like it costs $1 

the teaser for it already looked like that, so that's what I was expecting :rofl: save the budget for the next song that might go to radio

48 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Something that people seem to be missing is that, by the way the rollout has been handled, they seemed prepared for everything not to do big numbers. Releasing I Luv It first (with no radio campaign) is the kind of thing you do when you want people to pay attention to you, not necessarily because you want a hit. Similarly, nobody who wants a hit is releasing Chanel no.5 as a single. It seems kind of clear that the whole approach has been to focus on trying to build an actual fanbase for the first time in her career. Right from her debut, her team always acted like she had a huge, built-in fanbase. Now I think she's gone back to the drawing board.

Their plan was probably something like: Hot Uptown to get radio play and commercial success. Everything else to create a world that actually draws people in and gets people fully invested in her as an artist.

Except hot uptown isn't on the radio so plan failed 

• Thumbs Down 3

The feedback on twitter is surprisingly very positive 

on another note, how do you block someone? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

avoided all the snippets this era, so perched for the release on friday

what's this about a potential deluxe and performing unreleased songs from it? dont wanna get my hopes up after the scar tissue teasing for nothing

• Like 1

I've never seen so many positive comments about Camila online since debut. She's really coming out of the ashes :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sangi said:

on another note, how do you block someone? 

If you're on web, look to the left of a poster's comment. Beneath the profile picture and info, there's an 'x' symbol between the message and search symbols.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vinicius said:

I've never seen so many positive comments about Camila online since debut. She's really coming out of the ashes :deadbanana2:

We'll see. No one streaming he knows or Chanel no. Flop tells me otherwise 

• Haha 3

Wish sis stuck to the more Miami hot girl/tumblr sort of styling instead of going more fashion

camila-cabello.pngScreen-Shot-2024-04-20-at-12.49.10-AM.jpGPznbKzWAAIwXFv?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5kVMqdgCIo&t=195s

I'm sorry but how ignorant and petty do you have to be to call Channel N5 a "mistake"????? I don't know why he is so harsh on Camila experimenting on new sounds.

It's clear he just picks and chooses his favourite female artists and Camila is someone he just inexplicably loathes. I mean this is the same guy that a few years back called Tinashe "untalented" but now that Nasty is going viral he is on the Tinashe bandwagon. 

Such a loser. 

Edited by Mads Trier
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

If you're on web, look to the left of a poster's comment. Beneath the profile picture and info, there's an 'x' symbol between the message and search symbols.

this feature sure comes in handy :cm:

• Haha 1

Saw her perform yesterday at Rock In Rio Lisbon and some of the newer tracks sound stronger than the songs from her previous albums, I love to see growth!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mads Trier said:

I'm sorry but how ignorant and petty do you have to be to call Channel N5 a "mistake"????? I don't know why he is so harsh on Camila experimenting on new sounds.

It's clear he just picks and chooses his favourite female artists and Camila is someone he just inexplicably loathes. I mean this is the same guy that a few years back called Tinashe "untalented" but now that Nasty is going viral he is on the Tinashe bandwagon. 

Such a loser. 

This guy thinks he's the ****. I don't know why people watch this narcisist.

• Like 2

I love every single unreleased song, one moment it's boat then it's june gloom then it's pretty when I cry then it's dade cunty dreaming

:jonny::jonny:

I'm trying to not listen to the live version too much but they're all stuck in my head anyway

Edited by duadududt
  • Like 1

When she told a about the story her and her ex went on a stroll, innocently, to a playground. I really thought she was going to tell us that she f*cked right there and then. 

• Haha 3

If you missed Camila's show yesterday on Rock in Rio Lisboa, you can watch it and also download it here:

Edited by vinicius
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mads Trier said:

Such a loser. 

he's the kind of indie bro reviewer who isn't really that interested in pop music but throws his half assed opinions around like some twitter bore looking for clicks

Edited by makeawish
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, makeawish said:

he's the kind of indie bro reviewer who isn't really that interested in pop music but throws his half assed opinions around like some twitter bore looking for clicks

I get he impression that according to him, the only female pop artist allowed to experiment is Charli, everyone else according to him shouldn't even bother trying and should stay in their lane

He is such a dinosaur 

• Like 6

reading yesterdays conversation and you guys are crazy talking about a top10 (and even top5) debut. with familia it was different because you only needed 27k for #10, now you need +40k :deadbanana2:

we cant even relay on drake bc half the world hates him.. we will see, I'm expecting top20

• Like 2

yea chanel video isnt going anywhere, just call it visual at this point.. they need to get serious tho, hot uptown needs that tth cover #1, radio upon release, mv & tv performance same week... they cannot let us down again with i luv it tiktok hit but no radio

Hot Uptown, Dade County Dreaming & Pretty When I Cry can save us for now.. at fall release boat as single:gaycat7:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LaFlaca said:

reading yesterdays conversation and you guys are crazy talking about a top10 (and even top5) debut. with familia it was different because you only needed 27k for #10, now you need +40k :deadbanana2:

we cant even relay on drake bc half the world hates him.. we will see, I'm expecting top20

Familia no vinyls physicals at first week (they announced lated and shipped to my apt around june /july),, ofc we rely on drake.. hes like number 1 rapper nowadays like..

• Confused 2

You all better support her and stream hard bc this album deserves a top 10 debut.

• Like 2

i hope it can debut in the top 10 but my expectations are low.. it kind of sucks none of the songs have stuck with the gp.. no matter what tho i hope her label lets her tour this album 

Hi Camilizers! Long-time charli xcx fan here....I'm probably one of the only charli fans that's embraced Camila's new sound and image. 

I think it's funny she's gotten so much hate for the comparisons, and for me, I'm happy to see Camila evolving as an artist, trying new things, and dipping into a genre of music I'm a fan of.

I Luv It is my favorite so far from the new album, but all the tracks I've heard are great. Really excited for Friday to hear the rest!

• Like 9

I was unhappy about the album being so short but if there is a deluxe all is forgiven :heart:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.