Willy Wonka Event Organizer Tells All: "My life is ruined"

mercurialworld

7533b1e04d06aa334f9669af491ff1e1

Billy Coull, director of the House of Illuminati organization that put on the Willy Wonka-inspired event in Glasgow, Scotland, last month claims he's received "hundreds and hundreds" of hate messages following the disaster. 

"My life is ruined," he explained in the Channel 5 special Wonka: The Scandal That Rocked Britainon March 16. "I have lost my friends. I've lost the love of my life. I was made out to be the face of all evil. And genuinely, that's really not the case."

Billy went on to describe the mishaps—including booking too large a venue and projection equipment that was never delivered—that led to the event's failure. 

"I was gutted," he continued. "But I believed that we could push on." And Billy, who described the way he reacted to the event's early shutdown—during which he snapped at upset customers—as the "worst versions" of himself. He added, "The last thing I wanted to see was children to be upset."

From eonline.com

So, ATRL, do you think this event was just a poorly planned disaster, or is there possibly a deeper, darker side to it all?

P.S. While I'm here, can you guys change the colour for the prefix selection while making a post? It's nearly impossible to see on dark mode :busted:
Screenshot-2024-03-19-at-4-55-28-PM.png 

The only reason you'd push through after seeing the state of the event is because you were hoping to take as much as you could and leave as quickly, I don't have much sympathy on that one

• Like 1

It was a cute internet moment. It's been already like… two/three weeks? Nobody cares anymore.

He can try organizing Nicki's next tour, it would be less of a disaster then this one

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

8ad6ea717235ca03e618c2296affa246.gif

• Haha 3

that seems a little dramatic and harsh. his career being jeopardized would make sense but there's no reason for him to be shunned by his loved ones :chick1:

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mercurialworld said:

I have lost my friends. I've lost the love of my life

Confused Little Girl GIF

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

It was a cute internet moment. It's been already like… two/three weeks? Nobody cares anymore.

Um... okay. It's still interesting to hear the perspective of the director who organized the event and the fallout he has experienced since!

• Like 3

what even is this and why is everyone obsessing over it

That guy is literally a scammer. Look into his past endeavours ☠️

• Like 1

His friends and girlfriend must be very superficial to simply abandon him over an unsuccessful endeavour that got bad publicity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

Well we must care a bit if we went to youtube for a Wendy Williams clip for it! You might as well weigh in on the tea while you're here :coffee:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mercurialworld said:

Well we must care a bit if we went to youtube for a Wendy Williams clip for it! You might as well weigh in on the tea while you're here :coffee:

I'm talking to him not you omg! :heart:

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I'm talking to him not you omg! :heart:

Sorry for assuming otherwise ❤️ But yeah, there's no making up for this mess I fear, still interesting to hear more about what happened with him after the fact 

• Like 1

He's either a conman or he has delusions of grandeur. Either way, I'm sad he chose to make this all about himself.

• Like 2

This guys just a mega liar and probably wants more publicity. The state of that experience was abysmal 

• Thanks 1

Despite everything messed up about the situation, he has wedged his way into pop culture as an infamous icon. I don't feel bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.