Billboard will now count music played in Roblox

GentleDance

Billboard charts will now count music played in ‘Roblox'

With the platform boasting hundreds of millions of monthly users, this could bump some artists up the chartsBillboard charts will now count music played in ‘Roblox'

With the platform boasting hundreds of millions of monthly users, this could bump some artists up the charts

Universal Music Group and Republic Records have announced the launch of Boombox, a new product being integrated into Roblox to allow players to stream in-game music that artists can monetise and have count toward Billboard charts.

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/roblox-music-boombox-billboard-3602753

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ava Max the hitmaker you are about to be :gaycat2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

skibidi toilet about to go #1 for 13 weeks :clap3:

• Haha 12

BrandNewBrandon

With the platform boasting hundreds of millions of monthly users, this could bump some artists up the charts Billboard charts will now count music played in ‘Roblox' so

With the platform boasting hundreds of millions of monthly users, this could bump some artists up the charts did I say with the platform boasting hundreds of millions of monthly users, this could bump some artists up the chartsBillboard charts will now count music played in ‘Roblox' :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

Can't wait for my faves to promote there. Oh Ava, you're not beating that trendsetter allegations. :WAP:

Ava's next smash coming our way! :duca:

BrandNewBrandon

The way modern artists are getting their consumptions counted towards the Billboard Hot 100 whereas before nobody ******* counted how many times a song was heard through a commercial or in an episode of a TV show or in stores or at home.

:deadbanana2:

Edited by BrandNewBrandon
  • Like 8

AVA Max her influence!

Gonna leave my character AFK overnight at the GUTS World Tour place :gaycat1:

QueenofCopyPaste
Spoiler

A joke. 

• Like 2

this is honestly lame 

The doors Ava has opened... :clap3:

ava coming for that roblox payola. :clap3:

spacer.png

how embarrassing lol

but they don't count youtube UGC? :rip:

Let me make sure that my students put on my faves while they're playing

• Haha 4

Gaga wasting Chromatica promo on Fortnite :dancehall2:

Wait... so was this ownership of a Roblox music plug-in used as a bargaining chip/threat for TikTok to meet Universal/Republic's terms? :mandown:

I'm assuming TikTok laughed at Universal across the boardroom table which caused their deal to fall apart, and here we are.

... and now the US Government is simultaneously passing legislation to remove TikTok unless it can be manipulated American-owned as the election nears and Gaza is still at the top of people's minds? Interesting.

Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

This is great news for Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, Ava Max, and any other artist who cultivated a Roblox community during covid-19 quarantine by holding virtual concerts, etc. They're a step ahead.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers
  • Thanks 2

I find Billboard's way of deciding what should and shouldn't count for the charts very.. confusing… user-generated content like YouTube lyric videos DON'T count but yes let's start tracking Roblox.. but let's not count TikTok streams to charts, we'll have an entirely different chart for that (TikTok Top 50 :juanny:)

Also let's add a ton of more chart weight to radio (the only metric left where the public has little to no control over what is being played). Where callout scores are decided by God knows who and the peak is now 50M audience. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

The way modern artists are getting their consumptions counted towards the Billboard Hot 100 whereas before nobody ******* counted how many times a song was heard through a commercial or in an episode of a TV show or in stores or at home.

I get why they're doing it, but it's making the charts start to feel a little nebulous. :rip: 

Edited by Goaty

Since when does Roblox have hundreds of millions of monthly users? I feel so out of touch. :rip: 

bts k-pop stans will figure out a way to abuse it

roblox-scp.gif

What the actual **** is Roblox? I am too old for this mess and so is nearly any musical act worthy of consumption. :foot:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BrandNewBrandon said:

there really needs to be a pre-streaming and post-streaming comprehensive all-time chart.   It's so apples and oranges.  Never even heard of Roblox.  What's next? Tracking your iTunes plays?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.