2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

tortured poets will probably push it to recurrent

still 5 weeks till that happens tho

• Like 2

Hopefully she gets to 70 weeks :clap3:

• Like 1

Just now, Jjang said:

still 5 weeks till that happens tho

yeah, shes coming for 70 weeks, behind levitating as second longest charting female song ever

Foolish Games? It definitely wasn't that big on its own

I'm very confused about this. It was a double single with You Were Meant For Me and although they were both big radio hits, apparently they kept charting as one on the Hot 100? How is that even possible? Does any chart nerd have any info on that?

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

yeah, shes coming for 70 weeks, behind levitating as second longest charting female song ever

that's a good wrap up to SOS and the beginning of LANA :hippo:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

I'm very confused about this. It was a double single with You Were Meant For Me and although they were both big radio hits, apparently they kept charting as one on the Hot 100? How is that even possible? Does any chart nerd have any info on that?

"Foolish Games" was never released as a physical single in the United States, but it appeared as the B-side on the "You Were Meant for Me" single, which peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 in April 1997. Radio stations soon began shifting airplay focus to "Foolish Games", and because of chart rules in place at the time, "Foolish Games" became the new A-side. Following a re-release of the single in October 1997, "Foolish Games" / "You Were Meant for Me" returned to the top 10 of the Hot 100, reaching number seven. Because of the manner in which it charted, Billboard lists "Foolish Games" as having a number-two peak despite the song never actually reaching that position on its own.

"Foolish Games" was never released commercially in the United States. Instead, when previous single "You Were Meant for Me" was descending the Billboard Hot 100, radio stations flipped the single and began playing its B-side: "Foolish Games". Because of Billboard's chart rules regarding airplay, "Foolish Games" was eventually listed as the single's A-side.[1] The single was removed from retail in July, but frequent airplay allowed it to continue charting.[2] The single was resent to retail outlets on October 7, 1997, and it rebounded to number seven on the Hot 100 in early November.[3][4]

queen did that :clap: 

Edited by Katamari
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Katamari said:

queen did that :clap: 

this SCAMMER... we need her removed from the tweet

FramedForMurderFixerUpper-7.jpg

20 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

I was so confused as to how a 1997 single managed that many weeks :rip:

26 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

this SCAMMER... we need her removed from the tweet

The album it's from is diamond is 12x plat tho 

organic smash 

ready for Christmas to be #1 overall later this decade

55 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

I was so confused as to how a 1997 single managed that many weeks :rip:

Why? Music consumption hasn't changed since the 50s. If streaming era songs can chart for 70+ weeks then so could digital and physical era songs. They're equivalent, after all 

2 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

tortured poets will probably push it to recurrent

I dont think so. It's still top 10. Even if Taylor occupies the whole top 20 Snooze would hold itself inside the top 50. Airplay will need to decline strongly, since the song is still going strong in AM

12 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I dont think so. It's still top 10. Even if Taylor occupies the whole top 20 Snooze would hold itself inside the top 50. Airplay will need to decline strongly, since the song is still going strong in AM

Snooze only has to fall out of the top 25 to go recurrent based on the 52/25 rule

19 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Snooze only has to fall out of the top 25 to go recurrent based on the 52/25 rule

ah i thought it was always top 50. sorry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

How many songs will have Taylor's album?  If it's less than 15 songs maybe Snooze can survive in the top 25

11 minutes ago, Green said:

How many songs will have Taylor's album?  If it's less than 15 songs maybe Snooze can survive in the top 25

16!

2 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

Why? Music consumption hasn't changed since the 50s. If streaming era songs can chart for 70+ weeks then so could digital and physical era songs. They're equivalent, after all 

"Music consumption hasn't changed since the 50s" - is this sarcasm or...? :rip: For example, the average #1 hit in the 80s would only stay on the chart for like 18 weeks. Then in the 90s due to the advent of Nielsen Soundscan, singles were able to chart for longer. But still, no single would usually stay on the chart for more than 30 weeks. Streaming has allowed smash singles to chart for much longer. So when all of the longest charting songs are from 2010 and onwards and there's a 90s song, it's obviously going to stand out. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.