Dan Schnider & Nickelodeon exposed | Megathread

SmittenCake

46 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

When and where the f*ck did this happen? 

:rip:

At the set of Zoey 101 :deadbanana:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gesamtkunstwerk

• Princess Aurora

• SmittenCake

• Gorjesspazze9

not everything is so black and white

the way people are now diagnosing every nick star with trauma

ariana, miranda were some of dan's favorites, they might've had a completely different experience than some others

• Like 3

The fact that all this coming out it probably just the tip of the iceberg is the scariest part…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

You're telling me that CP was shown in a place where at least one child actor witnessed it, and it wasn't investigated? Really? 

Thanks, this feels kind of exaggerated. Like not one person ratted them out, spoke out and told the cops. Like, I refuse to engage until an actual investigation is done. Also, she waited until now to say this. Like sis, if you knew what was going on, couldn't you have told someone like your parents? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

i think two things can be true about this situation:

a) this was playing out in broad daylight in front of everyone's eyes, there were plenty of sketches and jokes that were so beyond the line inappropriate for young people to be consuming and young actors to be performing. it should have been so obvious to anyone with a brain what was happening behind the scenes and was even regularly talked about in the past decade but this really blew the door off the proverbial hinges, and above all else those children should have been better protected

b) this entire thing is going to end up being pizzagate for clinically tiktok-pilled Gen Z. it's going to open a whooooollleeee f*ckin new can of worms (for brains) for the people that are already banging the drum about sex in movies and age gaps, etc. there are valid conversations to be had in that sphere, let's be clear about that, but …. idk i just don't see this ending well for the youngest minds that i find already think some rather restrictive and weird $h!t

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I remember watching some kind of live thing on Nickelodeon and of course they would throw this green goo at children and I remember some guy asked a child covered in this **** to describe the consistency and how does it feel to have this on his face:rip: I was so grossed out by this

Edited by stupidjock

that old hag should mind her business

24 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

Thanks, this feels kind of exaggerated. Like not one person ratted them out, spoke out and told the cops. Like, I refuse to engage until an actual investigation is done. Also, she waited until now to say this. Like sis, if you knew what was going on, couldn't you have told someone like your parents? 

I mean, weren't there rumors that Dan Schneider ruined Victoria Justice's career because she didn't want to sleep with him? This was an industry where speaking up would get you fired and blacklisted. And who knows what they signed 

Edited by GardenPanty

So glad I never watched all of this cringey fake children's shows on Nickelodeon or Disney (except for Raven.) I just KNEW something was up. 

I always felt like they were fake as hell and overdramatized and it felt wrong to me. I stuck to cartoons and Power Rangers and I am so glad my intuition was spot on. How amazing.

• Like 1

I think it's interesting that we haven't heard much about this stuff happening with Disney Channel. Wonder why

how the **** is this show still on air?

Do we Know If Something happened to her?

17 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

I mean, weren't there rumors that Dan Schneider ruined Victoria Justice's career because she didn't want to sleep with him? This was an industry where speaking up would get you fired and blacklisted. And who knows what they signed 

But still she could whistle blown to an agency and had an investigation done on them. Like, who cares about getting fired & blacklisted when heinous shxt is happening right before your eyes. The problem with her statement is how easy the anyone can poke holes in it. CP is the one crime that the legal system is going to take seriously and pull out all the stops to investigate.

Also, what would Dan and Nickelodeon executives be able to do against the full force of Judicial system? Paramount studios are not going to expend their resources to protect them.

6 hours ago, surprisecentres said:

Liz is married to one of their creepy producers & Ariana was pictured with her and Dan a couple of years ago. Ariana even still follows Dan.

5 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

she shouldn't be forced to address the situation but It's clear for who she stands for :michael:

The entire Victorious cast has always followed him on instagram and their show was never one where any cast member spoke out about feeling uncomfortable - this of course not meaning people didn't feel uncomfortable, but this not yet being something that cast of the show has ever had to reconcile with. Focusing on  Victorious is dishonest when the cast of iCarly - sans Jeanette - has also largely not reacted either.

It's genuinely gross to try and gotcha teen actors who now have to navigate the reality that adults in their life perpetuated indirect sexualization of them or were committing sexual violence on others within their industry on the same network.  

To assume Ariana has not been thinking about the implication of her life on Nick when her closest friends and castmates are themselves also publicly now working through it - because she somehow has not yet hit a specific deadline you want - is ridiculous.

GJPFEktbMAAzWkd?format=jpg&name=large GJPFcm1WsAA1mCl?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2

Sunny is a dumbass, what a dumbass take 

Ari is a victim in this all, leave her alone :ace:

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Weirdos

Having morals doesn't make someone a weirdo! You should try it :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

The entire Victorious cast has always followed him on instagram and their show was never one where any cast member spoke out about feeling uncomfortable - this of course not meaning people didn't feel uncomfortable, but this not yet being something that cast of the show has ever had to reconcile with. Focusing on  Victorious is dishonest when the cast of iCarly - sans Jeanette - has also largely not reacted either.

It's genuinely gross to try and gotcha teen actors who now have to navigate the reality that adults in their life perpetuated indirect sexualization of them or were committing sexual violence on others within their industry on the same network.  

To assume Ariana has not been thinking about the implication of her life on Nick when her closest friends and castmates are themselves also publicly now working through it - because she somehow has not yet hit a specific deadline you want - is ridiculous.

GJPFEktbMAAzWkd?format=jpg&name=large GJPFcm1WsAA1mCl?format=jpg&name=medium

Covering their backs! EVERYONE knew by 2019. And Ariana and best friend Liz, married to one of the creeps, still ignored it as the dollars came pouring into their accounts.

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, surprisecentres said:

Covering their backs! EVERYONE knew by 2019. 

Again, the entire Victorious cast has never cut ties with Nick:

victorious-1-063d7c35ce484c3d9859f92119c

The vast majority of all casts from every Nick flagship show have never spoken about having undergone something abusive or harmful themselves on a Nick set.

This of course doesn't mean they themselves didn't experience anything or don't have feelings over the matter, but it is objectively something that the vast majority of Nick stars have not reconciled with or been forced into the conversation, given again that the vast majority of the casts of All That, The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, iCarly, Victorious, etc. have not spoken out about having had a negative experience on the set. And those who interviewed about others coming forward only able to double-down that they respect everyone's experiences and people be given platforms to come forward.

Trying to make this an "Ariana thing" while the vast majority of Nick stars have followed her In not speaking up about anything that they did not experience themselves while still not dismissing anyone else's experiences is dishonest. Where's Miranda Cosgrove? Where's Victoria Justice? 

A December 2022 interview with Kel from Kenan & Kel:

Staying with Nickelodeon, I want to piggyback off of what my colleagues at Insider have reported earlier this year and ask you a little bit about someone whose shows you've been on a lot, which is Dan Schneider. Now Dan Schneider spent two decades as Nickelodeon's live action breadwinner, and you starred in a variety of his shows, whether it be the original "All That" or "Game Shakers." Can you talk about what Schneider was like to work with?

Schneider? As far as with his work, like with "Good Burger," he just really understands comedy. He grew up in it as well, being on "Head of the Class." He allowed us to improv in our character roles, so with that, he's definitely, definitely talented as far as writing these characters.

I mean, you're talking about all these fun characters in shows like "Sam & Cat," and "All That," and "Kenan & Kel," and "Game Shakers" as well. Yeah, he just had a real zany comedic mind.

According to Insider's reporting from my colleague Kate Taylor, actors and writers who have worked under Schneider have accused him of bullying behavior, of acting inappropriately towards child stars. Do you have any comment on these stories or did you witness anything similar?

I feel everyone's stories are different. As far as with me, I didn't see that. But I feel everyone's story is their story. People need to tell their truth and be courageous in that and tell their truth. Yeah.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kel-mitchell-interview-good-burger-sequel-nickelodeon-dan-schneider-2022-12

17 minutes ago, surprisecentres said:

best friend Liz, married to one of the creep

...the one she met on set as a teenager? Again, you're being a troll if your arguments amount to "Liz Gillies is married to a man whom groomed her as a teen but also she's a perpetrator herself and not a victim!". Report and move on, etc. 

Edited by Communion

I had a feeling there was a lot more to the story than Quiet on Set could tell for fear of lawsuits, people being afraid and unready to go public, etc. Brian Peck was convicted in 2003 but he was still a regular at horror conventions within the last 10 years (he starred in Return of the Living Dead 1-3). His ROTLD costars were happy to pose in pictures beside him and someone on Twitter said they even refused to do the conventions if he wouldn't be welcome. Just a lot of enabling between that and all those industry people writing letters for him in court. 

He seemed to go out of his way to work on projects with children. In addition to his Nickeloden shows, he was also in Children of the Corn 3, Holes, Suite Life of Zack and Cody, he was good friends with Bryan Singer who put him in the X-Men movies, and I saw a video of him telling a teenage Leonardo DiCaprio how "hunky" he was. Who knows how many more victims he could have besides Drake? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Isn't it time for a megathread? These individual threads make little sense when it's basically the same topic 

• Like 6

Wow thats terrible 

15 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Isn't it time for a megathread? These individual threads make little sense when it's basically the same topic 

Agreed. Hopefully the mods will merge them all into one

I believe it, take them down. 

It just gets worse and worse. :dancehall3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.