Bill introduced in US Congress to shorten standard work week to 32 hours

Communion

• Thanks 2

Not happening :laugh:

People just need to become nurses if they want less hours. I’ve never worked a 40 hr week, unless I wanted overtime.

• Thumbs Down 3

The shortening of the work week leaving the public conversation for decades (until a few years ago) remains one of the biggest failures of the Western left, especially as productivity rose through the roof. Hopefully it passes. :clap3:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

The shortening of the work week leaving the public conversation for decades (until a few years ago) remains one of the biggest failures of the Western left, especially as productivity rose through the roof. Hopefully it passes. :clap3:

With a Republican House? With Manchin and Sinema in the Senate? Not likely it even passes a single chamber, let alone both, and Biden would probably veto it despite his self-branding as "the most pro-worker president everrrrrrrr"

never in a million years. this bill won’t pass and i’d argue we’re going to see a bill that will extend the work week to 48 hours the next few years that will get passed (with no raise of pay obviously)

Edited by ChapelHooker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

With a Republican House? With Manchin and Sinema in the Senate? Not likely it even passes a single chamber, let alone both, and Biden would probably veto it despite his self-branding as "the most pro-worker president everrrrrrrr"

I mean, yeah, this is definitely NOT passing, but I didn't wanna spoil the fun ddd

:clack:

• Haha 1

It’s not gonna pass lol….

lol if the comments here represnt the left on the usa... good luck on 100 more years of fascism

Americans are overworked and tired. Sad this won't pass.

• Thanks 1

A 32 hr work week would be amazing but if it did pass companies would be paying so much over time lol

3 hours ago, Into The Void said:

A 32 hr work week would be amazing but if it did pass companies would be paying so much over time lol

And maybe solving that would lead to important structural changes 

11 hours ago, Into The Void said:

would somebody think of the companies? :monkey:

9 hours ago, politeone said:

And maybe solving that would lead to important structural changes 

Structural changes would have to come first, mainly those that make it more costly to employ people. Major restructuring of the healthcare finance system would be required. Medicare For All would be the solution, but that is vigorously opposed by the healthcare industry, who has bought off lawmakers of both parties. 

hate crime against LGBTQ has a better chance of being legalized than this passing im sorry :rip:

I work 45 hours a week. Its tiring chile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.