Cardi B’s “Enough (Miami)” did not debut on the Spotify Global 200 chart. Why?

KatyPrismSpirit

9 minutes ago, lg6chromatica said:

Atlantic is not investing in her.

What a lie. All her last singles had music videos (one with a $2MILLION budget) and she did several radio-interviews for all of her last releases. Bongos had TTH, Like What had RapCaviar and this new one also has RapCaviar. What more do you need to succeed?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lg6chromatica

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Nickimeetsatrl

• ImpressMeMuch

Too bad cos the song is actually really good 

Sexxy Red took whatever hype she had left 

I guess copying Bia won't get you far.

6 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

What a lie. All her last singles had music videos (one with a $2MILLION budget) and she did several radio-interviews for all of her last releases. Bongos had TTH, Like What had RapCaviar and this new one also has RapCaviar. What more do you need to succeed?

Bongos was a horrible single choice. Like What did decently enough for a freestyle - and no, it wasn't an official single, it wasn't sent to radios. Enough (Miami) deserved TTH because, again, the song displayed hit potential: the snippet received 4.9m likes on TikTok, the GP was gagging... but Atlantic is not doing enough.

What tf do you want me to say? "Cardi B is an irrelevant flop artist, Nicki Queen"?? If that makes your day better, okay, grandma, you got that out of me!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I don't get it. All the elements for a hit are there. It's trap after all. I... :celestial5:

her best shot at a song blowing up is dropping a whole album. it's been 4 years of lead singles and era starters. the songs are not so different to seem from different eras or universes. people got tired 

Just now, liquiddiamonds said:

her best shot at a song blowing up is dropping a whole album. it's been 4 years of lead singles and era starters. the songs are not so different to seem from different eras or universes. people got tired 

Yup, she says her next announcement will be an album-related one

28 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Y’all used to call her queen of payola and now you resort to Rap Caviar placements, you see the difference? 

Bongos was no.15 on TTH and that’s really weak for “the WAP comeback,” and that video was filled with product placements, atlantic clearly did not wanna invest too much on it

stop trying to act like she gets the dua lipa push

• Thanks 1

She’s musically a fad. Her celebrity is still strong though. 

The song actually sounds alright if you play it directly after Dylan Mulvaney.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPnmF6qIowWSBhS_z7-Zw

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FOCK said:

The song actually sounds alright if you play it directly after Dylan Mulvaney.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPnmF6qIowWSBhS_z7-Zw

Corny ass :rip:

GIFMaker_me.thumb.gif.b73b6c629ccf7d5305

Its a shame because the song is a BOP :WAP:

For Cardi, I think with the very little raw talent she actually has she had no business taking a break this long she made herself musically irrelevant. Rihanna was very smart in this aspect where she didn't give anyone a chance to miss her and move on. 

At this point she needs an undeniably catchy tune to get back to where she was and she hasn't given us that. Bongos would've faired alot better if she released it at the beginning of last Summer 

Edited by dman4life

147d7e5e1da3cd282d265b80f40f8cf2.gif

• Haha 12

not heard it yet but the Freestyle sounded so bad... if her new sound is like that she needs to go back to the drawing board 

GP / label and most of her fans are over her, her “comeback” is always

1) drama with Offset

2) song about how good her sex is

3) some more drama with Offset

4) some random remixes

5) promo run, interviews, announcing an announcement about her album

5) a rap song where she raps fast and “aggressively” and all her fans think she is eating :rip:

6) getting back with Offset

7) goes back into hiding once everything has flopped

and repeat

• Haha 6

I think her issue is, she isn't giving people anything new content wise. We know what's she's going to say and we know the flow will be the same. 

5 minutes ago, espeon said:

GP / label and most of her fans are over her, her “comeback” is always

1) drama with Offset

2) song about how good her sex is

3) some more drama with Offset

4) some random remixes

5) promo run, interviews, announcing an announcement about her album

5) a rap song where she raps fast and “aggressively” and all her fans think she is eating :rip:

6) getting back with Offset

7) goes back into hiding once everything has flopped

and repeat

She literally went into hiding after Up reached #1 ijbol, you do not know Cardi, clearly

14 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

147d7e5e1da3cd282d265b80f40f8cf2.gif

:deadbanana4:

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

She’s one of the sweetest women in the industry she deserves so much better. 

sweetest woman in the industry that used to say slurs, drug and rob men, send people to beat up her man’s mistresses, tell her fans to kill themselves and wish death on their mothers

Edited by playboi
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

She’s one of the sweetest women in the industry 

GCiuaaSWYAAG2Y0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

i like the song but she needs something catchier or more easily “quotable” for the GP……. :doc:

even….dare i say it? going pop? just a tiny bit :michael:

54 minutes ago, espeon said:

GP / label and most of her fans are over her

Yep. Her label has been over her.

They don’t even want her recording in her own studio. 

Shelling out $2 mill for a song they advised her not to release, after she begged their execs for a bigger budget, may have been the final straw. 

At least it has “so much tiktoks and so much reels”.

Edited by FOCK
  • Haha 1

Her music was never good to begin with. Imagine having all that luck with IOP and then ruin it by waiting more than Adele to release a sophomore album. If this was the third or fourth album I would understand but for the second album it's too much.

If you know the ethics of work you would not make that mistake but she was spoiled by recievimg too much despite doing minimal contribution and having minimal talent.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lg6chromatica said:

Bongos was a horrible single choice. Like What did decently enough for a freestyle - and no, it wasn't an official single, it wasn't sent to radios. Enough (Miami) deserved TTH because, again, the song displayed hit potential: the snippet received 4.9m likes on TikTok, the GP was gagging... but Atlantic is not doing enough.

What tf do you want me to say? "Cardi B is an irrelevant flop artist, Nicki Queen"?? If that makes your day better, okay, grandma, you got that out of me!

For TTH placement I’ve seen that three things have to be present usually: 1) to be a high performer on Spotify globally, 2) show signs of song taking off organically on Spotify already, 3) have big enough name to warrant TTH out the gate. 

I thought #3 is where Cardi could fall, but I guess Bongos getting TTH but then underperforming prob didn’t help.

And rap doesn’t usually do well globally, and TTH is a mostly global playlist. So the odds are against her. 

Hell, even “HISS” which debuted higher on Spotify didn’t get TTH (I don’t think)…and that was pretty damn viral (mostly thanks to Nicki, but still lol). 

All in all, drop the album…she’ll be fine.  Let GP pick the next focus single.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.