Golden Hit: Season 6 🪷 R5 Instrumentals (pg. 14) 🎼 R4 Tokens (pg. 15) 🪙

Aurora

QEYvtHN.png

Golden Hit: Season 6

Hey, Hitmakers! ATRL's ultimate songwriting game is returning in 2024 with a fresh new look, brand new challenges, and even a new co-host. ATRL songwriting royalty and winner of the sophomore season of Golden Hit, @Hug, will be hosting alongside me this season.

🪷 The Game 🪷
For anyone unfamiliar, Golden Hit is a lyric writing game. Over six rounds, writers will be issued prompts designed to inspire song lyrics for submission to Golden Hit's judging panel. Providing detailed feedback through personalized reviews, the panel will give each entry a score out of ten. Scores are averaged across the panel, determining each song's final score and rank for the round. The writer with the highest overall average score at the end of the game wins the title of ATRL's newest Golden Hitmaker, and a shiny ribbon to commemorate their victory.

Last season Golden Hit's winner was determined by the average of each writer's top five scores, and this season we are reprising this format. This allows writers room for experimentation without fear a risk will negatively impact their overall performance. It also benefits writers who may be uninspired by a specific prompt, or cannot submit during a round for any reason.

As always, the top three writers of each round will earn themselves a Golden, Silver, or Bronze Hit Token, customized as per request. Loyal players who do not place within the top three of any round and submit for at least three rounds will be issued a special Rose Gold Hit Token.

🪷 The Judging Panel 🪷

🪷 Season Overview 🪷
New challenges will be posted weekly, with submissions typically due within five days of a round being posted. Judging will take place between rounds, with reviews usually posted within three days of a challenge's deadline. In order to provide adequate time for players to write and judges to review, some overlap between a round's results and a new round being posted will often occur.

As there are no eliminations in Golden Hit, any writer who signs up for this game may submit for as many or as few challenges as they wish. Writers may join the game at any point, despite missing earlier rounds, or skip a round if needed and return for the next. The only aim of this game is to encourage and inspire each writer to create a piece of writing that they are proud of.

🪷 Season 6 Hitmakers 🪷

1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
8. worldwide angel
9. helpthomas
10. stupidjock
11. Nashe
12. Julia Fox
13. blastoisebaby
14. Armani
15. fountain
16. Lana Banana
17. Lorenzo22
18. JonginBey
19. hurricane326 
20. Invisibility

21. Weld_E

22. Forestboy

23. OreGuy

24. Prisoner

25. djcalpal

26. Kylie Jenner

27. Augmented

mNByy5S.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Prisoner

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

YlQtjpr.png

🦋 Round 1: Butterfly challenge 🦋

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 1 🎶

🧑‍⚖️ Reviews: Aurora / Hug 🧑‍⚖️

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🍃 Round 2: Reason for the Season challenge 🍃

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 2 🎶

🧑‍⚖️ Reviews: Aurora / Hug / Hey Dude 🧑‍⚖️

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🤠 Round 3: Country Renaissance challenge 🤠

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 3 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🧑‍⚖️ Round 4: Judge's Choice challenge 🧑‍⚖️

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 4 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

🎼 Round 5: Instrumental challenge 🎼

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 5 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

Round 6: TBA

🪷 Challenge 🪷

🎶 The Songs of Round 6 🎶

📀 Results 📀

🏆 Rankings & Scores 🏆

🪙 Top 3 Tokens 🪙

Season 6 Finale

TBA

Surprise, *****. Bet you thought you'd seen the last of me!

Everyone knew I'd be coming back in some shape or form and nobody is surprised, *****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator

SIGN ME UP :jonny5:

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator

also this pearly colour of your tokens is so beautiful :smitten: 

• Thanks 1

I flopped the last time I entered this because I didn't have much time on my hands but now I have more, is it time to make myself a double winner? :lakitu: 

1. Jack!

• Like 2

Let me comeback after hiatus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
(cont.)

2 hours ago, Legend E said:

also this pearly colour of your tokens is so beautiful :smitten: 

Thank you! It was Hug's idea to lean into a more pastel vibe and I'm so happy with how everything has turned out. It's giving spring vibes~

1 hour ago, Jack! said:

I flopped the last time I entered this because I didn't have much time on my hands but now I have more, is it time to make myself a double winner? :lakitu:

Omg welcome back! You won PH4, right? That must have been about a decade ago... time for your 10 year anniversary victory tour! :duca:

3 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

Let me comeback after hiatus

We moved. :jonny5: You were one of the players us judges were hoping to see come back this season! Always ready for another Melatonin-esque serve from you.

commenting to support!!! go off hoests <333

(but i am a horrible writer so ill be a avid supporter)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gardendreams said:

commenting to support!!! go off hoests <333

(but i am a horrible writer so ill be a avid supporter)

We appreciate the support!! :hughard: Honestly we were unsure if we were even going to go ahead with the season on our originally planned date because of how stacked the Games section has become this month. :dancehall: I don't think there's too much overlap between Let's Spoon, The Hunger Games, and Golden Hit though, so hopefully we can all shine!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Omg welcome back! You won PH4, right? That must have been about a decade ago... time for your 10 year anniversary victory tour! :duca:

I did! God knows how long ago it was :lmao: But I'm ready for my eras moments lets go!! :duca:

Love the iridescent vibes! I probably won’t be able to submit every round but I’ll try to write when I’m able :flower: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jack! said:

I did! God knows how long ago it was :lmao: But I'm ready for my eras moments lets go!! :duca:

Unfortunately ATRL Classic doesn't display timestamps, but iirc PH6 began in October 2014, and the very original season of PH began about 2 years prior. So I'd imagine PH4 took place around late 2013/early 2014? Perhaps @Hug would be able to confirm. Either way, it's lovely to have you back!

1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Love the iridescent vibes! I probably won’t be able to submit every round but I’ll try to write when I’m able :flower: 

...so can we count that as a tentative sign up? :eli:

3 minutes ago, punisher said:

4. punisher

We get closer and closer to a Golden Hit spin-off, Golden Rap, every day. :worship2: Glad to see you back!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

...so can we count that as a tentative sign up? :eli:

if it boosts the sign-ups sure :eli:. the timing for R1 actually works pretty well for me so I'll probably try to write something 

17 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Unfortunately ATRL Classic doesn't display timestamps, but iirc PH6 began in October 2014, and the very original season of PH began about 2 years prior. So I'd imagine PH4 took place around late 2013/early 2014? Perhaps @Hug would be able to confirm. Either way, it's lovely to have you back!

I'm pretty sure PH4 ended in early 2014 because I think I remember watching the end of the season. PH5 started around April 2014 iirc

• Thanks 1

Im in! I love writing lyrics! Just dont be too harsh on me! Haha :heart2:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AccioMiley said:

Im in! I love writing lyrics! Just dont be too harsh on me! Haha :heart2:

5 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Sure why not

Always exciting to see some first time players! :duca:

@AccioMiley Not to worry, all of the judges have been players in this game before too, so we understand what it's like to receive harsh comments as opposed to helpful ones. You're in good hands!

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
(cont.)

WAAAAAAT DID I MISS ANYTHING?

I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP :duca: OMG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

WAAAAAAT DID I MISS ANYTHING?

I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP :duca: OMG

Not at all hon! We're in our surprise drop era. :fan:

Might do a mass tag list a bit later on, but just wanted to see how things went organically first. Glad to see you again, and congrats on your casting in THG!

Season 6 Hitmakers
1. Legend E
2. Jack!
3. beatinglikeadrum
4. punisher
5. Jackson
6. AccioMiley
7. Rotunda
8. worldwide angel
(cont.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.