Charli: constant demand for access to womens bodies/faces in cover art is misogyny

Kayseri Mantisi

Thoughts? :celestial5:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• Joyride

• rihannafan

• RedCarpet

is it really about that though? like she could have done something cool while not even showing her body or her face :toofunny3:

well actually anything other than her cheap ass "brat" cover would have been good...

but then again: her album, her choice! :cm:

• Like 2

well, she did not lie. there's a reason why there aren't many ugly women succeeding.

• Like 1

Right the only thing besides showing your body or face on an album cover is, plain text on a colored background.

Like you could have done a more custom designed version of the text at the bare minimum. :toofunny2:

• Thanks 3

So is the froot being familiar 

• Haha 2

one of her annoying stans tried to make this argument when the album first came out, these gays are gassing her up in all the wrong ways

• Haha 1

meanwhile my open-minded queen mother :heart:

dwk2tvV.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

She didn't lie but her cover still sucks.

• Like 4

well if it was a dude most people probably wouldn’t ask for his face or body on it. female bodies are treated as commodities, that’s just a fact.

• Like 5

she’s such a hypocrite :priceless:

we just wanna see our fave’s faces in an album cover it’s not that deep girl

• Like 3

misogyny does play in a lot of things when it comes to women in the industry and their concepts but , that’s not it girl. the cover art is literally just ugly and basic and we wanted to see you serve :rip: we’d say the same thing as if it was a man releasing that mess too.

• Thanks 8

Just now, Saint James said:

well if it was a dude most people probably wouldn’t ask for his face or body on it. female bodies are treated as commodities, that’s just a fact.

cause half of them are ugly as ****

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i wish ari got the memo and stopped with the boring covers

• Haha 1

another genius on twitter 

• Haha 2

Do people really complain about this? 

I could care less how much of someone’s body or face is shown on a cover, I only judge a cover by my immediate visceral reaction to whether I really like it or not. Some of my favorite album covers are not even body/face pics.

• Like 2

Wait so she doesn't want to give access to her face/body on her album cover, but she has no problem showing everything including her ass in every other music video she releases? She really seems to be on crack or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

who exactly demands this? i believe women tend to put themselves on there for artistic purposes most of the time. 

girl shut up 

• Haha 1

Well, it depends.  In the sense that there is a need to show one’s body to sell records it is certainly a bit sexist.  However, in the sense the woman is reclaiming and controlling her own body, it is not really sexist.  Like I don’t really think Beyoncé’s Renaissance, or Madonna’s Like a Prayer to be sexist.  

Also, when an artist puts out a more vulnerable / personal record, showing the artists face isn’t necessarily sexist but rather an accurate depiction of the art they are making.  Like every Adele record, Taylor’s Red, Beyoncé’s lemonade don’t really feel sexist to me either. 

• Like 5

Not sure how she reached this conclusion but has completely ignored Rina’s story a week ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

wasnt she almost naked on her last album cover?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.