• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

You trying to make 3 happen is not going to happen sister. It’s terrible. And yes, a horro movie making fun of horror tropes and then falling into those horror tropes (UNKNOWINGLY like Scream 3 did) is jumping the shark.

Enjoy having the absolute worst take a Scream fan can have tho! See ya After 6! :coffee:

Now that I think about it. Scream 3 is even better than 4. It didn't fall into the horror tropes UKNOWINGLY. It was obviously DELIBERATE. 

1) Parker Posey CARRIED

2) They UPPED the comedy aspect, which worked as it took camp to a whole other level

3) It was ahead of its time with the Hollywood commentary. Wes Craven literally low-key exposed Weinstein. 

4) It gave us further back story on Maureen Prescott and that storyline actually made perfect sense. 

5) The final act was actually pretty good and tied everything together nicely with an ACTUAL motive. 

Now let's talk 5 for a second. 

1) We have Sam's mediocre acting.

2) The Billy hallucinations were the WORST to happen to the franchise. (Sydney hallucinating her mom in 3 was also not great, but in 5, they took it too far)

3) Granted, the opening scene was pretty good. 

4) Granted, the first 2/3 of the movie were good. 

5) Granted, the killings were more brutal which indeed gave it a 'different' feel

6) No emotions shown during the killings. I mean, Wes and Judy's death scene, Sam just appearing at the house and she seemed so unbothered :rip: 

7) If Richie and Amber really wanted to kill the legacy characters as well, they sure showed zero interest in bringing them to Woodsboro :rip: Amber got lucky in the hospital scene (which I still think it was handled poorly, you'd think after 4 Ghostface, Dewey would not act that stupid). This is what brought Sydney back. 

It would make more sense had they went after Dewey alone and him being the 2nd kill, so that they could definitely bring both Sydney and Gale back. 

8) NOW, the final act was literally the WORST in the entire franchise. 

i) I still think the 'inhaler' excuse was a bit 'meh' as to why they should have gone to Amber's house. How did they NOT know that her house was Stu's house? It's the house that the most famous killing spree happened and they didn't know it? It makes zero sense. 

ii) The house alone could have exposed Amber as one of the killers from the get go. 

iii) There is a party. Sam, Tara and Richie arrive and they LITERALLY needed 1 second to go upstairs and get the inhaler. Why the **** would they kill off the party just for Sara to go upstairs to get her inhaler and then leave? Why not keep the party going? It would definitely be much safer for them. That was such an obvious killer move and it made zero sense. 

iv) If Richie and Amber wanted to bring Sydney and Gale to the house as well, how the **** did they try to do that? The reason both of them went to the house is because Sydney tracked Sam's car. But they couldn't have known that. SO, what gives???

v) The motive sucked 

vi) Amber being set on fire :rip: 

vii) The 'caricature' fighting that Sydney and Gale had to endure. 

Scream 6 indeed looks amazing and I have very high hopes for it. But 5 was the worst entry in the franchise. 

Scream 5 was whack and the two female leads are annoying. Yes, Wednesday is annoying.  It feels like a remake that would have been panned in the 2000s, but Gen z embraced it because it’s 20 years removed and because millennials are too old to care. I’m all for Sidney dying, but I can’t see the franchise surviving with the two main leads, especially the big sister. 

1 hour ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

new TV spot

Spoiler

She won’t die, they wouldn’t spoil her death scene

20 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:
  Hide contents

She won’t die, they wouldn’t spoil her death scene

The knife seems to have blood on it though at the very end of the clip

26 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

She definitely must have gotten stabbed, but in another trailer, there is a chase scene at her balcony. Unless that happens before the bedroom scene, which I doubt. 

They tried so hard to make it look like Gale dies in the S4 trailer too. I think she'll live. 

This poor woman, after all the pain she went through in each movie:

S1: drove her van into a tree and later kicked into a post 

S2: shot in the ribs and fell into an orchestra pit 

S3: pulled down the basement steps and smashed in the face with a heavy book that Dewey accidentally pulled off the bookcase while trying to rescue Sidney 

S4: stabbed in the shoulder 

S5: shot in the stomach and nearly choked to death 

Like how many lives does she have left?... :psyduck:

16 minutes ago, Oktober Knight said:

They tried so hard to make it look like Gale dies in the S4 trailer too. I think she'll live. 

This poor woman, after all the pain she went through in each movie:

S1: drove her van into a tree and later kicked into a post 

S2: shot in the ribs 

S3: pulled down the basement steps and smashed in the face with a heavy book that Dewey accidentally pulled off the bookcase while trying to rescue Sidney 

S4: stabbed in the shoulder 

S5: stabbed in the stomach and nearly choked to death 

Like how many lives does she have left?... :psyduck:

Babe she was SHOT in the stomach in S5 

4 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Babe she was SHOT in the stomach in S5 

Shows how much I remember from the horrid forgetful movie :rip:

4 hours ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

new TV spot

I love all the Trailers but it is so obvious that some lines are not actually said like this in the movie. „Ghostface is here in New York“ and „The Legacy is still alive“ sounds cut together.

1 hour ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

She definitely must have gotten stabbed, but in another trailer, there is a chase scene at her balcony. Unless that happens before the bedroom scene, which I doubt. 

Which Trailer was this? I don‘t remember a balcony scene.

2 hours ago, kyris89 said:

Well, she will definitely get stabbed (once again).

3 hours ago, kyris89 said:

2 hours ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Based on the trailer, didn't Ghost Face attack GAYle's partner and toss them through the glass when she was cursing them out?

Or maybe he sliced her hand or something.

If you look closely her hand is bleeding too.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Based on the trailer, didn't Ghost Face attack GAYle's partner and toss them through the glass when she was cursing them out?

Yes but he swiped the knife afterwards.

Just now, Kevin2803 said:

Yes but he swiped the knife afterwards.

Yeah I just realized that as well.

:rip:

He might have sliced her hand or something.

It's confirmed to be rated as an 18 here in the UK, so looks like the violence will more gorier than Scream 5 for sure :duca:

tFN9KJc.png

14 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

It's confirmed to be rated as an 18 here in the UK, so looks like the violence will more gorier than Scream 5 for sure :duca:

tFN9KJc.png

Damn, that probably means that it will also be rated as an 18 here in Germany, which would be the first movie with this rating since "Scream 2". Technically, there is also an Unrated Version of the first Scream movie, with an 18 rating, but it was only made available here on DVD and i think the theatrical version is the more common one.

9 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

Damn, that probably means that it will also be rated as an 18 here in Germany, which would be the first movie with this rating since "Scream 2". Technically, there is also an Unrated Version of the first Scream movie, with an 18 rating, but it was only made available here on DVD and i think the theatrical version is the more common one.

Why was Scream (2022) only a 16 rating in Germany? Doesn't make that much sense tbh, as it would have been the most goriest Scream yet?

30 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Why was Scream (2022) only a 16 rating in Germany? Doesn't make that much sense tbh, as it would have been the most goriest Scream yet?

It wouldn't agree. Ghostface's kills felt more brutal, but not really gorier. Nothing in Scream (2022) was gorier than Olivia's death in "Scream 4" (which was also rated 16) and "Scream 2" had the kill of the detective, who was impaled. The first "Scream" showed Steve's guts, a close-up of Casey and how Tatum's skull was crushed (atleast in the Unrated Version). Here are the differences between the r-rated and unrated version.

"Terrifier 2" (atleast in cinemas) and "Halloween Kills" had an 18 rating, so it wouldn't make sense for "Scream (2022)" to have one, which was way less gorier in comparison. 

3 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I love all the Trailers but it is so obvious that some lines are not actually said like this in the movie. „Ghostface is here in New York“ and „The Legacy is still alive“ sounds cut together.

Which Trailer was this? I don‘t remember a balcony scene.

Well, she will definitely get stabbed (once again).

1 hour ago, Kevin2803 said:

It wouldn't agree. Ghostface's kills felt more brutal, but not really gorier. Nothing in Scream (2022) was gorier than Olivia's death in "Scream 4" (which was also rated 16) and "Scream 2" had the kill of the detective, who was impaled. The first "Scream" showed Steve's guts, a close-up of Casey and how Tatum's skull was crushed (atleast in the Unrated Version). Here are the differences between the r-rated and unrated version.

"Terrifier 2" (atleast in cinemas) and "Halloween Kills" had an 18 rating, so it wouldn't make sense for "Scream (2022)" to have one, which was way less gorier in comparison. 

We never got the Unrated version of Scream here in the UK, it was an 18, as were Scream 2, 3 and 5, 4 was a 15 which was surprising to me, felt like an 18 to me, but again it's up to the BBFC to make the decisions on the movie's ratings.

42 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Thanks. I've seen this one, but didn't even realize they were on a balcony. I guess this happens before she is shooting at him. She doesn't seem hurt here, but we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

We never got the Unrated version of Scream here in the UK, it was an 18, as were Scream 2, 3 and 5, 4 was a 15 which was surprising to me, felt like an 18 to me, but again it's up to the BBFC to make the decisions on the movie's ratings.

Scream 3 would probably be rated 15, if it would come out today. I think since everything is available online they are not as strict anymore. 

47 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

Scream 3 would probably be rated 15, if it would come out today. I think since everything is available online they are not as strict anymore. 

True, I think Scream 3 would be a 15 here too, it's definitely not as violent as the rest of them, in my eyes, Scream 3 should have been a 15 and Scream 4 an 18, Scream 3 was affected by the Columbine Massacre, which is why it wasn't as violent and bloody.

You guys know do know you are like the 10th people to try this right?

It never works out for the dumbasses in the masks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.