• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ebaby said:

4 is worse than 3? how :deadbanana2:

Scream 3 is better ..4 was garbage 

Edited by Sweetestsecret

9 hours ago, ebaby said:

the Scream 5 Billy hallucinations and Scream 3 (the whole film) are the two worst things to happen to the franchise

it was so :deadbanana2:

I better not see any hallucinations in 6, like we get it :rip:

It was god awful. I agree. 

Great to see estimates up, it's normally front loaded on the Friday. Hopefully it can open bigger than 5. 

• ATRL Moderator

I really think had they done the hallucinations in a different way they could have been effective. Like if Billy was taunting, menacing and using really dark humor and the whole element wasn’t taken so so seriously, I think it might have actually been fun. I don’t think it was as egregious as some make it out to be, but definitely the weakest part of the film in my mind.  

That being said, I think it was only meant to be a narrative device for one film. It was the external exemplification of Sam’s inability to reconcile her parentage and mistakes, all of which she comes to terms with and accepts by the end of the movie. So it wouldn’t make a lot of sense if she kept seeing Billy after (plus it is pretty much universally agreed that no one liked the hallucinations, so I think they definitely course corrected for VI.) 

Can’t believe we’re 12 days away, I can hardly contain my excitement :ghostface:

Scream 3 was the best one. Super hilarious. Loved the two Gale Weathers. I can rewatch that one over and over again. The first 2 are great but no replay value for me.

3 has more replay value over 5

scream > scream 2 > scream 3 >scream 5 > scream 4

What if Dewey pulls a Brenda from Scary Movie and comes back alive in the next one?

:eek:

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

What if Dewey pulls a Brenda from Scary Movie and comes back alive in the next one?

:eek:

:rip: 

Stab: Time Travel tease  

Stab: The Live Action Musical where, instead of creating material for a future Stab film, Ghostface turns the killings into a Live Action Broadway show

I will not allow this Scream 4 slander in here. Jill's whole motive was ahead of its time and is still relevant, maybe even more now. And everyone compains about the "soft glow filter", but i always kinda liked it.

Why do people care about motives so much?

Just enjoy the movies for what they are.

It makes me cringe so hard how people type literal essays about how certain things "don't make sense" and all these other conspiracy theories.

Like go outside.

Emma Bunton's death was one of my favorites from Scream 5.

:jonny5:

54 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I will not allow this Scream 4 slander in here. Jill's whole motive was ahead of its time and is still relevant, maybe even more now. And everyone compains about the "soft glow filter", but i always kinda liked it.

:clap3:

51 minutes ago, Chris said:

because the killer having a compelling motive makes the film better narratively speaking. this goes for any film not just the Scream franchise  — interesting villains make for better entertainment and better pay off when their plans are ruined by the protagonist. 

I had zero interest in Roman as a character in 3, was not at the edge of my seat or shocked when he was revealed like I was with Jill, did not care when he died :bird:For a character that's Sidney's literal brother we have zero pay off or investment as an audience to his character.

he's the worst ghostface by far, and the retconning him to be the mastermind behind the first movie's killings was cheap and also had zero pay off.

meanwhile with Jill and Sidney we get an iconic "don't f*** with the original" :party:moment which feels earned. This is someone Sidney tried to protect the whole movie...

:sorry:

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Just enjoy the movies for what they are.

It makes me cringe so hard how people type literal essays about how certain things "don't make sense" and all these other conspiracy theories.

Like go outside.

That's the whole point of the Scream movies :rip: 

What is this 'filter' y'all are always talking about when discussing Scream 4? I never understood 

Just now, cypriotpcdfan said:

That's the whole point of the Scream movies :rip: 

What is this 'filter' y'all are always talking about when discussing Scream 4? I never understood 

exactly.

like hello part of what makes the franchise what it is, is the "whodunit" aspect and the reveal of who Ghostface is...along with their motives...:bird:

to me that's what has always set Scream apart from Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street etc.  is the fact that the killer could be anyone we've already encountered in the film and finding out why.

:celestial5:

4 has a bloom effect that I guess the atrl'ers on here can't handle :kitty:

Scream > Scream 3 > Scream 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Scream 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> literal dog $h!t >>> Scream 5

31 minutes ago, ebaby said:

exactly.

like hello part of what makes the franchise what it is, is the "whodunit" aspect and the reveal of who Ghostface is...along with their motives...:bird:

to me that's what has always set Scream apart from Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street etc.  is the fact that the killer could be anyone we've already encountered in the film and finding out why.

:celestial5:

4 has a bloom effect that I guess the atrl'ers on here can't handle :kitty:

Exactly. And that's what we're theorizing throughout each film. Who, from the friend group, is Ghostface and WHY. The final act literally has to do with the motive. 

36 minutes ago, ebaby said:

Scream > Scream 2 > Scream 4 > Scream 5 > Scream 3

:giraffe:

Almost perfect. Switch 5 with 3 and it's the perfect ranking. Scream 5 truly aged like milk, it has no replay value, actually upon watching again, I keep realizing how bad it was.  That final act was truly awful. 

At least 3 is fun and it actually does have great reply value. 

For me, it

Scream > Scream 2 > Scream 4 = Scream 3 >>>> Scream 5 

As far as Ghostface

Billy = Stu = Mrs Loomis > Jill > Romen > Mickey > Charlie > Richie > Doofy > Ray > Bobby >>>>>.

>> Amber

Ok but my point is some people do the absolute most with micro scoping everything and then making up crazy conspiracy theories.

I enjoyed Scream 5 but two things REALLY bothered me about it. 

1. The alternating daytime and night-time scenery that led up to and after the hospital scene. 

2. The final act when Sam was struggling with Richie. Did Sidney and Gale not hear the struggle and think to help? My guess is the two struggles (Sam vs Richie, Sid and Gale vs Amber) were meant to be happening simultaneously but the editors did a piss poor job in portraying that. The way Sidney and Gale just casually stroll out of the kitchen after Sam was literally fighting for her life was just...a choice :rip:

This is why S5 absolutely cannot be Neve's last entry in the franchise, it just can't :doc:

Idc what anyone says scream 4 is the best sequel. Scream 6 looks super promising, but 4 despite its flaws managed to really capture the suburban slasher vibe that makes the original so good. 

1 hour ago, misa amane said:

scream 4 was soulless :sorry: i couldn't care less about kirby tbh

kirby slays :sorry:

and u *Will * be seated for her scream 6 return :hippo:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.