Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

7 minutes ago, Hurem said:
  Hide contents

I don't have problem with people surviving stab wounds, but I hate how they moved normally after being stabbed, thrown around the room, etc... That's my biggest flaw of the movie :biblio:

Exactly my thoughts. The movie is more than perfect to me but the only tiny flaw i found is this

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, you could argue parts of these films have always been unrealistic. From having enough time to hang Casey, to Tatum's garage incident, Billy and Stu stabbing each other before finishing the job, Dewey's attack in 2 (keeping in mind it's broad daylight by the time they roll him out), Sidney surviving everything in 4, a goddamn theater professor convincing Sidney to continue starring in a college show when there's literally a serial killer after her :rip: 

But I love it all anyway, even at its most absurd because I don't think these films are necessarily too concerned with being 'realistic' I mean if they were, they'd probably be a lot less entertaining. Maybe 6 asks more of its audience than some of the other entries but I personally didn't mind. 

14 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Just got out of the cinema and this was mid af although a marginal improvement over 5scream thanks to a fresh new setting, great kills beautiful kills, and Gale's amazing chase scene. The "core four" are just not that interesting (one of them should've died) and the killers' motives keep getting sillier. Don't think I'll be watching the next installment(s)

6.5/10 

You are insufferable.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, misa amane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i think this movie will age bad for most of the fandom 

btw they were 3 killers and they could only kill like 5 people? :bibliahh:roman alone killed 9 

This is not correct. These are the full statistics:

Spoiler

Deaths and injuries of Scream VI:

Ghostface Jason:
1. Laura Crane - stabbed

Ghostface Trio
1. Greg Brockner (offscreen) - stabbed and dismembered
2. Jason Carvey - stabbed
3. Bodega bystander #1 - stabbed
4. Bodega bystander #2 - stabbed
5. Bodega manager - shot
6. Dr. Christopher Stone - stabbed
7. Quinn's boyfriend - stabbed
8. Anika Kayoko - stabbed and pushed off ladder
9. Brooks - stabbed

Samantha Carpenter
1. Detective Bailey/Ghostface - stabbed
2. Quinn Bailey/Ghostface - shot

Kirby Reed
1. Ethan Bailey/Virgin Ghostface - stabbed, stabbed in mouth, thrown TV

Injuries:
Kirby - shot and stabbed
Gale Weathers - stabbed
Chad Meeks-Martin - stabbed
Mindy Meeks-Martin - stabbed
Tara Carpenter - bruised and cut
Samantha Carpenter - bruised and cut

There was a total of:
13 deaths overall
10 deaths inflicted by Ghostface (one by Jason, nine by the trio)
3 deaths of Ghostface killers being executed by main characters
14 stabbings (9 being fatal)
3 injuries by firearm (2 being fatal)
1 death by fall
1 death by TV being thrown
1 dismemberment

In terms of the franchise this is how deadly this entry was:
1. Scream 6 - 13 deaths (10 victims, 3 killers)
2. Scream 4 - 11 deaths (9 victims, 2 killers), 3 fictional deaths in Stab universe (3 victims, two killers)
3. Scream 3 - 10 deaths (9 victims, 1 killer)
4. Scream 2 - 10 deaths (8 victims, 2 killers)
5. Scream 5 - 8 deaths (6 victims, 2 killers)
6. Scream - 7 deaths (5 victims, 2 killers)

Edited by mystery

Regarding the Ghostface mask for Scream 7…

Spoiler

I wonder if there’s a possibility Radio Silence will continue to differentiate the mask in the next movie. I feel like it would be weird to go back to a normal mask lol. I remember reading a fun fan fiction for Scream 6 awhile ago that dealt with the cult plot line. The leader of the cult wore a crimson colored mask. It’d be cool if a mask like that appeared in Scream 7. What do you guys think? Should they go back to a normal looking mask or have an altered one again?

So I don't remember my initial reaction on the S5 thread, but the t seems to be this is the best sequal in a long while, spat dirt on 5, might be my 3rd fave? need it to be released on streaming soon :jonny:

Definitely the best sequel so far. The way they did more to develop Sam and Tara in just one movie than anything they did with Sidney in 5 movies. hehe.

1>>6>2>>>4>5>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

people who put 5 or 6 above 2 were not even alive when the first trilogy came out, i hope.

It almost did the same number of Scream (2022)'s first Monday which was a holiday. Great numbers.

Comparing the numbers to other horror movies:

M3GAN ($1,985,265)

Smile ($2,201,431)

The Black Phone ($3,066,385)

20 minutes ago, FunCoric said:

people who put 5 or 6 above 2 were not even alive when the first trilogy came out, i hope.

I was and i would atleast put 6 over 2. But the thing is that i always switch 2 and 5 and now probably also 6. I am just sure about 1 and 4 being the Top 2 and 3 being the weakest one.

I think 2 has some iconic and memorable scenes, but i liked 5 and 6 more as a whole. And i still think that 2 has one of the weakest opening scenes.

1 minute ago, HungryByTheBuffet said:

1 > 2 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 5 

I think I'm brave enough to say it now...whew

Taste jumped ouT :clap3:

4 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

I was and i would atleast put 6 over 2. But the thing is that i always switch 2 and 5 and now probably also 6. I am just sure about 1 and 4 being the Top 2 and 3 being the weakest one.

I think 2 has some iconic and memorable scenes, but i liked 5 and 6 more as a whole. And i still think that 2 has one of the weakest opening scenes.

If by 2 you mean 5 then you are correct. That was by far the weakest opening. Even Cotton biting the dust in 3, and the spinny opening sequence in 4 were better.

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

In terms of best opening scene I would rank:

1 (iconique)

Opening

2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3

Cast

2 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 4

Attack/Kill Scenes

6 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3

Killers

2 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 4 >>> 6

Killer Reveal

5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 6

Final Girl showdown

6 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 4

Overall

2 > 5 > 1 > 6 > 3 > 4

spacer.png

Spoiler

I'm not shocked they didn't kill any of the core four. I understand when some of you say you feel there were no stakes, but they clearly wanted to make the audience fall in love with core four and it'd make no sense to lose any of the four because they want people to come back for Scream 7. Now that they succeded in making audiences care for the new characters, I'm pretty sure Mindy or Chad are going to be killed off in the next installment.

That being said, Mindy needs some depth cause her one character trait of being a cynic ain't it. 

The only really bad thing about this was Dulmont Mulroney's acting. They should have picked someone who wasn't so campy. 

Do we think Melissa/Jenna will be final girls for more than 3 movies?

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Do we think Melissa/Jenna will be final girls for more than 3 movies?

As much as I want like ten more films with them both, I also want the franchise to end (for now) on a high note with a proper conclusive third entry that leaves enough open for sometime down the line but also grants enough closure to satisfy in its own right.

I worry that if they kept going past that, they’d eventually risk tarnishing all the good they’ve accomplished. 

The thing that KILLED the movie though was:

Chad and Danny didn't do a flip flop scene

:shakeno:

1 > 2 > 6 > 4 > 5 > 3

My only real gripe was the initial shock of who Ghostface was since there was nothing to set it up, it just came out of nowhere. But I enjoyed it more as the movie kept going. 

Just as 5 fun at the beginning and then it falls apart and becomes cringe fest at the end, I honestly thought the reveal could not get worse after 5 but boy they proved me wrong :ahh:

I would say it's better than 5 and maybe 3 (haven't watched it in a while)

1 & 2 just remain untouchable and 4 honestly was good and miles better than this attempt at reboot

It just sad because I enjoy the setting, I love the idea of two sisters (I really liked Sam's character even more than in the last one) and the other characters were okay, there are some fun moments, but the plot just gets wayy too absurd to be enjoyable I am sorry

the acting of those 3 in the end was so cringe omgg like it took me out of the moment, but must admit Sam dragging that girl and telling her how now she has no brothers was a campy funny mess  

:ahh:

also Gale was serving looping Dead By Daylight legend in that chase scene :lmao:

Monday drops

The Black Phone: 47,8%

Smile: 61,8%

Scream VI: 62,5%

Halloween Kills: 70,6%

Cocaine Bear: 70,8%

M3GAN: 71,6%

Halloween Ends: 73,6%

Morbius: 75,1%

It should rise tomorrow, hope it crosses 4M :ghostface:

Spoiler

I was just thinking…why didn’t they just use the ladder to climb down into the alley? :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.