• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I cracked the code!

scream 7 killer will be Tara. They’re replicating the first 3 movies and Sam is the new Sidney, it was Billie & Richie both of the boyfriends and then their family members Billy’s mom/Richie’s dad. In 3 it was sidney’s  half brother and Sam’s half sister is Tara … 

:ghostface:

Question:

Who stabbed Mindy in the train

Who attacked the girls at the Bodega

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Question:

Hide contents

Who stabbed Mindy in the train

Who attacked the girls at the Bodega

Spoiler

Quinn & detective Wayne

2 hours ago, Babydoll. said:

:rip: what does this mean lol - i just didnt enjoy this installation fhjskdjhdas

The more days I've had to register, I'm feeling the same way.

I feel like I'm missing something, because I came out feeling disappointed and everyone on here and Reddit is acting like this it's the greatest movie ever :skull: .

Besides the unrealistic survivals, I fail to see how this was the "darkest Ghostface ever" :rip:.

when can we stop using spoiler tags?? why'd anyone enter here if they havent seen it? its been 4 days already

1 hour ago, Dior said:

I cracked the code!

Hide contents

scream 7 killer will be Tara. They’re replicating the first 3 movies and Sam is the new Sidney, it was Billie & Richie both of the boyfriends and then their family members Billy’s mom/Richie’s dad. In 3 it was sidney’s  half brother and Sam’s half sister is Tara … 

:ghostface:

I don't think they will literal repeat the same reveal. Scream 5 and 6 had similiar reveals, but it were still variations of the original reveals and not an exact copy. It is very possible that it will be Sam and Tara's mother, Christina Carpenter. She was mentioned multiple times, even directly in the Scream 5 opening and she would've a motive, that includes Sam AND Sidney. Sidney, because she was Billy's actual girlfriend and got all the fame and attention after the murders and on top of that killed Billy, who she probably loved. And Sam, because she blames her for destroying her family and turning her husband, and later Tara, against her. Christina Carpenter was a drunk and befriended Amber, telling her that Billy is Sam's father and how Sam destroyed her family and how she's jealous of Sidney, creating a plan to kill both. That's why she's leaving town for an "extended work trip", so Amber and Richie can fulfill their plan and maybe she even contacted Detective Bailey and told him about Sam killing Richie.

39 minutes ago, Intuition said:

The more days I've had to register, I'm feeling the same way.

I feel like I'm missing something, because I came out feeling disappointed and everyone on here and Reddit is acting like this it's the greatest movie ever :skull: .

Besides the unrealistic survivals, I fail to see how this was the "darkest Ghostface ever" :rip:.

I think that’s the biggest example of why it feels contradictory or like the film is missing something.

The “I’m something different” or more brutal Ghostface commentary WOULD have worked had the writers not let so many characters survive. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but all those characters surviving such brutal stabbings is what’s keeping me from stanning. There’s needed to be some stakes at hand.

The entire “Core 4” surviving when two should have been found dead as a door nail just doesn’t leave you feeling much at the end. Almost like this installment was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

13 minutes ago, Kevin2803 said:

Hide contents

I don't think they will literal repeat the same reveal. Scream 5 and 6 had similiar reveals, but it were still variations of the original reveals and not an exact copy. It is very possible that it will be Sam and Tara's mother, Christina Carpenter. She was mentioned multiple times, even directly in the Scream 5 opening and she would've a motive, that includes Sam AND Sidney. Sidney, because she was Billy's actual girlfriend and got all the fame and attention after the murders and on top of that killed Billy, who she probably loved. And Sam, because she blames her for destroying her family and turning her husband, and later Tara, against her. Christina Carpenter was a drunk and befriended Amber, telling her that Billy is Sam's father and how Sam destroyed her family and how she's jealous of Sidney, creating a plan to kill both. That's why she's leaving town for an "extended work trip", so Amber and Richie can fulfill their plan and maybe she even contacted Detective Bailey and told him about Sam killing Richie.

Spoiler

This makes more sense. Tara being a killer will literally ruin the new trilogy

1 minute ago, genetic fail said:
  Hide contents

This makes more sense. Tara being a killer will literally ruin the new trilogy

And she even was in the original script, first in a scene where she was drunk at the bar and another one, where she literally blames Sam for what happened to Tara and telling her that she's just like her father.

Who’s the best Final Girl and best Ghostface of all time and why are they both Sam Carpenter?

spacer.png

Just got out of the cinema and this was mid af although a marginal improvement over 5scream thanks to a fresh new setting, great kills beautiful kills, and Gale's amazing chase scene. The "core four" are just not that interesting (one of them should've died) and the killers' motives keep getting sillier. Don't think I'll be watching the next installment(s)

6.5/10 

Edited by Reverse Warholian

7 hours ago, skankle said:

This was decent but the girlies are being a bit delusional with the mega praise! The writing is literally worse than ever but it's compensated for by the consistently great set pieces. Sam's actress does 100000x better too.

Hide contents

The resilience of these characters is getting incredibly ridiculous for the sake of adding stakes + gore without having to kill them off. Mindy's girlfriend got a knife dragged from her bellybutton up to her ribcage and somehow manages to walk and talk and crawl for the next 5 minutes before her (kinda funny) plummet. Mindy herself gets a big drawn-out stab on the train and then is running around only a few hours later as if nothing happened in the epilogue. Tara is literally stabbed in the back during the finale when kissing Chad (particularly annoying and cringe and useless plot point btw) and it seems like they pretend it didn't happen entirely and she's not even sent to hospital? And then worst of all Chad who brings nothing but eye candy to the table survives an absolute barrage of stabbings 

:rip: Like come on just kill him off we don't really care!

(English breakfast) Tea!

4 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Just got out of the cinema and this was mid af although a marginal improvement over 5scream thanks to a fresh new setting, great kills beautiful kills, and Gale's amazing chase scene. The "core four" are just not that interesting and the killers' motives keep getting sillier. Don't think I'll be watching the next installment(s)

6.5/10 

Just now, Reverse Warholian said:

(English breakfast) Tea!

1>2>3>6>5>4

1 hour ago, Right Now said:

Hide contents

I think that’s the biggest example of why it feels contradictory or like the film is missing something.

The “I’m something different” or more brutal Ghostface commentary WOULD have worked had the writers not let so many characters survive. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, but all those characters surviving such brutal stabbings is what’s keeping me from stanning. There’s needed to be some stakes at hand.

The entire “Core 4” surviving when two should have been found dead as a door nail just doesn’t leave you feeling much at the end. Almost like this installment was inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Spoiler

That was a complaint that I had earlier in this thread.

One thing that always made Scream great is that they always had well-written clever characters who aren't just their for a body count.

Of course there are always characters that are just cannon fodder, but I always think of Tatum who is a central character and people remember her not only because of her memorable death scene, but because she was a great character that everyone rooted for and wanted to live.

Imagine if instead of killing Tatum , they just offed all the random extras at the party :rip:.

Similar to Randy in the Sequel, they could have easily brought him back with the other 3 but didn't. 

Like I felt bad for Anika, but I feel like she was killed as soon as we got to know her and I kind of new she was doomed from the beginning because of the trailers. Also it bothered me how Mindy was just somehow fine (even joking about who the killer is) after watching her girlfriend get tragically murdered :skull:.

i agree that

Spoiler

chad shouldn't have survived that many stabs

but I also think in the older movies some of the characters die way too easily, like way too easily :deadvision:

it's kind of inconsistent and takes a bit of suspending your belief when you watch

• ATRL Moderator

I mean, my stan glasses are glued on at this point, so I can't even imagine how big of a misstep this franchise would have to take for me to genuinely not enjoy one of the entries. I acknowledge that. However, I do also believe that these films are the most fun when you meet them halfway. Are some of the plot points farfetched? Sure (to be fair, they kind of always have been). Do some of the reveal sequences leave room for improvement? Of course. But if you just let the film do its thing, at least for me, it's maybe the most fun I've ever had in an actual cinema.

Also, I do think that nostalgia bolsters some people's love for these films (like me) while it makes these newer films harder to enjoy for others. It's easy to look back on the early films (especially the first two) and put them on a pedestal while overlooking some of their flaws (and they do have them). I do that every time I re-watch them, but if you really pushed me on it, I'd be able to point out some elements that don't quite work as well as others. Same thing for 5 and 6, but they are so much fun and the performances (particularly in 6) are so compelling that I don't mind certain 'faults.'

Of course people are entitled to their opinions, and I'm sure some are just genuinely dissatisfied with the direction the franchise is going, but I do feel like some people are just looking for problems for the sake of it. Not necessarily anyone on here, just some thoughts I've been having perusing the wide array of reactions. Over the moon with the audience scores, and that Scream now has four certified fresh installments! :ghostface:

I've stayed away from ALL SPOILERS and will be seeing it in 3D 4DX tomorrow night, I'm ready for Courteney to end that flop GhostFace.

If Sidney comes back in the next film, I wonder how she will tie in with the plot? It was said that her, Mark and their kids went somewhere safe. Maybe Mark and Sid will come back to help the group? Mark was a detective so he has training. (Which is weird now that I think about it - he let Sidney go ALONE to Woodsboro in the last film?). 

Anyway, if Scream VII is truly the last film, Neve MUST be in it. 

Spoiler

Watching the Collider spoiler interview, its clear the directors are too ***** to kill off any of the four :rip: 

LIke come on — you can't make a point of "anyone is fair game!!" in one minute and then backtrack that point by the end of the film

If they all survive the next one :biblio:

Nobody asked for this but here’s my Scream ranking. It’s mostly based on motives, how tense the set pieces are, and if I felt satisfied after watching the movie when it’s done. 

- Scream 2 (excellent horror sequel, really fun chase scenes and set pieces, motive was good if not simple, super tense, and great evolution of characters from 1)

- Scream 1 (excellent horror franchise starter, very meta, perfect amount of tension throughout the movie, opening scene is one of the best, and deaths were memorable.) 

- Scream 4 (in my opinion a great motive and deranged ghostface, a nice prologue to the trilogy, clever opening, and a fun commentary on reboot. Annoying filter and editing in the third act was wonky) 

- Scream 3 (perfect closure for Sidney’s journey, enjoyed the Scooby-Doo style in some scenes, weakest opening, Sidney v Roman could’ve been done better) 

- Scream 6 (great set pieces, opening was amazing, writing was a little bit lazy and took the easy way out for some characters) 

- Scream 5 (a good return to form for the franchise, took a good risk with killing a legacy character, no chase scenes, motive was okay, setting was derivative, and some characters were underutilized)

Scream 6 was good, but the writing for that movie was a little bit nonsensical. Idk if it was because of the editing or if they were lazy and hoped we wouldn’t think too much about how some things played out. I would’ve ranked it higher had the third act was done well and wasn’t afraid to let some characters actually die 🙄

14 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:
  Hide contents

Watching the Collider spoiler interview, its clear the directors are too ***** to kill off any of the four :rip: 

LIke come on — you can't make a point of "anyone is fair game!!" in one minute and then backtrack that point by the end of the film

If they all survive the next one :biblio:

Exactly. Hopefully they’ll take notice of the criticism and make the choice to really kill them for good. 

1 hour ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

I've stayed away from ALL SPOILERS and will be seeing it in 3D 4DX tomorrow night, I'm ready for Courteney to end that flop GhostFace.

You’re gonna have so much fun watching it in 4DX! It was an experience. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.