Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

the way everyone in my nyc audience was like "where's the alleyways in nyc at?":lmao:

but going home on the subway after was:deadvision:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly liked Act 3 overall.

I went to see this unscathed by the spoilers for the most part (that damn ET canada interview spoiled me the "virgin" line so I knew about Ethan) so I was definitely gagged when Quinn popped up. I did think her off-screen death was a bit suspicious but I thought it might have been an homage to Urban Legend or something and everything that happened in that scene was so fast that I kinda forgot about it. They also made me doubt about Kirby ngl

:ghostface:

Quinn getting clocked by the brick made :ahh: (I generally liked her character). Dermont Murloney's acting in that Act tho was a choice tho...

9 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Hide contents

i have a hunch they wanted to kill her off. mindy said that the main character needs to die in order for the franchise to live. neve probably didn't like that

Spoiler

So do you think her saying it was money related was just a cover up? 

Just now, Wrecked said:
  Reveal hidden contents

possibly. i'll admit that i have not been following the BTS drama all that closely but when Mindy said that in the movie that was my first thought

29 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

okay, after some thoughts i started realising how the story makes no sense and the plot holes are just too big. 

Hide contents

Kirby and Gale should've recognised Ghostface. same with the fake death, how did they (especially Kirby since it's her job!!) not caught on that I will never understand. 

also 'who the f*** cares about movies' was not the subversion they thought it was, it just showed that the writers ran out of things to say about horror films to they put together a half-assed story and called it a day. i understand why neve didn't want to be a part of this. the kills and chase scenes were fun and the movie clearly had budget, but story-wise this franchise is done i think.

A whole NYPD cop was the father of one of the killers from 6 months ago, yet this went off the radar by everyone?

Come the **** on. That was such sloppy writing. 

It would have made way more sense had he been the therapist. 

The final act truly was mediocre at best. This would have flown right up there with Scream 2 had the final act been better. 

Spoiler

you guys are really doubting an nypd cop can be related to a crazy person / themselves also be crazy :bibliahh:

be for real.

cops snap and doing horrible things / and have the resources to cover those things up all the time 

As someone who thought 5 was absolute dogshit, I wasn't expecting to love 6 as much as I did :clap3:

Literally everything was so much better. The writing, the acting, the story, the kills :clap3:

Even Mindy wasn't annoying in this one :clap3:

The best Scream sequel, I fear :clap3:

Also this was proof that Sidney was holding 5 back. She's iconic, but it was time to move on to a new story and new characters 

5 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Also this was proof that Sidney was holding 5 back. She's iconic, but it was time to move on to a new story and new characters 

She was barely in 5 tho… like you get the phone call scene, then she arrives for the final act… 

Loved the movie but…

I was seriously concerned with the writers not having the guts to kill off either Mindy or Chad. They were both stabbed brutally but especially Chad and we’re supposed to believe Mindy was just able to leave the hospital and pop up at the end with a limp at worst?

Why didn’t they do something different and have Ethan push her out the back of the train and onto the tracks after it started moving again to leave her for dead?

And Chad getting stabbed the way he did by the brother-sister duo but we know he’ll be up and about like nothing by the next film. Why didn’t they think to slice his throat as well.

For killers to be “something different” and so brutally murder other characters, the creative team really dropped the ball with these two just for fan service.

2 minutes ago, Right Now said:

Loved the movie but…

Hide contents

I was seriously concerned with the writers not having the guts to kill off either Mindy or Chad. They were both stabbed brutally but especially Chad and we’re supposed to believe Mindy was just able to leave the hospital and pop up at the end with a limp at worst?

Why didn’t they do something different and have Ethan push her out the back of the train and onto the tracks after it started moving again to leave her for dead?

And Chad getting stabbed the way he did by the brother-sister duo but we know he’ll be up and about like nothing by the next film. Why didn’t they think to slice his throat as well.

For killers to be “something different” and so brutally murder other characters, the creative team really dropped the ball with these two just for fan service.

I agree with you. Chad should've died along with Gale and Danny. I'm indifferent on Mindy as Quinn didn't really do the best job trying to kill her on a crowded train. It would've been too soon to reveal Ethan as GF before Act 3. Plus we already had that moment earlier in the movie with Jason.

Just now, ebaby said:
  Hide contents

you guys are really doubting an nypd cop can be related to a crazy person / themselves also be crazy :bibliahh:

be for real.

cops snap and doing horrible things / and have the resources to cover those things up all the time 

Who said that? I'm not doubting that he can be related to a crazy person. I'm doubting how NO ONE would know about it

:rip: Or even be talked about as one of the 'sequel rules' from the original. 

You'd think Kirby would have investigated the ghostface attacks, as she literally said so herself. 

37 minutes ago, ebaby said:
  Reveal hidden contents

be for real.

that's... not what we were saying? we were saying it was ooc and dumb how both Gale and Kirby were completely oblivious to Richie's family. between the two of them, one wrote an entire book about the events of Scream V and the other's literal job is a Ghostface cop. you mean to tell me not one of them bothered to talk to or at least meet Richie's family? the writing was lazy for the sake of an underwhelming end reveal. also Kirby should've known that Quinn was not really dead. again, how are you a whole FBI agent dedicated to catching Ghostface and you don't even check the actual list of victims of the current killings? 

28 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

She was barely in 5 tho… like you get the phone call scene, then she arrives for the final act… 

We had some Riverdale’d melodrama between Gale, Sid and Dewey that took away from the time that should’ve been spent on developing the new cast a bit more :michael: 

1 minute ago, John Slayne said:

Reveal hidden contents

that's... not what we were saying? we were saying it was ooc and dumb how both Gale and Kirby were completely oblivious to Richie's family. between the two of them, one wrote an entire book about the events of Scream V and the other's literal job is a Ghostface cop. you mean to tell me not one of them bothered to talk to or at least meet Richie's family? the writing was lazy for the sake of an underwhelming end reveal. also Kirby should've known that Quinn was not really dead. again, how are you a whole FBI agent dedicated to catching Ghostface and you don't even check the actual list of victims of the current killings? 

Ddd wait you made some excellent points here :rip:

9 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you. Chad should've died along with Gale and Danny. I'm indifferent on Mindy as Quinn didn't really do the best job trying to kill her on a crowded train. It would've been too soon to reveal Ethan as GF before Act 3. Plus we already had that moment earlier in the movie with Jason.

I just feel like…

They’d already heavily suggested Ethan was going to be a killer, that it would have been kind of poetic had he finished the job in the train scene and the audience and Mindy been validated in the fact that he was a killer. We were already minutes away from the final act. The real surprise was still going to be Quinn.

Also, did anyone else feel Josh did a TERRIBLE job in this film? I’ve seen him in other projects before and he wasn’t bad, but I thought his character was just the pits. The fact that he would up being a “survivor” too.

you gays made some points. I still was here for it and everyone in my audience was shocked

1 hour ago, Wrecked said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Neve specifically said she liked the script and was absolutely ready to do it. I really don’t think that is what happened here. But who can be 100% sure. 

23 minutes ago, Right Now said:

Loved the movie but…

Hide contents

Spoiler

well, technically Gale's, Mindy's and Chad's attacks can be survived. Gale got stabbed like 3 times, Mindy once, and I didn't count but I think even Amber stabbed Chad more times than the 2 GF's did.

But yeah, I think one of them has to die in 7

5 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:
  Hide contents

Neve specifically said she liked the script and was absolutely ready to do it. I really don’t think that is what happened here. But who can be 100% sure. 

Spoiler

I hope we eventually find out, as her taking her family away just made perfect sense and I just don’t see how she would have fit into the script considering the killers wanted revenge on Sam and not Sidney.

4 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:
  Hide contents

well, technically Gale's, Mindy's and Chad's attacks can be survived. Gale got stabbed like 3 times, Mindy once, and I didn't count but I think even Amber stabbed Chad more times than the 2 GF's did.

But yeah, I think one of them has to die in 7

Could Chad really have survived that though? The amount of blood he was already losing and the amount of time between his stabbings and the police/ambulances arriving it’d seem he’d have lost to much blood by then with all the stabbings. Especially when he was essentially left for dead and no one was treating his wounds.

Again, for killers who’d already done some gruesome deaths and decapitated/aimed for the head on multiple prior killings, it seemed like a huge oversight.

18 minutes ago, Right Now said:
Spoiler

They’d already heavily suggested Ethan was going to be a killer, that it would have been kind of poetic had he finished the job in the train scene and the audience and Mindy been validated in the fact that he was a killer.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who wanted this to happen. It would’ve been another refreshing take in VI.

14 minutes ago, Right Now said:

Reveal hidden contents

Could Chad really have survived that though? The amount of blood he was already losing and the amount of time between his stabbings and the police/ambulances arriving it’d seem he’d have lost to much blood by then with all the stabbings. Especially when he was essentially left for dead and no one was treating his wounds.

Again, for killers who’d already done some gruesome deaths and decapitated/aimed for the head on multiple prior killings, it seemed like a huge oversight.

Spoiler

oh, yeah it was definitely a little far fetched considering there are characters that were only stabbed once and died, but to be fair people irl have survived worse

1 hour ago, Right Now said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Well, Quinn and Ethan haven’t killed anyone before attacking Chad ( Ethan hasn’t done any attack before third act I think ), except for Quinn who practically ambushed Gale’s boyfriend, but she couldn’t have given Gale fatal wounds even after stabbing her three times in direct contact. 

And yes, she attacked Mindy on the subway, but the setting of the scene helped her immensely. 

Also, they were more indulged to show Tara and Sam there are two killers most definitely. I don’t necessarily say Chad’s survival should have happened, but I am glad it did, because he was truly centerpiece of the movie in his own way.

His stabbings resemble those Dewey got in Scream 2. And the scene towards the end when Tara is running to him a la Gale with Dewey. 

Also, we finally got two Ghostafces attacking one victim at the same time, which was an idea exsiting in original Scream 2 script regarding death of one character, but I am not sure who.

Edited by Lemon

Spoiler

Sam = Sidney

Chad = Dewey

Mindy = Randy (but with more luck ) 

Gale = Gale

:biggrin:

Edited by Lemon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.