• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a spoiler so I'm just gonna say it, how is Friday the 13th 2 Mindy's favorite of the franchise? Like, I thought she had taste.

what do y'all think the final RT score will be? I think after all is said and done it will settle at 78%

6 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

This isn't a spoiler so I'm just gonna say it, how is Friday the 13th 2 Mindy's favorite of the franchise? Like, I thought she had taste.

tbh all friday the 13th movies are trash so :dies:

16 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I mean, the first three are all decent horror slashers, especially for that era and theme in particular ( kind of backwoods Halloween ). I am more inclined to question Kirby’s preference in this matter, but then again it seems she is aware that Final Chapter is not all that. 

• ATRL Moderator
28 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

Because it’s the one that introduces Jason (though I agree it’s not a great film by any means)

33 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

I was more bothered that her and Kirby liked the original Candyman and the requel equally :doc:

I had such a good time watching this one :jonny5:

I need to see it again to do my final verdict but I liked it just as much as 5 if not a little bit more. I did think the motive could’ve been better but whatever

I wish…

Spoiler

They did a better job with Quinn’s fake death. Like it would’ve been cool if Quinn “was able to open the door to escape” from Ghostface and everyone sees her and Ghostface grabs her and “fake stab” multiple time in her back and proceed to “fake slice” her neck using blood prosthetics. That would’ve been really cool and would’ve made her reveal as GF even more shocking! 

Question…

Spoiler

When Jason runs into Tara at the beginning of the film, was Ethan in that group Tara was traveling with? He was wearing a robot costume? I’m just curious because I don’t remember and I’m trying to figure out if Ethan is the one who killed Jason and probably Greg before he met up with the friend group at the party. 

Sigh. All of this anticipation and I get sick on release day. :cries:

Would be seeing the movie in an hour, but at home with a cold. So pissed.

47 minutes ago, Venice B said:

tbh all friday the 13th movies are trash so :dies:

Jason Lives is good!

also Psycho 2 is SO underrated they spilled there.

Another thought that I had regarding the killer

Spoiler

So obviously Det Bailey loved Richie and wanted revenge so much that he corrupted his two other children to join him and kill. But I thought it would’ve been interesting if Ethan was annoyed that Richie got all of the attention and love from their dad and that affected him. So he decides to kill his dad to prove that Ethan is just as good as Richie, if not better. Obviously this would put Quinn in a weird situation but goes along with it to finish out what they started. Idk I thought that would’ve made Ethan a more interesting character. 

12 minutes ago, kishi said:

Sigh. All of this anticipation and I get sick on release day. :cries:

Would be seeing the movie in an hour, but at home with a cold. So pissed.

Don't be a p***y, go watch the movie, it's just a cold

1 minute ago, kyris89 said:

Don't be a p***y, go watch the movie, it's just a cold

:ahh:

No, it's germy and gross. I'm not going to be sniffling and wiping a runny nose around other people in public. The GP doesn't care about their health, sanitation or cleanliness, but I do. Will just have to wait a few days!

:ghostface:

2 minutes ago, kishi said:

No, it's germy and gross. I'm not going to be sniffling and wiping a runny nose around other people in public. The GP doesn't care about their health, sanitation or cleanliness, but I do. Will just have to wait a few days!

Good for you for actually caring about others around you :clap3:Get better and stay away from spoilers in the mean time!

I’d be lying if I said I weren’t a little disappointed. It started out so strong (my jaw even dropped). Second act was decent. The third act was… a choice. I still think there’s only one flat out bad Scream movie (Scream 3), but this ranks at the bottom of the rest of the pack for me. :noparty:

I’m glad y’all are enjoying it though. 

honestly I don't like the opening THAT much, but the final act/reveal is probably my favorite, idk why some critics said it's weakest point of the movie

okay, after some thoughts i started realising how the story makes no sense and the plot holes are just too big. 

Kirby and Gale should've recognised Ghostface. same with the fake death, how did they (especially Kirby since it's her job!!) not caught on that I will never understand. 

also 'who the f*** cares about movies' was not the subversion they thought it was, it just showed that the writers ran out of things to say about horror films to they put together a half-assed story and called it a day. i understand why neve didn't want to be a part of this. the kills and chase scenes were fun and the movie clearly had budget, but story-wise this franchise is done i think.

Edited by John Slayne

4 minutes ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

honestly I don't like the opening THAT much, but the final act/reveal is probably my favorite, idk why some critics said it's weakest point of the movie

I feel the opposite way :D the opening was great, the reveal was boring and nonsensical 

55 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Hide contents

When Jason runs into Tara at the beginning of the film, was Ethan in that group Tara was traveling with? He was wearing a robot costume? I’m just curious because I don’t remember and I’m trying to figure out if Ethan is the one who killed Jason and probably Greg before he met up with the friend group at the party. 

yeah it was ethan in the robot costume, I think the ghostface that killed jason and greg was detective bailey because quinn was at her dorm at that time

36 minutes ago, kishi said:

Feel better soon 😘 i was joking, obviously 

3 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Regarding Sidney…

Reveal hidden contents

Does anybody know what her original role was going to be? As I just can’t imagine her in the story we got. I also loved how they wrote her out of the movie, it made perfect sense.

i have a hunch they wanted to kill her off. mindy said that the main character needs to die in order for the franchise to live. neve probably didn't like that

Spoiler

The fake-out was good because I clocked the two killers immediately, but then I second guessed myself after one of them got “killed”.  

Great film. Definitely an improvement from the predecessor.

Edited by RihFenty20

3 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Hide contents

i have a hunch they wanted to kill her off. mindy said that the main character needs to die in order for the franchise to live. neve probably didn't like that

Spoiler

It would’ve been such a GAG if she was planned to be the opening kill. 

4 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

When they pay homage to ISKWYDLS in 7 by having the couples go on a vacation together >>>

I see the vision and it involves Mason & Josh being shirtless for most of the film :smitten:

wait this would make me switch :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.