Scream 7 | Neve Campbell | Kevin Williamson to direct

ConceptD

On 2/27/2023 at 5:38 PM, R`0`K`R said:

The Demi song snippet was a shouty mess. 

yeah one of the downsides of stanning a vocalist lol they can sing but when they stay trying to flew it comes off as shouty but at least in the rock genre vocals like that make sense and are welcome 

On 2/28/2023 at 10:08 AM, R`0`K`R said:

Its not a leak!

I think this is going to be the SCARIEST entry yet.

:ghostface:

she was serving monica gellar here and i love it lol

On 2/28/2023 at 10:13 AM, R`0`K`R said:

Check out my new sick ass T-shirt that I am cutting up into a men's tank. I'm wearing on opening night.

spacer.png

:ghostface:

@Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian

this is such a cute outfit!!

On 2/28/2023 at 1:37 PM, ebaby said:

okay so atrl really is a separate reality ... :bibliahh:

the hype on here is :duca: yet when I'm looking at seats for the thursday premiere here in nyc it's giving empty :deadbanana2:

this will be my first time seeing a Scream in theaters and I really want a packed audience full of fans...where are they:kitty:

it'll probably sell more or out as the date approaches closer. this is a horror movie franchise not a summer blockbuster so adjust your expectations. also for horror movies a mature audience fares better. having a pack theater usually means an overreactive audience and that can take away from the experience

On 2/28/2023 at 2:36 PM, blackoutbritney said:

Jesus Courtney looks FANTASTIC

i'm glad that she chilled out on all of the work that she was getting done. she looks great now

On 2/28/2023 at 3:51 PM, ebaby said:

i thought the jenna ortega impact would sell out theaters :deadbanana2:

i hope this doesn't flop :ghostface:

Dx stop putting all this pressure on jenna who's JUST breaking out to be the main selling point. she's not a movie star (yet) and it's on track to have the biggest opening yet breathe fellow stabbie

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked and the Wednesday night double feature screening I’m going to is sold out now. I’m in Cambridge, England so I’m not exactly in the sticks but honestly I’ve very rarely seen this happen even when I lived in London. This movie could be huge. 

On 3/1/2023 at 11:07 AM, chosensparkles said:

rewatching Scream 4 now... Hayden's Kirby def was the best new character

:clap3:

On 3/1/2023 at 11:23 AM, R`0`K`R said:

I think Scream 3 and 4 have the worst cast overall.

from S3. I only liked the Holy Trinity & Parker Posey.

from S4. Holy Trinity, Hayden, Emma, Judy Hicks, and Sidney’s publicist. 

S5 really does have an awesome cast. I was thinking how perfect and thoughtful the casting agent must have been to secure Chad & Mindy. They look so alike and feel like twins.

3 had the worst cast for sure

i hated judy so much at first but after repeated viewing grew to like her which made watching her in 5 all the more heart wrenching. yeah the casting director did a very good on casting both siblings for sure  

On 3/1/2023 at 12:30 PM, qurl said:

Kirby has got to be the most overrated character from a Scream movie probably ever …. maybe Tara is coming for that spot but at least Jenna Ortega has the acting chops to justify the fervor.

i am happy that Hayden gets to return but ….. the level of stanning just never made any sense to me.

kirby is what people are trying to make mindy out to be. but that also goes to how kirby was written and how hayden was directed by wes which is why people like her so much. to say jenna has acting chops but act like hayden doesn't have any is simply not true

On 3/1/2023 at 1:17 PM, chosensparkles said:

people act like Hayden is a C-List talented actress

girl literally was nominated for Nashville at the Golden Globes twice and always was acclaimed for giving the best perforrmance on the show

tumblr_o6570u0D8J1qehsoxo6_250.gif

she was definitely a borderline it girl back in her hey day and yeah she was great on nashville and that show in itself was good as well

On 3/1/2023 at 1:24 PM, chosensparkles said:

I guess doubting her skills back in Heroes days, maybe she was still a teenager and Claire sometimes didn't have any substance

but after the Amanda Clarke film, Scream 4 and Nashville

sorry but girl is a gifted actress

she was great as claire the first 3 seasons but i feel as a whole because that show quality wise jumped the shark to early it was obvious the cast was just phoning it in.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, bad guy said:

Yeah that's my biggest issue with 4 is the new characters are basically just there to be killed by Ghostface. S5 cast actually had great chemistry. 

you can say that for a majority of the character across this franchise. i liked the supporting cast in 4. the core four of this new incarnation are solid also because of their chemistry. since it's genuine since they're all friends in real life outside of these films.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:24 AM, R`0`K`R said:

None of the cast is booked for Jimmy Fallon next week unless they appear on Thursday or Friday.

Last year, Drew Barrymore did a whole Scream week during its release. She hasn't released details for next week yet but hopefully, we get more than one show promoting it.

I can't find anything else scheduled yet...

booking appearances on drew would be the best of promo. 

On 3/2/2023 at 11:41 PM, R`0`K`R said:

Actress Mikey Madison, 23, is Jewish which  means Amber breaks barriers becoming the first Jewish Ghostface killer ever. Serving TABS and making Jill fans seethe. 

spacer.png

@Walk_Away21 @Reverse Warholian

she's one of the worst. up there with roman. i feel like you're a flop ghostface if once you reveal your identity you don't have the same intimidation without the mask and your motive sucks. 

On 3/3/2023 at 1:11 AM, Jaay said:

Roman’s motivate tied up loose ends for the trilogy. KW’s original ending wasn’t fantastic either and had quite a few plot holes.

Syd and Roman’s “responsibility” conversation was very interesting, esspecially with what was going on in 2000, and it actually made the series feel like it had come to a close.

out of genuine curioisty has their ever been a horror franchise that has a solid third entry?

On 3/3/2023 at 1:40 AM, Attitude said:

ugh such a missed opportunity to not have demi recreate some iconic scenes throughout the series. having demi recreate the casey becker sequence, using the sidney hallucinating ghostface in theater sequence for the chorus, olivia's death scene from 4, the randy set from 5 and then the shrine from 6 and this music video would've snapped

On 3/3/2023 at 2:25 AM, sourtwink said:

if she did she lied because i’ve seen her parents and they’re both white + i know they’re her biological parents because her twin looks just like their biological older brothers :jonny5:

mess is she lied about her race and ethnicity 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:40 AM, TheOnlyOne said:

Toxic fans wanting to give new source material for their favorite franchise is way less far fetched than a rich, famous Hollywood director derailing his entire movie and killing famous actors in a roundabout way to target a girl who's living her life in solitude. Ya'll really let nostalgia blind ya'll cause half the motives from the original trilogy are weak at best. Tbh only icon Debbie Salt had a good motive from the first 3. Even Billy's fine ass was dumb as **** targeting Sid as if its her fault her mama was a hoe. 

read what you wrote, how can you not see how convoluted that is? and lmfao at your last statement. billy had mommy issues clearly. maureen wasn't around so going for sid makes sense. he probably thought the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:42 AM, chosensparkles said:

I mean all motives were kinda far fetched outside of 2

i guess 3 makes sense but that's why we're saying if the execution is sloppy 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:48 AM, Ampersand13 said:

I think what makes Jill such a compelling Ghostface (to me, I know she’s quite polarizing here) is that her reveal was quite surprising (compared to some of the predecessors), her motive was interesting and arguably a tad ahead of its time, and the film managed to do something the franchise hadn’t done before, really demonstrate a psychotic killer almost get away with it. Scream 4 is not a perfect movie, but I think it gets too harshly judged a lot of the time. Now, both Mikey and Jack gave some truly great performances in 5cream (I credit their conviction in large part for making the third act redeemable) but I don’t find them as interesting or compelling character-wise. That being said, still really enjoy all the ones mentioned.

The only one I truly don’t care for in the franchise is probably Roman. I mean Timothy Olyphant’s reveal always felt half-baked compared to Mrs. Loomis’ in Scream 2 but even considering that I still find it more enjoyable than all the retconning in Scream 3. Still love all the films though!

Can’t believe we’re less than a week away! Social media embargo lifts tonight WHEW!! 

for the most part i feel like people like jill as ghostface. at most people probably think that she's overrated. and a tad? literally jill motive essentially became the blueprint and standard for how influencers became a thing before it even was. which is actually terrifying. mikey did not give a good performance. because she didn't interest me nor did she intimidate me. jack at least was serving shaggy realness which made him a clown to watch. i feel you though it's such a disservice to retcon anything cause it's a slap in the face to the creators and fans to what's already been established

On 3/3/2023 at 12:59 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Scream 4 looks like it was released 6 years earlier than it actually was. I'll never forgive them for that atrocious filter. How anyone can think that Rupaul's Drag Race looking movie can be top 2 in the franchise is beyond me.

emma roberts, gif, and scream queens image | Emma roberts ...

On 3/3/2023 at 1:17 PM, ConceptD said:

also apparently Hayden is on The View next week which is kind of strong of her. I just hope it’s not a contractual thing that paramount is holding her to because I don’t even think she would have buried her brother yet. 

this is so morbid. prayers to hayden. i also hope that she's out of that abusive relationship with her baby daddy and has gotten help for her post partum 

On 3/3/2023 at 1:50 PM, chosensparkles said:

gosh I wish her well, I'm pretty sure they are torn btw this is Hayden's big return to the GP in an acting role, and the "she still needs time to grieve her brother's passing away"

i honestly feel like it shouldn't be up to THEM she's the one that lost a family and should be allowed to grieve and given the time and space. if and when she wants to work it should come from her and something like a contract shouldn't be enforcing her to do so either. especially in this climate it wouldn't be a good look for spyglass

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

read what you wrote, how can you not see how convoluted that is? and lmfao at your last statement. billy had mommy issues clearly. maureen wasn't around so going for sid makes sense. he probably thought the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. 

i guess 3 makes sense but that's why we're saying if the execution is sloppy 

for the most part i feel like people like jill as ghostface. at most people probably think that she's overrated. and a tad? literally jill motive essentially became the blueprint and standard for how influencers became a thing before it even was. which is actually terrifying. mikey did not give a good performance. because she didn't interest me nor did she intimidate me. jack at least was serving shaggy realness which made him a clown to watch. i feel you though it's such a disservice to retcon anything cause it's a slap in the face to the creators and fans to what's already been established

emma roberts, gif, and scream queens image | Emma roberts ...

this is so morbid. prayers to hayden. i also hope that she's out of that abusive relationship with her baby daddy and has gotten help for her post partum 

i honestly feel like it shouldn't be up to THEM she's the one that lost a family and should be allowed to grieve and given the time and space. if and when she wants to work it should come from her and something like a contract shouldn't be enforcing her to do so either. especially in this climate it wouldn't be a good look for spyglass

She’s been out of the relationship with her baby daddy for years and he was never abusive to her (according to the way she speaks of him at least). The abusive boyfriend was some bum called Bryan Hickerson who she met after her breakup and they broke up for a while but he’s in most recent paparazzi photos with her so I think they’re still a thing. 

On 3/3/2023 at 2:56 PM, genetic fail said:

I just realized Devyn Nakoda is the very first Asian cast member in the franchise :eek:

here for all of this representation. we've had latinos and african american. i'm not sure if we've ever had indian or some type of middle eastern? 

On 3/3/2023 at 3:31 PM, Intuition said:

I'm going to be so pissed if she does. She's literally the only reason that I want to see it. 

I know they are trying to have a "new generation" but I'm not into any of the characters. 

i mean it's gonna be a tirlogy. we not about to have a scream 10 and gale still running around out here lol if they bring sidney back for the next final installment. having a parrallel sequence to the S2 dewey and gale scene but with sidney and gale would be terrifying

On 3/3/2023 at 3:41 PM, chosensparkles said:

:rip:

she is. whether you're a fan of hers or not. she and her music are well known.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:20 PM, publikcitizen said:

There's no way they would kill Gale. It's too soon after Dewey plus I feel like there are more stories to tell with Gale anyway. 

like what? 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:59 PM, Chris said:

It really just clicked and what she said was true anyways.

our whole culture has her mentality now. the things people do for likes, clicks, views to go viral... frightening

I am watching it on Thursday at 8 PM. Can’t wait for this one. I sense it will be epic, especially in cinema. :flame:

On 3/3/2023 at 10:46 PM, Cheers said:

Another win for Ghostface 

the drowned hockey player, the grandpa janitor, the burned guy, the incest hillbilly guy, all found DEAD

giphy.gif

lmfao i really hope that this scene isn't a dream scene. if executed properly this can be a genuinely terrifying sequence. i'm from nyc and lemme tell you taking the mta is no joke.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:52 PM, Chris said:

I still can't wait for all the chase scenes in the trailer.

I am DYING to see that chase scene with Sam and Tara at the shrine (?) I think?

Urghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:jonny6:

i'm just happy that we're getting multiple ones this time

this image is scary! please keep the humor to a minimum and make ghostface scary again if they really are going for something DIFFERENT

On 3/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, TheOnlyOne said:

Miss ViewerAnon said on Twitter that they are already writing Scream 7 and that Neve burned a bridge with Spyglass. Apparently, they did meet her $ demands but she still turned them down and after bashing them in the press they won’t be trying to work with her anymore.

Out with the old, in with the new.

spacer.png

well let's not believe an anonymous source as a reliable insider. because neve is still on good terms with the cast members. spyglass really thought and would've rather have had people turn against neve for not coming back in but take more offense for her coming clean about the actual reason why she declined smfh shady business right there. if her needs were met she'd be in this movie which disproves that this whole tip is false. she didn't bash them. she spoke up and said the truth. they also respected that and moved forward so yeah.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:33 PM, R`0`K`R said:

I think Tara might either die or basically almost die at the end of Scream 6 and one of the killers will escape at the end, resulting in Sam wanting vengeance and coming for the killer and all of his loved ones in Scream 7. Basically I think Sam will  be Ghostface in 7 and it will be from her point of view on a killing spree.

And I think it will go to the killers hometown in Scream 7, I could see the suburbs of Chicago

doesn't sidney live in chicago now :rip: a survivor becoming ghostface or a ghostface surviving would be new territory. the original scream 4 ending was setting up the latter with jill. the mess that delulu bish would've served only to then be targeted again by another ghostface would've been such a kii.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:03 PM, wantedyoutogrow said:

I'm actually kinda glad that Neve won't be in 7. Sidney's arc has been wrapped up nicely and I'm kinda over her as a character.

Plus also if what ViewerAnon said was true then Neve sounds kinda greedy and I can't blame Spyglass if they don't want to work with her again

she's not being greedy. she's just not settling. spyglass should've negotiated properly. curious if neve will even bother viewing this film and reconsider coming back in general. emma roberts said it best the fact that these studios and industry is getting really comfortable with making their employees seem disposable especially in franchise is disrespectful as ****. i mean even cast members in THIS movie stood with neve which tells you something.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:06 PM, ConceptD said:

I don’t think she’s greedy I just think that after 5 movies she’s over it and good for her for being willing to say no even when she’s being offered a lot of money. 

I guarantee in another 10-15 years we’ll have another reboot where Sidney and her children become the focus once again. 

omg no let this franchise go. not y'all wanting this to continue with her children at some point in the future Dx we already getting the sibling target with this incarnation it would be reductive. whatever happened to letting sidney live in peace lol she wasn't offered alot of money. she was low balled off a franchise that was essentially built on her back and wanted to be compensated correctly and rightfully so. 

On 3/3/2023 at 2:56 PM, genetic fail said:

I just realized Devyn Nakoda is the very first Asian cast member in the franchise :eek:

One of the officers in 5 is Asian. 

On 3/4/2023 at 3:02 PM, Intuition said:

Not surprised. I love the character of Sidney but Neve is no Jamie Lee Curtis.

She needs Scream more than Scream needs her and she really shot herself in the foot because it seems like this movie may be just as (if not more) successful than 5. 

sidney campbell is one thee final girl staple essentials. let's not rewrite history. also scream literally makes a huge majority of her film shares. 

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Does anybody else feel a bit emotional when a new Scream movie is coming out? I think it’s partly because it’s a franchise that just has so many positive memories attached to it for me, but also because I love the cast / characters and it’s actually so anxiety inducing having to see some of them get killed off. Normally horror characters are annoying AF, but they’re so likeable in Scream for the most part.

Can’t Scream 6 just be a sitcom? :ghostface:

Oh my gosh, yes I relate heavily. I literally told my friends they will have to carry me out should Gale not make it :dies: I love this franchise so much.

Just finished 3! A fun watch for sure.

16 hours ago, ConceptD said:

It’s a bit of a mess in here this morning :giraffe:

does anyone else think that if neve would’ve came back Sidney would’ve been an fbi agent and we wouldn’t be getting Hayden? 

yes. it's very clear hayden was brought in to fill in and replace what they would've done with sidney.

16 hours ago, bad guy said:

Her ego got in the way. Was she expecting a $10M or something? :rip:

5 was the perfect wrap up for her anyway.

you think courtney is cheap? especially when she's now credited as a producer as well

15 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

S3 wins on the basis of Parker P alone. And the clever commentary on Hollywood, fame and stereotypical (and desperate) actors trying to make it. But mostly thanks to mizz Pozey.

kick step GIF

the way that this could've been the premise of an original slasher film instead of a botched third installment

13 hours ago, ebaby said:

also he better survive :lakitu:

the trailers haven't been kind to his twin

it's about time we get a final guy so his sis can go

12 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

and now they are 100% sure

that they are still lying

12 hours ago, wantedyoutogrow said:

well, those are his tweets regarding her

how is her clarifying the truth burning a bridge? they sure were hush mouth when the fanbase and the media were eating her up for not coming back which is what led to her stating she simply declined because she wasn't getting paid her worth? yeah sounds like they went BACK to her AFTER the fact because of the backlash not because THEY wanted to because they clearly didn't negotiate on their own terms when she declined the first time. Funny how they felt attacked when she broke the glass ceiling they were perfectly fine with her getting attacked when it was initially announced that she wouldn't return smfh proving and reinforcing the sexist/low pay allegations. 

11 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

The unhinged Scream 4 stan quoting every single post over the past week :deadbanana2:

I’d expect nothing less from someone who thinks the floppest installment is one of the best 

I'm not unhinged. I'm just expressing my opinion in which I loved 1, 2, 4 and 5 just don't like the 3rd one because 1 = 2, 4 > 5> 3.

9 hours ago, ebaby said:

:sistrens:

the  full blown convos with themselves quotes, citations, references and all

:bibliahh:

my comments are in response to other statements not talking to myself amber

9 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

THIS is the movie people say is the BEST SEQUEL? :bibliahh:

yeah the cops were the worst part hands down

8 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The Scream 4 stans and the Scream 5 stans arguing over which sequel was shittier :bibliahh:

we're not doing that but arguing why the other was better lol

8 hours ago, MJHolland said:

No sequel comes close to SCREAM

the original > the sequels :rofl:

although they are all entertaining/good.

scream itself is a parody :rip: what’s your favorite scary movie? 
You must be new if you take it seriously.

im not hyped for the new movie but will still be fun to watch a scream movie in theaters! 

it's meant to be a horror movie about horror movies not a parody. 

5 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

I mean as I said, I think she's torn btw "it's my big comeback gig, and I can't be completely MIA vs I need to grieve, I lost my brother, the healthiest for me is to take time off"

or she could be throwing herself into work as a means to productively deal with the grief. the second the promo cycle is done she's definitely gonna go mia and it would be for the best. she also had a very public battle with post partum depression. the last thing i want is for her mental health to be triggered because she feels she's being forced to show face. 

4 hours ago, ebaby said:

there's things I think 4 does better than 5 and things 5 does better than 4.

for instance I think 5 had the better cast but also think Jill still clears Amber and Richie :kiss:

jill would've killed tara with ease lol also killed richie and amber and gotten away with her whole sidney cosplay delusion lol

3 hours ago, Wrecked said:

Does anybody else feel a bit emotional when a new Scream movie is coming out? I think it’s partly because it’s a franchise that just has so many positive memories attached to it for me, but also because I love the cast / characters and it’s actually so anxiety inducing having to see some of them get killed off. Normally horror characters are annoying AF, but they’re so likeable in Scream for the most part.

Can’t Scream 6 just be a sitcom? :ghostface:

i saw the first one with my cousins growing up and was scarred. seeing drew barrymore butchered the way that she was traumatized me. seeing shaggy be a psychopath. watching paige matthews not be able to orb out of the garage door :rip: also monica gellar being a complete *****. child me was overwhelmed lol scream 2 i saw on my own when it aired on fx i just remember once again being triggered again seeing another beloved icon of mine get killed aka smg in her iconic chase death scene. i saw s3 on tbs the very funny network and remember not feeling satisfied at all with what i saw. 4 was the first scream i saw in theaters and seeing a bunch of starlets from 90210, PLL, THE SECRET CIRCLE, VERONICA MARS, TRUE BLOOD, FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, HEROES get gutted left and right was alot. I also remember the collective gag and gasps when Emma Roberts revealed herself to be the killer a pre surprise ***** moment

Rewatched the first one and

they make it so obvious that Billy is one of the killers 

:dies:

but i'll say they make a better job at making Dewey look suspicious than Stu, Dewey has some really creepy/weird moments throught the first movie :toofunny2:

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

sidney campbell is one thee final girl staple essentials. let's not rewrite history. also scream literally makes a huge majority of her film shares. 

Quite literally only Laurie  is above Sidney in terms of being an iconic final girl. There’s not even a close third place. 

9 minutes ago, 45seconds said:

Quite literally only Laurie  is above Sidney in terms of being an iconic final girl. There’s not even a close third place. 

What's iconic about Laurie? Screaming and crying like a baby? She got lucky like... 1000 times. Sidney was a fighter, a badass. She's the #1

4 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

What's iconic about Laurie? Screaming and crying like a baby? She got lucky like... 1000 times. Sidney was a fighter, a badass. She's the #1

She’s iconic bc she’s the OG

5 hours ago, Tiziano's Boy said:

Anyone ever went to a 4DX screening before? I'm gonna take my best friend with me, although I'm going to go with him after I've seen it with my family first, I can get his ticket for free as its to do with my CEA Card, meaning he gets to go free as he's my companion as he will need to help me around the cinema if there's fire for example, I'm Sight Impaired, so I have a certificate to show it.

Yes 4DX actually made S5 an incredible experience, you might be able to find my other posts in this thread being weirdly ranty and obsessive with 4DX, my country is only showing 6 in 4DX for one day (Wednesday premiere day) and you best believe I made friends change their plans to MAKE IT WORK, wouldn't watch it any other way, it's like watching the movie on a kiddy rollercoaster that moves based on what's happening in the movie 

4 hours ago, Chris said:

This isn't like any other Ghostface.....

thIs isN't LiKe AnY OThER GHOStFAce

screaming, my friend hates scream generally and she had a blast with how much they've said this both for 5 and 6, I found it a tad stupid too :skull: but would have worked better if 5 wasn't all like "something just feels different about this one" like...we get it, another friend who's main criticism with the franchise is the sequels being too similar to one another had a field day too after 5 being the same formula again after that tagline 

4 hours ago, Attitude said:

I think they only have 4DX screenings for 3D showings? If you're vision impaired I don't think that will be an enjoyable experience. 

Nope, there are 4DX screenings with 3D generally but it's a much rarer occurrence than 2D 4DX showings, as far as I'm aware both S5 and S6 only show in 2D 4DX and the 3D option for 6 is without 4DX

OT 

I was bored so was gonna catch up on this thread but I see y'all are mentioning the report and ignore button so I'm gonna head out and share my thoughts on Wednesday :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.