• judasmonster

• mar

• DoubleRainbow!

Not the ending sounding like the Stranger Things theme song 

but I'm sat!

Hopefully the music slays and matches the visuals 

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot this is coming out today

Welp this has been her backlash era so far but I hope it gathers more attention for the album since I have liked all the singles :ryan3:

Edited by BrokenMachine
  • Confused 1

i havent been keeping up lately but im not sure why her instagram comments are full of hate? the visuals look great and the music has been amazing so far so im excited for the album

• Confused 1

The songs being 2:30 :rip:Hate her

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, judasmonster said:

i havent been keeping up lately but im not sure why her instagram comments are full of hate? the visuals look great and the music has been amazing so far so im excited for the album

She's going by Danna now and has rebranded her socials accordingly, but the twitter handle was already taken by another user. She used her whatsapp channel to tell her fans to try and convince the lady to give her the handle. Obviously her fan base went wild and started harassing the woman, threatening her with insults so she ended up going private on her twitter and instagram accounts. The lady said she had been approached before by Danna Paola's team trying to buy the handle, but she refused and since they were insisting so much, she asked for 400,000$ dollars (obviously she knew it was a crazy amount but she said it just so they would leave her alone). Danna Paola apologized and ended up going by another twitter handle, but complained about it on her whatsapp channel again and her fans still were harassing the woman, so she apologized for a second time. I think that's when it sort of died down but yeah, she's not in good graces right now :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

idk how this will turn out after being canceled by Mexico (her main market) :rip:

but I'm perched

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ParisTexas said:

She's going by Danna now and has rebranded her socials accordingly, but the twitter handle was already taken by another user. She used her whatsapp channel to tell her fans to try and convince the lady to give her the handle. Obviously her fan base went wild and started harassing the woman, threatening her with insults so she ended up going private on her twitter and instagram accounts. The lady said she had been approached before by Danna Paola's team trying to buy the handle, but she refused and since they were insisting so much, she asked for 400,000$ dollars (obviously she knew it was a crazy amount but she said it just so they would leave her alone). Danna Paola apologized and ended up going by another twitter handle, but complained about it on her whatsapp channel again and her fans still were harassing the woman, so she apologized for a second time. I think that's when it sort of died down but yeah, she's not in good graces right now :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

idk how this will turn out after being canceled by Mexico (her main market) :rip:

but I'm perched

Is this why she has been canceled by Mexico or something else, too? I can't help but to laugh because when you said she had been canceled i thought it was something more sinister than THAT LOL.

Well this was very underwhelming. 

Where are the bops? Where are the hits? Where are the melodies?

"ATARI" sounded very promising when she performed it live but the album

version is very bland, it lacks a punch. 

I love her to death, she is very talented and the three first singles are some of her best songs ever but this album feels very undercooked. I haven't seen the credits but it looks like she needed someone who knew what they were doing in that whole process. She wanted to deliver concept but I don't think she delivered. 

i wanted to love this so bad. 

I feel like the standout tracks are Blackout, Atari, VTR3 and Amanecer for me on first listen, but the rest I need more time with it. Kinda underwhelmed at first listen.

2 hours ago, Mellark said:

I feel like the standout tracks are Blackout, Atari, VTR3 and Amanecer for me on first listen, but the rest I need more time with it. Kinda underwhelmed at first listen.

Same! My standouts are Amor ácido and VTR3.

Love the concept and sound of the album, for the first time she made a record and not a playlist of singles following the trends! Maybe 1 or 2 skips but a great move in the right direction

• ATRL Moderator

Bopping to 1TRAGO and 222 :jonnycat:

I like the album overall and I appreciate she's trying to stick to a concept and sound overall. Some of the times it feels like she's trying too hard to be a "Gay Icon" and it comes off a bit desperate.

XT4SIS & ATARI were my standout tracks. However, I'd say the album as a whole is quite solid. It's probably her best overall album (mostly since her other releases were basically playlists of whatever sounds where popular at the time)

ATARI is clearly a standout. I read comments about it lacking a certain punch but I love that breathy airy tone.

Edited by Dan Leonelli

Nice to hear Danna in other type of rhythms like electro and I didn't miss her pop/urban/reggaetón songs, so it's a solid album.

My favorites tracks beside the singles are ATARI, PLATONIK, AMOR ÁCIDO and AMANECER (I loved the slow track with her voice, so romantic)

Edited by gui_eda

This is actually a pretty solid album! It'll grow on me with more replays. It's nice to hear a Latin pop album without generic reggaeton beats :clap3:

These are bops

On 4/11/2024 at 11:55 AM, Musicmajor said:

Is this why she has been canceled by Mexico or something else, too? I can't help but to laugh because when you said she had been canceled i thought it was something more sinister than THAT LOL.

Well, almost the same happened to Demi during Froyogate, an absurd situation that made everyone turn against them :redface:

The backlash consists in people saying Danna took the diva/bully persona from Elite too far by sending her fans to harass an innocent woman who said no to her several times. And the way Danna justified herself just made her seem more out of touch and even as a liar so no one forgave her :fan2:

23 hours ago, JDC said:

Love the concept and sound of the album, for the first time she made a record and not a playlist of singles following the trends! Maybe 1 or 2 skips but a great move in the right direction

Same, I appreciate it. Can't believe this is just the first time in her career that she has done that, the wait was way too long :gaycat6:

The album feels solid to me overall, it's just great song after great song. Having said that, I didn't feel standouts or highlights from it, aside from TQH and XT4S1S which I still love so much. Amanecer and Amor Acido are the new ones I liked the most

On 4/11/2024 at 5:31 PM, rta1913 said:

I love her to death, she is very talented and the three first singles are some of her best songs ever but this album feels very undercooked. I haven't seen the credits but it looks like she needed someone who knew what they were doing in that whole process. She wanted to deliver concept but I don't think she delivered.

I feel like the songs are great, but it wasn't worth the 2 year wait, like, they could have released this back in late 2022 when XT4S1S was smashing.

The trailer, the cover and the title gave me hope that this would be a great concept album, but the concept just wasn't there. Good songs? Yeah. Cohesion between those songs and the era aesthetics? Nope

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.