Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

6 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I still don't get how people can possibly dislike Houdini extended btw? What on earth :deadbanana2:

Tbf when I first listened to it I thought it was her worst mixed song ever and ruined the song but then I saw its brilliance for simply being another version of Houdini rather than just an extended one. The breakdown is so different but still so triumphant, one of her biggest growers ever imo

• Like 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

there's only 11 tracks- which one you guys think she dropping from now until album release?

1 hour ago, mike_int said:

The 2:21 one is giving me internal rage already LOL

Like, add one chorus or extend the intro or outro but 2:21 on 11 tracks album cardi b GIF

Exactly. Thank god they're giving us extended versions at least which are far superior and not rushed. 

8 reactions, 8 new hetero listeners, in 20 mins. 

Doing more promo to the relevant market than the vacationist ever will.

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

T6XolPj.png

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Tbf when I first listened to it I thought it was her worst mixed song ever and ruined the song but then I saw its brilliance for simply being another version of Houdini rather than just an extended one. The breakdown is so different but still so triumphant, one of her biggest growers ever imo

What's even that different from the og tho? Mixing wise, not the breakdown and new verse obvs

5 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

What's even that different from the og tho? Mixing wise, not the breakdown and new verse obvs

Not OP but I miss the muffled intro from the original. The bassline is cool but...

1 minute ago, RadioactiveLights said:

Not OP but I miss the muffled intro from the original. The bassline is cool but...

Definitely get that - I was originally bummed that and the "ok" were left out. But I like the extended version allowing the song to build from the bottom up vs. just starting with every instrumentation line already playing like the og version 

That plus the added instrumentation in the third chorus before the breakdown, which helps the song grow (vs. copy and paste from og)

• Like 1

In a perfect world KP would've given her one of the most perfect instrumentals every crafted tenchi-arick.gif

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

A lot of her vocals feel more muted and they're barely present in the breakdown imo, first time listening to it felt off because I got so used to her vocals, but I love the edit because of it now cause it feels like a diff song almost. I think Houdini extended mix feels the most like a different song whereas illusion and TS extended mixes are exactly as the name entails, an extended mix and nothing more

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

8 reactions, 8 new hetero listeners, in 20 mins. 

Doing more promo to the relevant market than the vacationist ever will.

T6XolPj.png

You better drag KishiSH*To :clap3: 

I think Illusion might be her most infectious song ever. I can't stop saying "oooh it's amusing”‘over and over in my head :rip: 

• Like 1

I NEED THIS ALBUM LIKE NOWWWWWWW :WAP:

Houdini 9.5/10
Training Season (extended) 8.5 / 10
Illusion 10/10

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I still don't get how people can possibly dislike Houdini extended btw? What on earth :deadbanana2:

It doesn't add anything, tbh none of the extended's do

DSN Live in LA will never be touched I fear

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Houdini 11/10

Training Season 10/10 (the Brits Live Audio is 11/10 for me tho)

Illusion 6.5/10

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

In a perfect world KP would've given her one of the most perfect instrumentals every crafted tenchi-arick.gif

The way this is literally an absolute masterpiece, the last 30 seconds must be some of the most captivating synthpop instrumentations of all time. What a shame Gaga didn't do it justice. Even bigger shame nothing from Radical Optimism comes even close to this production

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

A lot of her vocals feel more muted and they're barely present in the breakdown imo, first time listening to it felt off because I got so used to her vocals, but I love the edit because of it now cause it feels like a diff song almost. I think Houdini extended mix feels the most like a different song whereas illusion and TS extended mixes are exactly as the name entails, an extended mix and nothing more

I don't hear that personally. I also feel like the vocals are too quiet in the breakdown in general, OG version too

i don't understand how can anyone not love this song, its pure joy and bliss

• Thanks 2

On first listen-

10/10 Houdini

8/10 Training Season

9/10 Illusion

The quality! :clap3:

Edited by CottageHore
  • Like 1

• Like 2

i love dua and i was super excited for this era and i'm still curious to hear the album but i agree w most people saying that something feels off. the songs aren't distinctive enough from FN but the biggest issue is that they aren't even as good as them. they're good/decent tracks but i feel like they're missing an extra punch. I also feel like visuals are not super inviting or compelling. I hope this is a success for her and it turns out to be a long term/slow burner smash tho. she's clearly a very dedicated pop artist.

• Like 1

Houdini instrumental beats Perfect Delusion's instrumental by MILES. Bffr :deadbanana2:

Anyways:

Houdini 10/10

Training Season 9/10

Illusion 9/10

spacer.png

In before they extend this era all the way into 2025 and we get 8 singles charting on Global Spotify

spacer.png

People coming around to Hitdini (Extended Grammy Winning Version). I knew this day would come

spacer.png

fad nostalgia wishes she had the melodies of radical grammys

• Like 7

So I heard this site is switching now that Houdini "is a hit". What are the stats on this? I said from day one Houdini was gonna smash down the line :khalyan2:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

fad nostalgia wishes she had the melodies of radical grammys

Exactly thiz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.