Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

3 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Whatchu Doing featuring Doja Cat is RIGHT THERE and some of us have been saying this for weeks :doc:

Daddy Lipa if you're reading this, DO YOUR JOB, do that challenge :foxaylove3:

Yall need to stop with this BS. First of all Doja is a neo-nazi and we don't need a much worse DaBaby situation. Second of all Doja lost all her "chart power". None of her re-release songs even charted on Spotify top 200 and she got lucky with PTTR on Tiki Toki.

• Haha 3

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Your argument loses credibility the second you compare Dua or RO to Ava max. Come on now :skull:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

"Another one, thank you!"

They reaaaaaally had faith in Illusion, didn't they?! :gaycat5:

Dua uses the instrumental intro of Espresso on her recent IG Story for Service95.

Just plain usage of Sabrina's song or is she giving a hint of a possible collab? Hmmm

10 hours ago, GAGALIPA said:

Dua uses the instrumental intro of Espresso on her recent IG Story for Service95.

Just plain usage of Sabrina's song or is she giving a hint of a possible collab? Hmmm

Duki doesn't follow Sabrina, so I doubt it but both Duki and Bizarrap followed each other back last year (there were rumours of them collabing as well)….

Don't Start Now is now higher than any RO singles on Spotify WW nnnnnnn

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

TS is getting ready to leave the chart @Post Malone

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

• Haha 5

On 8/1/2024 at 5:01 AM, Nefertiti0 said:

It's been four months. Why :tornado:???

She kinda deserves to get snubbed by Grammys, her team only wants money and does not want her to evolve as an artist. Charli having bigger era is embarrassing even after having less resources and promotion. Von Dutch didn't pop off but they focused on album as a whole whereas Dua went all in for Houdini and that's it….

• Like 2

We need a collab ASAP… like Training Season is gonna be OUT of the global Spotify chart in about a week or two and then it's gonna be crickets until the tour starts…

DL4 NEEDS to be a 2026 release. No ifs and butts about it.

• Haha 1

is it only me or End Of An Era now comes on autoplay on Spotify?

Oh my God when is she gonna announce the tour?!?! I really don't want to go to ACL just to see her. 

On 8/1/2024 at 3:16 AM, blondeskinnyrich said:

That's a little bit too harsh... She played safe, yeah, but it doesn't automatically mean the album is bad. It's just not as exciting as we hoped it would be. Comparing her to Ava is a crime :skull:

Is it? This album is much worse than both Ava albums IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I hope she kept AT LEAST ONE track with Parker for the deluxe. I want the deluxe bonus tracks to fit the sound of the original album. Even though I love Fever or We're Good, I don't want bonus tracks that are total outsiders to the standard version like those two with FN.

I feel like with next era, Warner Bros / her dad will want her to work more with American producer / American sound (maybe more urban?)

IMO that would be a wrong move. Dua's success will be always a bit limited in US given that her main genre is Euro dance. Instead of replicating Future Nostalgia, they should accept it was the right album at the right time. They should make the next album even more European and temporarily ditch US market. 

Even in UK the album underperformed. As of this week, Radical Optimism is #35 at UK, while Dua Lipa (album) is #49 and Future Nostalgia is #76. Give it a month or two, and RO will be below both albums. She needs to win back the UK and Europe as their biggest pop girl.

9 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I feel like with next era, Warner Bros / her dad will want her to work more with American producer / American sound (maybe more urban?)

IMO that would be a wrong move. Dua's success will be always a bit limited in US given that her main genre is Euro dance. Instead of replicating Future Nostalgia, they should accept it was the right album at the right time. They should make the next album even more European and temporarily ditch US market. 

Even in UK the album underperformed. As of this week, Radical Optimism is #35 at UK, while Dua Lipa (album) is #49 and Future Nostalgia is #76. Give it a month or two, and RO will be below both albums. She needs to win back the UK and Europe as their biggest pop girl.

We been saying this a lot but an urban dance pop sound (Loose, Greedy) would be perfect for her and cover both the US and Europe

7 hours ago, collin said:

Is it? This album is much worse than both Ava albums IMO.

D&D is def more punchy than the mellow background fade RO serves

My fav summer album 

she made a classy sophisticated pop album for the cocktails at brunch gays when everyone turned to making trashy indie sleaze revival music…she deserved better :WAP:

19 minutes ago, reymiu said:

I don't know if American producers.... but Warner will definitely have more say in the next era. They gave her freedom this one, and she/her team used it to basically deliver underwhelming era. I hope Dua now realises that the success of DL and FN wasn't just her but all the hard work her team did back then. 

Honestly it's pretty clear RO was rushed af. It's centered around Houdini and TS and the rest serve as great gowns, beautiful gowns. Like, the differnce of details, layers and quality between H & TS and the rest is too stark.

I think they were hoping that Houdini and TS would become big enough and carry the era so that they could get away with delivering a meh overall project with RO. 

Someone said this is her Harry's House minus the mega smasha and it's pretty spot on. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, katara said:

We been saying this a lot but an urban dance pop sound (Loose, Greedy) would be perfect for her and cover both the US and Europe

Dua sounds pretty bland on both Pop Smoke & Megan Thee Stallion songs though. Based on these 2, I don't think she would pull off urban - which is exactly why I hope she doesn't try this sound

2 minutes ago, reymiu said:

Dua sounds pretty bland on both Pop Smoke & Megan Thee Stallion songs though. Based on these 2, I don't think she would pull off urban - which is exactly why I hope she doesn't try this sound

Well it's coz those 2 songs just suck LOL and are nowhere near what she could do with the sound. She would murder on songs like Say It Right or Maneater. 

Yall need to let the "mid/late-00s Nelly Furtado'd and Timbaland/Danja'd productions" theories and wishes die tbh. They were already too much with DL3 and we don't need to go through it again for DL4. :skull: Dua doesn't need to pander to the US audiences. Future Nostalgia wasn't necessarily what the US likes but she was one of the artists that led the disco/80s synthpop revival.

She just needs to make something stronger that would click with people outside of her core listeners. She's not in a terrible position and she's still able to sellout live shows in minutes. The "flop" went unnoticed because the album isn't offensively bad and she doesn't have any controversies/bad press. As long as she doesn't wait another 4 years to drop an album, she'll be more than fine.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the exact quote, but I remember some reliable user  on Popjustice last year saying that Warner wasn't quite satisfied with the "psychedelic" tracks from RO. I wonder if they were referring to Houdini/Training Season lol. Those Nov 2022 sessions were truly fire huh? What she needed to do is go harder with the psychedelics if anything. The album is still pretty much on repeat for me, but those two really stick out compared to the rest. And no, the producers aren't the ones to blame because it was her own vision. The other songs are immaculately produced too.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Yall need to let the "mid/late-00s Nelly Furtado'd and Timbaland/Danja'd productions" theories and wishes die tbh. They were already too much with DL3 and we don't need to go through it again for DL4. :skull: Dua doesn't need to pander to the US audiences. Future Nostalgia wasn't necessarily what the US likes but she was one of the artists that led the disco/80s synthpop revival.

She just needs to make something stronger that would click with people outside of her core listeners. She's not in a terrible position and she's still able to sellout live shows in minutes. The "flop" went unnoticed because the album isn't offensively bad and she doesn't have any controversies/bad press. As long as she doesn't wait another 4 years to drop an album, she'll be more than fine.

Also, I'm too lazy to find the exact quote, but I remember some reliable user  on Popjustice last year saying that Warner wasn't quite satisfied with the "psychedelic" tracks from RO. I wonder if they were referring to Houdini/Training Season lol. Those Nov 2022 sessions were truly fire huh? What she needed to do is go harder with the psychedelics if anything. The album is still pretty much on repeat for me, but those two really stick out compared to the rest. And no, the producers aren't the ones to blame because it was her own vision. The other songs are immaculately produced too.

Very well said, SOGgy :clap3:

I really wonder what the deluxe treatment will be... They'll surely release one to revitalize the era, but will it be originally planned outtakes? RO Outtakes but Repurposed to fit the "psychedelic" vibe? Or Newly recorded tracks altogether? 

There's no way they'll bother releasing more flop-RO-sounding songs, so I think it'll either be more hit-intended stuff, or more psychedelic stuff -- if they paid attention to what fans liked vs. Didn't. I really do think it depends on how intently they listened to the album reception

FN's deluxe was kinda a grabbag of some FN-esque songs, some sonically different songs that they just seemed to love... and then rancid NMP.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.