ZAYN - 'ROOM UNDER THE STAIRS'

kyliefever2002

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Talentonly said:

Zayn has a million fans on Twitter and ATRL. They show up when it is time to attack another artist (like Harry). It's funny how those fans never listen to his music.

I was curious and after a little search on the internet + streaming platforms it seems that the majority of his fan base is in the Middle East (lol). It even seems like Universal is pushing this release in India, something they don't do with other artists. If anyone is from those parts, could you confirm? Now I'm more curious about this.:duck: 

The ex-1d boys, apart from Harry, have a curious career because it seems that nobody is listening (lol) their music, but they still have demand for shows and more stuff, right now Louis T is doing a show in a stadium in my country :duck:

Edited by Papi Juancho

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• effy

• Movimento Perpétuo

• dirrtydiana

• Burn

Wow...I love country blues, and I really gave this album a chance, but this is just BAD bad. The first 6 songs are all very weak. People in here kept mentioning Stardust so I was curious about that one. And yes it's better than the first 6, but still not that good. I don't even know if it's worth it to give a chance to the back half of the album.

His previous 2 albums were so much better.

qbcI3sa.gif

11 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify (May 17) 3,993,858

1. Dreamin 360 071
2. What I Am 346 648
3. Grateful 287 513
4. Alienated 327 381
5. My Woman 261 538
6. How It Feels 243 710
7. Stardust 666 022
8. Gates Of Hell 207 398
9. Birds On A Cloud 205 252
10. Concrete Kisses 190 524
11. False Starts 210 881
12. The Time 180 042
13. Something In The Water 179 950
14. Shoot At Will 162 910
15. Fuchsia Sea 164 018

Yikes, this is really bad 😬 Even worse than I expected.

Oh, I hate this Album :( 

From the first listen I like grateful and something in the water. I need to listen more so that I get along with other songs. kinda like that he dropped an album like this. 

• Thanks 1

Birds on a Cloud and The Time as next singles please :duck:

Then new album next year :duck:

9 hours ago, Papi Juancho said:

I was curious and after a little search on the internet + streaming platforms it seems that the majority of his fan base is in the Middle East (lol). It even seems like Universal is pushing this release in India, something they don't do with other artists. If anyone is from those parts, could you confirm? Now I'm more curious about this.:duck: 

The ex-1d boys, apart from Harry, have a curious career because it seems that nobody is listening (lol) their music, but they still have demand for shows and more stuff, right now Louis T is doing a show in a stadium in my country :duck:

Louis' stadium show last night looked like this tho:

It's more of an arena audience shoved in a stadium. He doesn't have stadium demand. Arena demand is pretty huge tho, and it's curious because he only has 2.7m monthly listeners on Spotify. You'd think an arena is a pretty big deal for an artist that size. I think Zayn could also fill arenas in some places, despite the lackluster numbers.

I'm not sure what the reason for this is. It's definitely something I've wondered.

OT: I cannot finish listening to this album. I gave it a try and it's just not for me. Zayn has a very pretty voice and he did his best to promote this time around, but I don't think he's gonna go anywhere with this sound.

Yeah. This was a chore to get through. Near the end I could let about half the songs finish. Fuchsia Sea was the most intriguing song and it's the last and shortest song :sad: 

I'm happy for him as far as finding comfort in recording something like this but I ain't revisiting.

Spotify • day 2
2,460,993 (-1,532,865) [-38%]

1. Dreamin 195 864 -164 207
2. What I Am 226 970 -119 678
3. Grateful 157 993 -129 520
4. Alienated 221 735 -105 646
5. My Woman 152 620 -108 918
6. How It Feels 143 611 -100 099
7. Stardust 426 168 -239 854
8. Gates Of Hell 120 626 -86 772
9. Birds On A Cloud 125 479 -79 773
10. Concrete Kisses 112 998 -77 526
11. False Starts 140 374 -70 507
12. The Time 113 917 -66 125
13. Something In The Water 117 466 -62 484
14. Shoot At Will 102 144 -60 766
15. Fuchsia Sea 103 028 -60 990

NGL - I don't see him topping Mind Of Mine - He really BODIED that album - and it was forward thinking...I miss him

17 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

I don't use any of his 4 lead singles tbh

pillowtalk is a great song, please! let me is also good. better was nice as well but it wasn't strong enough to be the lead single

Posted (edited)

finally finished it

cant help but notice his lack of writing credits

he sounds amazayn of course. i didn't hate it, but there wasn't much in it for me to come back to except something in the water, stardust, shoot at wil and maybe false starts 

i am very happy he's evolving and venturing into these different sounds and that he's winning his battle against anxiety 

i will forever support him solely on his sheer talent and will always look forward to what he makes 

:celestial4:

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, blastoisebaby said:

NGL - I don't see him topping Mind Of Mine - He really BODIED that album - and it was forward thinking...I miss him

Objectively he went harder on Icarus but people are turned away or intimidated by there being 30+ tracks. if we remove the filler it's definitely a better album than MoM imo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, effy said:

pillowtalk is a great song, please! let me is also good. better was nice as well but it wasn't strong enough to be the lead single

I loathe pillowtalk with a passion. haven't touched it since 2016. sooo much better songs in the album and with the massive hype he had anything would've been #1 (rear view, boarders, she don't love me, she, locazade, take it off) but I see why it was chosen as the lead 

IF is full of amazing songs too all better than let me

better is probably the one I hate the least from the leads but it should've been sweat

Edited by dirrtydiana

14 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

cant help but notice his lack of writing credits

But this isn't true at all.

1 hour ago, TheFireLexus said:

But this isn't true at all.

I only saw him as a writer on the lead single, fuscia sea, and the few other ones I liked the most. Maybe AM is lying to me 

30 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

I only saw him as a writer on the lead single, fuscia sea, and the few other ones I liked the most. Maybe AM is lying to me 

he wrote all the tracks in the album except for stardust and false starts

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

I loathe pillowtalk with a passion. haven't touched it since 2016. sooo much better songs in the album and with the massive hype he had anything would've been #1 (rear view, boarders, she don't love me, she, locazade, take it off) but I see why it was chosen as the lead 

IF is full of amazing songs too all better than let me

better is probably the one I hate the least from the leads but it should've been sweat

icarus is my favorite album so i get u, ppl were just turned off by the length but there are so many gorgeous tracks in there. it didn't help that zayn paid it dust, even NIL got more promo than icarus.

re: pillowtalk, it was the perfect debut song for him. and yes, sweat deserved to be a single, it's the standout in NIL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, effy said:

he wrote all the tracks in the album except for stardust and false starts

Wow Apple Music did me dirty. He's even under his real spelling of Zain on some of them and Zayn on others lol

2 hours ago, effy said:

icarus is my favorite album so i get u, ppl were just turned off by the length but there are so many gorgeous tracks in there. it didn't help that zayn paid it dust, even NIL got more promo than icarus.

re: pillowtalk, it was the perfect debut song for him. and yes, sweat deserved to be a single, it's the standout in NIL.

yea :weeps: I wish he had felt this comfortable promoting for that material but a las we cannot mandate these things. Plus this new album gives me hope for the future!

• Like 1

Floppiest release of the  year :razzle:

Was this even promoted in any way before release? It feels like it just suddenly appeared out of nowhere…

I kinda enjoyed it as a background listen, very laid back both in a good and a bad way because even though nothing is outright bad on the album, nothing really stood out to me either. :michael:

Hopefully the bad numbers won't discourage him to still promote it and keep pushing it

• Thanks 1

I liked the Stardust song.

I'll check the album to see if it's good.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RT Air said:

Was this even promoted in any way before release? It feels like it just suddenly appeared out of nowhere…

He actually promoted it quite a lot. He went to The Kelly Clarkson Show, appeared on Jimmy Fallon, had several interviews (Zach Sang, Zane Lowe...), magazine covers, listening parties... And now, after release, he has album signings, meet&greets... He even played a one night only type of concert in London.

Edited by LittleFreak

Mind of Mine and Icarus Falls remain his best albums :alexz:

This was just okay. Definitely his weakest project imo. But makes for good background music yuh yuh 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.