Jennifer Lopez f/ (G)I-DLE - "This Time Around"

chicchick336

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

Is this the official choreography ? @Dabbyy

So I loved the Apple Music concert, but thought the performances for This Time Around and Rebound translated the songs terribly.

This Time Around is in the wrong key and the choreo was boring AF. Rebound she was just standing there, while she should’ve been doing the bungee rope choreo with the dancers while singing. Now that would’ve been fire!

Really curious to find out if the remix to This Time Around keeps the original sound or if it’s something completely new!

• Like 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• MusicIsMyMaster

• Mokichi

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

So I loved the Apple Music concert, but thought the performances for This Time Around and Rebound translated the songs terribly.

This Time Around is in the wrong key and the choreo was boring AF. Rebound she was just standing there, while she should’ve been doing the bungee rope choreo with the dancers while singing. Now that would’ve been fire!

Really curious to find out if the remix to This Time Around keeps the original sound or if it’s something completely new!

In the wrong key? You mean vocally? Wasn't she signing live? You also have to remember she threw together the live album at the last minute so she probably was limited between everything else that she has going on to put that together. Cut her some slack!

2 hours ago, insomniac said:

Also JLo ain't no Pink you can't expect her to perform Rebound with that particular choreography and sing live 

22 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

In the wrong key? You mean vocally? Wasn't she signing live? You also have to remember she threw together the live album at the last minute so she probably was limited between everything else that she has going on to put that together. Cut her some slack!

Wrong as in “the key they decided on for the studio pre-recorded vocals” to This Time Around was a choice that isn’t as pleasant to the ears as the album version. Putting those next to each other they decided to do the live version in a strange key. 

23 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Also JLo ain't no Pink you can't expect her to perform Rebound with that particular choreography and sing live 

Rebound was also a pre-recorded studio vocal (except for the bridge part that she doubles), so she could’ve easily done choreo while lipping to the pre-recorded vocals.

24 minutes ago, insomniac said:

Wrong as in “the key they decided on for the studio pre-recorded vocals” to This Time Around was a choice that isn’t as pleasant to the ears as the album version. Putting those next to each other they decided to do the live version in a strange key. 

Rebound was also a pre-recorded studio vocal (except for the bridge part that she doubles), so she could’ve easily done choreo while lipping to the pre-recorded vocals.

To me it's live, you can hear her breathe but you are her biggest hater so I'm not waiting for you to argue.

However you are in this video enjoying in the first row next to Divo, so next time tell her this to her face. :coffee2:

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Yudelkis said:

To me it's live, you can hear her breathe but you are her biggest hater so I'm not waiting for you to argue.

However you are in this video enjoying in the first row next to Divo, so next time tell her this to her face. :coffee2:

Lol, I’m her biggest hater? Are you ok?

I wasn’t even at the concert. What the hell are you on about :rip:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mokichi said:

in a perfect world jlo would serve us her very own SUPER LADY

17 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

omg jlo’s queencard is coming :WAP:

we jlovers would only wish for such a thing

17 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

@Mokichi Thanks, Blackpink was a better choice I guess?!

But I can see their voices doing a great job on This Time Around. :heart2:

that's gonna be saved for shakira when she drops origami featuring them

17 hours ago, rhaenyra said:

Wish it was JLo ft. Miyeon and Minnie instead :michael:

soyeon should produce for jlo that way we could get modern dancefloor diva jlo back

16 hours ago, queenoftheclouds said:

When will we get Rebound feat Mariah Carey?

here we go, why even bring her up in this thread

16 hours ago, queenoftheclouds said:

That would be cute but Jennifer slays that Song Already. What can Mariah add to that?

whistle tones

15 hours ago, insomniac said:

She was on holiday in Japan with her twins around album release week. 2 weeks before that, (G)I-DLE’s “Super Lady” music video dropped. K-Pop is very popular there. Perhaps she saw their music video all over and asked Benny “Can you get them to collab with me?” :fan:

honestly if she was smart she'd get into contact with kpop writing and producing camps to serve us a LOVE 2.0, J-POP if you will. they don't really use the album format and jlo can still drop bangers with b sides and what not with minis or whatever and also budget properly to give us stellar videos

14 hours ago, moech said:

oh snap . this is so random . K-POP -LO wow 

J-POP

14 hours ago, moech said:

just heard QUEENCARDS . a bop . 

check out their whole discography they're kind of like the pussycat dolls of korea

14 hours ago, DuffStan said:

They better add it to the Deluxe so the streams push the record. Jason Derulo stays winning too I see.

what does jason derulo have to do with anything lol

13 hours ago, Maroonx said:

what a terrible choice.

Rebound and Midnight Trip to Vegas are better x

rebound already has annuel aa remix and midnight trip to vegas NEEDS to stay alone

12 hours ago, zach said:

When she gives us a full remix album of This Is Me...Now like Mariah had planned for Memoirs back in the day :jonny5:

i'd rather her use her own money to buy and release POR PRIMERA VEZ officially

12 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

- Cant Get Enough (Remix) with Redman & Latto

- Rebound (Remix) (feat. Anuel AA)

This Time Around (Remix) (feat. (G)I-DLE)

A remix + features album would be AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

:falcon:

a rarities compilation with loubitons and other droplets all on one album along with material from the vault would be great

12 hours ago, insomniac said:

Here for it @zach. She can even put that unreleased I’m Glad remix on it that she teased last year (see below) and the unreleased Arabian remix of Loving You (also from This Is Me… Then). Maybe some totally new songs like she did for J-to-tha-L-O! The Remixes album.

a STILL FROM DA BLOCK COMPILATIONS OF REMIXES AND B SIDES get it JENNY!

12 hours ago, insomniac said:

And have Hex Hector and Metro come back to do some remixes for her  :WAP::flame: 

Should be called J 2 the L-O! The Remixes vs. The Reel Me! 

this is cute concept too

11 hours ago, the good guy_duh said:

Let's appreciate the OG girl group x JLo collab that we got robbed of :chick3:

jlo should've kept this for herself and released it solo

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Why would Soyeon collab would Jennifer Lopez? Soyeon has more talent in her little pinky than JLo 

yeah cause LEGGO I FEARLESS WE HERE TO TAKE WIN

10 hours ago, zach said:

I really wish she had done J to tha L-O 2 back in 09/10 and included Louboutins and Fresh Out the Oven.

I get fresh out the oven being paid dust but louboutins is a jlo classic and didn't deserve to be scrapped or scrubbed

4 hours ago, insomniac said:

yeha i figured some vocals were pre recorded but you're making it seem like as if the whole concert was... she wouldnt be able to do the kind of choreo that you want from her and still sing live is the point im trying to make

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

a STILL FROM DA BLOCK COMPILATIONS OF REMIXES AND B SIDES get it JENNY!

this is cute concept too

jlo should've kept this for herself and released it solo

yeah cause LEGGO I FEARLESS WE HERE TO TAKE WIN

I get fresh out the oven being paid dust but louboutins is a jlo classic and didn't deserve to be scrapped or scrubbed

At least Soyeon writes and produces her music nor does she use Ashanti's vocals

honestly yall here me out: Jennifer would benefit immensely from the kpop formula moving forward. Proper videos. With budget, looks, choreo etc. Dance practice videos. Not having to put out albums but treating each droplets like as if it was an era. Theirs actually plenty of k-pop songs with Latin vibes that she could slay for herself. Imagine Jennifer with songs like

baila conmigo by oneus

chica, play, dream of you, demente, stay tonight, 

bibi vengeance by bibi

unforgiven, fire in the belly, eve psyche and the bluebeards wife by les serrafim

fast forward by jeon somi

i want that, eyes roll, latata, senorita, super lady by g-idle

untie by viviz

ringo, loco, born to be by itzy

eat you up, i did it for love by boa 

bomba by kai

closer by jihyo

dimelo, hola hola by kard

free somebody by luna

icons by hot issue

loco, queen by 3YE

presente by 777

snake by medusa

ugh the collapse

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Josh said:

At least Soyeon writes and produces her music nor does she use Ashanti's vocals

jlo can and has written and does produce to. bro this ******* narrative again. she consented, was credited and paid and is friends with jlo. who's vocals are also on the song. enough. at this point jlo's gonna have to re-record her **** so ya can stfu

What a pleasant surprise, I’m HERE for it :duca:

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

:ducky: so this is coming on friday 

Random but exciting :duca:

Waiting :duca:

7 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

what does jason derulo have to do with anything lol

He co-wrote the song sis, you can spot him in the studio with Jenny in the documentary.

Edited by DuffStan

Woah, totally unexpected.  !! Interested 

3 hours ago, DuffStan said:

He co-wrote the song sis, you can spot him in the studio with Jenny in the documentary.

yeah and they collabed a long time ago on a Matoma record

They are coming  :ghostface:

The way (G)I-DLE were also low key serving JLo with their latest song :ghostface:

maxresdefault.jpg

afb90b720a7913b4afe2f92289b79ec2.jpg6a6871cf5515f155a5e4b384427a42a3.jpg

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 1

As both a JLo stan and a Kpop stan, this is kinda overwhelming and unreal :ghostface:Cause I never would've had guessed that JLegend would have a crossover moment with a Kpop group tbh :jonny3:

(G)I-DLE are btw one of the biggest Kpop acts in the industry right now. Stream this bop :clap3:

Edited by Pluto6
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

As both a JLo stan and a Kpop stan, this is kinda overwhelming and unreal :ghostface:Cause I never would've had guessed that JLegend would have a crossover moment with a Kpop group tbh :jonny3:

(G)I-DLE are btw one of the biggest Kpop acts in the industry right now. Stream this bop :clap3:

I am so happy you get to have this moment! :heart:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.