Are we actually living under Fascist rule?

brraap

Tonight whilst the Oscars is happening people are protesting for Palestine. The NYPD has been deployed to break up these marches 

Across the pond other tactics are being deployed, such as straight up deporting people who don’t agree with the PM’s views 

The definition of Fascism :

Experts disagree about the exact meaning of the term fascism. However, the governments that have been called fascist in the past had certain characteristics in common.

Under these governments, the people had few freedoms. They had no voice in the government. Instead, a strong leader controlled everything and became a symbol of the country. The leader built up the police force to punish people who disobeyed. The leader also built up the army and threatened other countries. The leader blamed minority groups for the country’s problems.

• Like 1

Two words; VOTE RED 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 12

3 minutes ago, brraap said:

Under these governments, the people had few freedoms. They had no voice in the government. Instead, a strong leader controlled everything and became a symbol of the country. The leader built up the police force to punish people who disobeyed. The leader also built up the army and threatened other countries. The leader blamed minority groups for the country’s problems.

sounds like ameriKKKa

Just now, Great808 said:

Two words; VOTE RED 

:rip: 

four words; VOTING WONT STOP FASCISM

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes, the US is becoming a police state in many ways and devolving into a proto-fascist society. 

1 hour ago, Great808 said:

Two words; VOTE RED 

The irony :rip: 

• Like 1

I mean no we still have freedom. 

• Haha 4

in a modern sense, yes.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yes, the US is becoming a police state in many ways and devolving into a proto-fascist society. 

every state is a ''police state'' 

the police is the state monopoly on violence realized, how else would the ruling class of each country defend itself against the people they rule over if not for the police?

• Like 2

The US has a lot of problems, racialized voter suppression being one of them, and a sordid history but calling the US a fascist state is absurd :rip: 

I get why you would *feel* it is a fascist state, but in it's current 2024 form, it's definitely *not* a fascist state.  As for the police arrests, I don't know why that happened and I feel bad for those protestors.  I would like to understand why these arrests were made.

Yes. American states and especially New York is a police state. Like the NYPD is meant to be a personal army for the wealthy elite in the NY. That applies for all other police precinct in major cities. In rural areas with sheriffs and police stations, not so much. 

Well I wouldn't exactly call a state that funds dictatorships overseas to sustain its own interests a flourishing democracy 

Do you still doubt? Around the world, the State increasingly has power over us and individual freedoms are slowly being usurped

What do you guys even know about living under the fascism :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.