UK earns second place for the most miserable country in the world

Horizon Flame

Not lower than Yemen :skull:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, The7thStranger said:

Don't worry, Britons. Gas and housing prices will get so much better once you've gotten rid of those pesky transwomen. :priceless:

Poor them. 

Their politicians are more worried about defending Israel and vilifying trans people than ensuring their people have food to eat. Sad.

15 hours ago, PillowCase said:

The really shocking thing is that Brazil also made the top 5. What gives? People there seem so happy and they have a lot of sunshine. 

Unfortunately, we have one of the highest income and wealth inequality in the world. Also, urban violence, homicide and r*pe numbers are pretty much high. Racism, homophobia, xenophobia, misogyny and transphobia have been rampant in the last years, due to the ressurgance and popularization of neonazism and extreme far-right politicians and groups. And the list goes on... :doc: ....so yeah, I'm not surprised that we are on the top 5

• Like 1

13 hours ago, *Tim said:

Not lower than Yemen :skull:

This list just shows how ungrateful some people in 1st world countries are. I am pretty sure if they were to spend just 1 day under the conditions that people in Yemen live, they would be much more appreciative of what they have

• Like 2

I used to visit the UK a lot and you could tell that their living standards has dropped a lot recently because most UK residents I spoke to complained a lot about wages, rent, property values, cost of living, the government, lack of public funding for anything, healthcare, massive rapid gentrification and so on.

The only ones I knew who didn’t complain were wealthy international students, but I feel like cities like London is almost exclusively catered to them and other wealthy internationals, so it makes sense :skull:

The UK is not the worst place to live in the world but there has been a massive drop in living standards, infrastructure and services so it's understandable why people are so unhappy. The bad weather and individualistic culture doesn't help either.

I blame JK Rowling for hoarding all the poundsterling coins 

Obviously the UK is not the second most miserable country in the world to live in, but British people as a whole are notoriously miserable. I've spent considerable time there and come from a British background and it's always alarming (and suffocating) to me the extent to which negativity is embraced there. To the point where positivity makes many Brits visibly uncomfortable.

There's this whole culture of 'stiff upper lip', 'don't make a spectacle of yourself' that really permeates the overall attitude there. It's beginning to shift because of younger people, and thank God for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.