Is The Celebration Tour a return to form for Madonna?

.Odyssey.

Watching this tour for the millionth time on YouTube...is this a bit of a comeback for Madonna (yes, yes, she's a legend, she doesn't need a comeback, etc.)?

It's got all of the ingredients of classic Madonna and is proof that she still can pull off a tour de force at 65. It's a greatest hits tour that doesn't at all feel like a retread and still feels cutting edge, even with it being a retrospective. It's Madonna introducing a unique formula to live shows again. It's Madonna at her most confident on stage since at least the Rebel Heart era. 

Yes, ***** I'm Madonna kinda brings the show from a 10/10 before that song to an 8/10 (the ending is THAT bad :rip:). But otherwise, is this a truly impressive feat for Madonna at this stage in her career?

For all of the Lil Madonsters that haven't had a chance to watch yet :gaycat1:

No :skull: 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

like in what way? even during bad album cycles tours were good and big. 

it's better than Madame X but isn't at the level Sticky + Sweet, MDNA, Rebel Heart were in my opinion

Well yes

it’s my favourite tour of hers this century

Edited by Janet
  • Haha 1

To be a return to form, she had to be out of it to begin with.

• Like 2

Absolutely. After all her instagram antics and horrific TikTok remixes of Material Girl and Hung Up I thought she had completely lost it and she was done. But this show is amazing. Emotional, high concept, executed to perfection, it's flawless and she looks great. And Popular is a great song (finally) and a hit. I'm actually excited for her next album instead of dreading it.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 4

Absolutely fuckin not. It should be called the embarrassment tour

tumblr_npvqyiy3ou1r7d5wro1_500.gif

Have you never seen her other tours? You need to

3Hz3h8O7862ImZcjlv.webp

We will not be playing along with obvious fiction.

Edited by Tudors
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

33 minutes ago, Tudors said:

Absolutely fuckin not. It should be called the embarrassment tour

tumblr_npvqyiy3ou1r7d5wro1_500.gif

Have you never seen her other tours? You need to

3Hz3h8O7862ImZcjlv.webp

We will not be playing along with obvious fiction.

:ahh: 

• Like 1

The usual running in here to spread their hate 

She has consistently been touring her entire career and every god damn show has been a SMASH.

She has more than proven that she is the QUEEN of touring. She completely reinvented and established what the modern tour is, and Taylor and Beyoncé and playing by her rulebook. Maybe P!no is the only pop girl of note breaking the normal concert barrier with her acrobatics. 

Madonna doesn't need to tour into her grave to prove that she's still got it. Comparing 30 year olds to 60 year olds is deeply weird and foolish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebaby said:

it's better than Madame X but isn't at the level Sticky + Sweet, MDNA, Rebel Heart were in my opinion

This is her best Live show since Sticky easier

While MDNA had cinematic moments it really was too cold of a show for a live audience and Rebel heart was not as creative

Yes 100% this is a return to form after so many questionable choices over the last 5/6 years

• Like 2

Honestly she never really fell out of form touring wise. Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X were not on the level as the peaks but she has never had a truly bad tour. Celebration is definitely in the top 4 in my opinion though, the show really is that good. Seeing it in person elevated it even higher than just seeing it on video and I even loved it there. 

Seeing my second show of the tour in a couple weeks, cannot wait to be with her again! 

Madame X wasn’t terrible. It’s just that she decided to do intimate theaters and then years of COVID began. 

I really love the MDNA tour yet I never attended it.

I’ve been to RH and I loved everything about it, considering my date got like 4-5 extra songs.

If this puta would have announced a date later for this tour, I would have gone but I just wasn’t able to afford it. The tickets cost kidneys..

Edited by Lana Banana

Madonna is Madonna. At this point I wouldn't go to see her as "classic" Madonna because those days are long gone. I'd go just to see the Legend in person. Not unlike Mariah tbh. :foxaylove3:

4 hours ago, ebaby said:

Rebel Heart was her most basic tour ever. Like no stage production at all. It looked like Ariana or Rihanna tour :rip: And MDNA tour - what's the point in having amazing stage when you gonna perform TUTR, I'm a Sinner, I Don't Give A, Revolver, Candy Shop and  bore people to death.

Edited by Raptus
  • Like 1

Yes, I saw it recently and it definitely translates better live than on video. I've also seen MDNA and Rebel Heart, but this was the most fun I had. I did like MDNA's stage slightly more though.

Edited by Dream
  • Like 1

Judging from the recording of Madame X, I didn't like the staging at all. There was just too much going on stage at many points imo. A lot of the costumes weren't great and some of the song choices could have been better in my view.

This tour is amazing in those three categories, especially the staging - that is spectacular. I think her approach to touring just may suit arenas / stadiums more.

Her tour are and will always be big! She's a fantastic performer

• Like 1

After that Maluma concert in Colombia travesty I really started to think that she had lost her performing mojo... So in that sense yes, The Celebration Tour is a return to form! :clap3:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

After that Maluma concert in Colombia travesty I really started to think that she had lost her performing mojo... So in that sense yes, The Celebration Tour is a return to form! :clap3:

This, I thought she was done honestly. That performance scared me as a fan. Something seemed very wrong that night. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Honestly she never really fell out of form touring wise. Rebel Heart Tour and Madame X were not on the level as the peaks but she has never had a truly bad tour. Celebration is definitely in the top 4 in my opinion though, the show really is that good. Seeing it in person elevated it even higher than just seeing it on video and I even loved it there. 

Seeing my second show of the tour in a couple weeks, cannot wait to be with her again! 

Agree re: Rebel Heart and Madame X. That's where I was coming from with the original post...I didn't think she had it in her to deliver a show that didn't feel clunky or like a retread again. Rebel Heart felt cheap and uninspired...it didn't feel like it followed a Madonna formula and was her just doing a random gig...and that was a bit painful to watch after how incredible MDNA was (despite the awful setlist). Meanwhile, Madame X was horrible...I'm sorry, I saw that show twice and have never been downright bored at a Madonna concert of all artists. The novelty of being close to her was fun, but once that wore off after 5 minutes, the show came off like a half baked concept with ideas all over the place.

This show is a return to her sleek, expensive, artsy production aesthetic with great updated production to her hits and a perfect balance between hits and fan favorites. 

I just wish she'd change the goddamn ending :rip:

Rebel Heart is still her best tour since Confessions, but Celebration is more important than it. It's a real social document.

A return to form after the disastrous performances of Eurovision and that Maluma concert? Absolutely yes!

But The Celebration Tour is up there in quality with the rest of her tours so in that sense there was no need for a return to form

• Like 1

It honestly is. She received so much hate for the past decade+ about her uninspired music, her wacky social media posts, her immature behavior, and mostly her face constantly getting worse. It's like she threw all that to the side and came back looking GORGEOUS and proved the world wrong, and this is after getting a hip replacement and a near death experience last summer. We love to see it. 

it is :weeps: I keep reliving my two dates in my head, it was such a beautiful moment. seeing her front row was always on my bucket list and luckily I got to do it :heart:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.