• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

some people will be very upset this update

tumblr_inline_ohqa0hdsPK1uyf5zq_500.gif

• Haha 2

WRK

work.png

Score: 7,57 Album: N/A

Big Sheensters: AMIT, mathekr, Subomie (10)

Little NishiNOsters: Curaga (4)

What is this sudden surge of quality, Miss Nina? The song randomly popped up in my YouTube recommendations last year, and I thought to myself, well, why the hell not, one cannot go lower than Sandokushi, and… it was actually a hit (both sonically and on the charts). Then I was delightful to learn that it served as the OP for the anime of adaptation of Jigokuraku, a manga that I quite enjoy and recommend to others. Unfortunately, I haven't watched the anime itself, life and all, but I'll do that eventually, and having this bop of a song there is a good incentive on top of everything else. Sheena and Utada have been serving taste when it comes to their tie-ins for anime series lately, as Fumetsu no Anata e is another favorite of mine. The lyrics of the song are based on Jigokuraku's story, which means two things: 1) they don't make much sense in a vacuum, 2) Sheena actually familiarized herself with the material, and I respect her for that. I'd like to believe that the single deserved better all things considered, but some neophytes can't appreciate it in the same way that veterans do. I also find it curious that certain Sheena stans were already fans of millennium parade, and then the collab happened. Maybe wishful thinking actually works?

mathekr definitely appreciates the artistic union: "That was such an anticipated collab for me and it did not disappoint.” Neophyte Curaga, on the other hand, doesn't: "Not bad, but not landing for me.” AMIT is ecstatic about the collab and even finds a cute reference: "this track is a return to form for Miss Ringo, in no small part thanks to millenium parade of course, but Shiina definitely holds her own here. great chemistry between her and Tsuneta, she looks great in the video and the Tsumi to Batsu references both in the video and lyrics? amazing.” Subomie is being a bit meninist, attributing the single's success to the band: "The way millennium parade revived her career tho...” Well, they did have a couple of hits here and there, I suppose…

• Like 3

Big Sheensters: AMIT, mathekr, Subomie (10)

Taste, as expected. :clap3:

Expected also for... the other one

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kinda shocked it was like the only 10 I gave post-2003...

• Like 1

Just now, Subomie said:

Kinda shocked it was like the only 10 I gave post-2003...

are we really shocked considering we let certain people participate?

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

• Like 1

work, girl

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

The next song is a collab with a man that abuses auto-tune. Is No verão, as noites finally going down, or is Nakata going to pay for the sin of dropping Mito Natsume? Find out soon enough.

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

Anyways I had no idea of that anime tie-in, or that that anima/manga was even a thing at all (whew my anime era is truly OVER), but now I have to watch it. Thanks, Queen @Suilen:heart:

• Like 1

Just now, Suilen said:

The next song is a collab with a man that abuses auto-tune. Is No verão, as noites finally going down, or is Nakata going to pay for the sin of dropping Mito Natsume? Find out soon enough.

illusion.gif?ex=66234735&is=6610d235&hm=

I am walking out and leaving depending on the outcome.

britney.gif

• Haha 1

I watched Hell's Paradise (WORK was the OP of the anime) weekly and I had the time of my life every single time with it. A banger.

ezgif-2-6b4cf3b4e0.gif

• Like 2

長く短い祭 / No verão, as noites

festival.png

Score: 7,58 Album: Sandokushi

Big Sheensters: mathekr, Curaga, Kyle-x (10)

Little NishiNOsters: AMIT (1,5)

The controversial single is finally here, to some people's elation and some people's chagrin. I'm neither a hater nor a lover, but it's important to point out that the song itself is not as remarkable as the fact that some fans decided to end things with Sheena over it and went off to worship their new queen, Seiko Oomori, though Ayano Kaneko apparently also gained fans due to the schism. Maybe it was a combination of it being a jingle (and the overall image of Sheena being chic and upper class), the overuse of auto-tune and the frustration over Sheena just not being on the same level as she'd been before TJ that led to the exodus, I don't know. But I do love the drama. Anyway, back to the song itself. The title is a bit nonsensical – 'A long short festival.’ Is it long or is it short? The Portuguese title is equally baffling – 'In summer, night.” Night what? Well, the lyrics do clarify that Sheena implores us to enjoy the moment, and a moment is short, but the pleasant experience will probably make it feel longer than it's supposed to be. The night bit is intentionally ambiguous because yeah, a festival happens at night, there are fireworks, wow. But what else happens at night? SEX. Take it as you will. As for the auto-tune, well, she's no Cher, but she tried. Now those ex-fans hear auto-tune everywhere as a part of their PTSD.

Putting this comment by Curaga here will probably work as a red rag to AMIT's bull, but I've said, I love drama: "Love this one so much omg! The auto-tuned vocals are so bizarre with the jazz instrumental, but I love it! Super fun melody. 11 contender.” AMIT obviously regrets wasting his 0 on A Life Supreme that would tank anyway and annihilates the jingle by saying the following: "I love the ending! as in, right before it ends and flows into the other, actual good a-side single. no idea what was going on before that... and then she ruins that one thing on the actual album :bibliahh: .“ Ewan Chaos offends both Charli XCX and Xbox (now, I welcome that one) by dragging them into this mess: "Oh end Charli XBOX for me Sheen-autotune.” Subomie decided that the song was a gag at the end of the day, greatly aggravating AMIT: "Subversive genius. The way Sheena Ringo uses autotune is akin to the way Jimi Hendrix uses a guitar, it's an instrument that she's mastered.” Meloetta Carey wants to draw our attention to the song's impact: "this sounds like the opening from the two 2020s anime I've watched, considering it came out in 2015 I guess you could say Shiina mothered them a bit.” Well, that explains the current state of j-pop. Kyle-x knows how to ruffle AMIT's feathers: "It's a hit regardless of what anyone says!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only Natsume that I know is the disgraced localization company that helped translate the game of the decade Harvest Moon 64 and incorrectly spelled their name on the title screen.

The title is a bit nonsensical – 'A long short festival.’ Is it long or is it short? The Portuguese title is equally baffling – 'In summer, night.” Night what?

This must be how my man feels when I say nonsense to him and expect him to understand

Anyway TBH this is too low! Feel like I would have been happy with this at top 10.

• Like 1

omgggg

Rate saved, world peace achieved, capitalism ended, CURAGA BOILED

:jonny5:

• Haha 2

would my 0 even have changed things that much though :coffee2:

the way she had the nerve to name this hate crime of a song in portuguese, and for WHAT reason, *****? tf this has to do with Brazil or any part of our culture, BYE

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AMIT said:

would my 0 even have changed things that much though :coffee2:

the way she had the nerve to name this hate crime of a song in portuguese, and for WHAT reason, *****? tf this has to do with Brazil or any part of our culture, BYE

Well, it wouldn't have outlasted WORK, but that's probably all.

tumblr_mwzx9lBwca1s0x5wto1_250.gif

• Like 1

It's just noise... but by this point in the rate playlist I was looking for any lifeline.

• Haha 1

Just now, Suilen said:

Well, it wouldn't have outlasted WORK, but that's probably all.

tumblr_mwzx9lBwca1s0x5wto1_250.gif

That's a good enough reason. But I'll take it being out right now anyway. :duck:

Ariamaru Tomi / ありあまる富

tomi.png

Score: 7,61 Album: Hi Izuru Tokoro (SUNNY)

Big Sheensters: mathekr (11)

Little NishiNOsters: madonnas (1)

The first single off Sunny that shares its photoshoot and the name of the b-side with Sanmon Gossip despite being released prior to SG. A bit weird, isn't it? One explanation is that the album's production was over by that point, and Ariamaru Tomi didn't make the cut. Another explanation is that Ariamaru Tomi fit the concept of SHINE BRIGHT LIKE THE SUN more, and it's evident in the uplifting lyrics. "Your wealth (aka the wealth inside you) is overflowing.” I wish. Yeah, basically, the real wealth can't be seen, but people can steal your happiness, I suppose? Thus, we shouldn't let them do it, we shouldn't listen to them and their lies. And even if they steal some of it from you, it may be annoying, but you should keep on living, as the wealth will be there as long as you're alive. I appreciate the positive message, but the song kind of makes me drowsy. Share some of your real wealth with me, queen, and then we'll see.

mathekr thinks this is the pinnacle of her career while dragging Carnation as the start of the decline, almost discarded those troll scores: "Easily her masterpiece.” AMIT again promotes the b-side: "usually I'm not very fond of more acoustic stuff like this, but I like how she did it here, the guitar work is great throughout the song. I must say the b-side is even better and a crazy song in the best way, y'all should definitely give it a chance!” Meloetta Carey sees both sides: "sounds like a hit and who doesn't love those? it does drag a bit sometimes but it's cute overall.” Well, I wouldn't like to live in a country where songs like this are hits (I live in a country where Dua Lipa's songs are topping the charts).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like it, but it low key did not deserve to outlast some other, better songs tbh. 

Why is Pit of Death still in? :rip:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIT said:

I like it, but it low key did not deserve to outlast some other, better songs tbh. 

Why is Pit of Death still in? :rip:

C~U~R~A~G~A

• Haha 1

It's still weird to me that Sunny is just like... a compilation album of 5+ years worth of standalone singles :rip:

1 minute ago, Subomie said:

It's still weird to me that Sunny is just like... a compilation album of 5+ years worth of standalone singles :rip:

not just Sunny sadly...

400px-Shiina_Ringo_-_Shijou_no_Jinsei_promo.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Suilen said:

C~U~R~A~G~A

Unironically not a bad song even though it's very intro-coded for obvious reasons, but I need that album to DIE. 

ezgif-2-bfa6173efa.thumb.gif.fe584971d67

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.