• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mokichi

• Squall

• Raiden

• Yudelkis

Posted (edited)

A French YouTuber made a very interesting analysis on this controversy, he also included several videos from French national news debating on Aya, the subtiles are available in English if you want to understand more what's happening right now in France.

Now, we have a far right-wing group called "Les Natifs" who tweeted against Aya by going in the streets with a banner saying "this is Paris here, not the market of Bamako" :biblio: and they used the lyric of Djadja at the beginning as well. It keeps getting worse (lot of media accounts shared that tweet, might be around 10k likes combined, racists have no shame). 

It's been now a week since this controversy and a day since that far right-wing tweet. Some French artists decided to speak out to defend Aya, see below a tweet from Dadju, one of the most streamed French male artists:

Translated tweet: "This is why we are so late in this country. You are bullying the biggest artist in our country with elementary schoolers arguments... It was not even a fight before but now we need Aya to sing, we will support you. This is not bamako, this is not bamako, f*ckers."

Aya who ignored everything so far decided to call out that far-right group's tweet today by dragging them:

Translated tweet: "You can be racist but not deaf... this is why you are suffering! I become the #1 most discussed topic in the country but what do I owe you in reality? Nothing." :clap3: 

Edited by Mokichi
  • Like 6

David Guetta would have been the better choice :heart:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 3/8/2024 at 2:04 AM, Maroonx said:

if anyone is shocked, then you don't know France... It's probably the most racist country in Europe.

That could be said for every country in europe tbh

Also Megan Thee Stallion was trending on French Twitter because some racists used her picture to drag Aya Nakamura, and they even did a petition to remove Aya from Olympic Games ceremony using a picture of Megan :deadbanana2:

Racists thinking all black women look the same... I'm so ashamed of my country right now :rip: 

Second tweet is a screenshot of the online petition, it is signed by 1.5k people at the moment :biblio: 

1 hour ago, Mokichi said:

Now, we have a far right-wing group called "Les Natifs" who tweeted against Aya by going in the streets with a banner saying "this is Paris here, not the market of Bamako" :biblio: and they used the lyric of Djadja at the beginning as well. It keeps getting worse (lot of media accounts shared that tweet, might be around 10k likes combined, racists have no shame). 

Disgusting and disturbing. I hope we can call these "far right-wing" groups for what they actually are. Racists, nazis and fascists, "Les Natifs" ? :skull: Europe got their eyes closed and fingers in their ears.

23 minutes ago, tost1 said:

That could be said for every country in europe tbh

Point Yes GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mokichi said:

Second tweet is a screenshot of the online petition, it is signed by 1.5k people at the moment :biblio: 

1.5k?

Not enough French nazis brave enough to come forward and put their name on a signature? LMAO

Typical cowards.

Seeing these updates and the racism is truly disgusting but unsurprising. I knew this would happen when I said in the last thread that Macron would set her up big time with those remarks. They hate it when a certain kind of black person represents their country and not the ones that the white people majority like. 

• Thanks 3

The french users in here doing their best to minimize/deny the fact that Aya is the target of a huge and very obvious racist backlash right now are disgusting and evidently part of the racism problem in France. Allez bien vous faire voir. Et votre mépris pour Aya et sa musique sont juste risibles quand on voit pour qui vous stannez. :rip:

Edited by Stankonia
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Nintendoes said:

David Guetta would have been the better choice :heart:

David Guetta literally wanted to make a song with Aya Nakamura for the Olympics.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Seeing these updates and the racism is truly disgusting but unsurprising. I knew this would happen when I said in the last thread that Macron would set her up big time with those remarks. They hate it when a certain kind of black person represents their country and not the ones that the white people majority like. 

54 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

The french users in here doing their best to minimize/deny the fact that Aya is the target of a huge and very obvious racist backlash right now are disgusting and evidently part of the racism problem in France. Allez bien vous faire voire. Et votre mépris pour Aya et sa musique sont juste risibles quand on voit pour qui vous stannez. :rip:

and what it is saddens me as well is that the artists that spoke out to support Aya are only POC so far, no white artist has said anything... maybe it will change in the next few days now that the tweet from the far right-wing group is getting a lot of press, let's see..

Edited by Mokichi

23 minutes ago, Mokichi said:

and what it is saddens me as well is that the artists that spoke out to support Aya are only POC so far, no white artist has said anything... maybe it will change in the next few days now that the tweet from the far right-wing group is getting a lot of press, let's see..

Isabelle Boulay is white white... But she is the only one who said something.

For a nation who relies heavily on black and brown people in sports, music etc etc theres a certain level of nerve to be racist like know your place 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Isabelle Boulay is white white... But she is the only one who said something.

Yeah she's French Canadian, her answer was kinda weird but supportive I guess :rip: She was giving "it's not a bad idea but let's see what she will do, it's a "played against type" choice and sometimes it can be beautiful". She spoke about this because she was asked what she thinks of Aya doing a cover of Edith Piaff, not really related to what the other artists are speaking about now which is racism.   

Edited by Mokichi

8 hours ago, Mokichi said:

Yeah she's French Canadian, her answer was kinda weird but supportive I guess :rip: She was giving "it's not a bad idea but let's see what she will do, it's a "played against type" choice and sometimes it can be beautiful". She spoke about this because she was asked what she thinks of Aya doing a cover of Edith Piaff, not really related to what the other artists are speaking about now which is racism.   

The fact that Wejdene out of everyone, made a full statement while she was liking shady tweet about Aya for a long time, speak volume. 

And that Lyna something who spoke about female urban artists having no unity, is really quiet now.

• Like 1

her image is always unapologetic confident boss girl, if any chance she would cement her status to be a legend then she should go on perform on her own version and gag everyone.

:clack:

Posted (edited)

One of the biggest figure of the French far right-wing movement quoted Aya by mocking her grammar to discredit her latest tweet.

This will definetely make French racists even more confident. What's happening now is really worrying.

FYI, Eric Zemmour run for President in the latest Presidential elections and got 7% of votes. He is well-known racist and was convicted several times for incitement to racial hatred.

His tweet got 16k likes... :biblio:

Edited by Mokichi

5 hours ago, Mokichi said:

One of the biggest figure of the French far right-wing movement quoted Aya by mocking her grammar to discredit her latest tweet.

This will definetely make French racists even more confident. What's happening now is really worrying.

FYI, Eric Zemmour run for President in the latest Presidential elections and got 7% of votes. He is well-known racist and was convicted several times for incitement to racial hatred.

His tweet got 16k likes... :biblio:

LOL — someone called "Zemmour" pontificating about who is authentic French and who is not.

It's hilarious how even the right wing nuts in France are nowadays led by non-Gallic immigrants:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The international press is now speaking about it!

The Olympics organising committee also showed their support: “We have been very shocked by the racist attacks against Aya Nakamura in recent days. (We offer our) total support to the most listened-to French artist in the world,” it said. (Article below)

Edited by Mokichi
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:46 AM, Erreur2 La Nature said:

She is a very pretentious and self-centered woman. She has a nasty attitude with other celebrities and also with the public. Just very disrespectful and vulgar in general. Recently she has also been found guilty of domestic violences against her ex. 

On 3/6/2024 at 10:22 PM, Squall said:

Her music is awful, which is what most people say, but ofc OP is going to lie about it. 

As for the last part, considering how bad her songwriting is, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here. She can write all of her songs... but if she writes them like a 5yo would, there's nothing to brag about.

201c2839952d4c9148cd726bd6eb1342.gif

On 3/10/2024 at 9:42 PM, Riverbank said:

But ATRL users Squall and Erreur2LaNature will tell you she deserves it because she has a "nasty" attitude and her music doesn't scratch their generic gay pop itch :cm:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Several international articles are now talking about this controversy: Germany, Mexico, Spain and UK so far.

Whereas in France many far right-wings figures are now giving their "opinion" on news channel to trash her even more by saying she doesn’t sing in French to mock again the slang she uses in her songs. 

She is everywhere since a week and half, all news are only speaking about this and being so direspectful. Another far right-wing figure said "she's singing in afro thug slang" !!! :biblio:

Thanks God some people are invited on these shows to defend her as well but a lot of media seems to approve the far right-wings racists arguments.

Edited by Mokichi
  • Thanks 1

UK >>>>> france. :coffee2:

8 minutes ago, Mokichi said:

Is that blond woman working for Macron government? :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.