• vinicius

• rickycabello123

2 minutes ago, istersay said:

ridiculous ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Someone get her out of Interscope :deadvision:

Imagine wasting an image rebrand and having the lead single debut on a Wednesday with no radio (and a polarizing chorus at that) :rip: 

We're going #80 - OUT next week. Whew the incoming lashings :jonny5:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

oh well, arts not charts :intoit2: and I'll wait to see what happens

"Havana" debuted at No. 99 in August 2017 and took 10 weeks to crack the top 20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Given the messy rollout, it's actually managed to stay stable on Spotify.

IMG_9644.gif?ex=6620bf0f&is=660e4a0f&hm=

• Like 1

The chart prediction is an expected nightmare… I was hoping the better performance on Spotify and Apple Music US compared to Familia would at least get us in the 60's. I have to say though it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when camilizers talk about her being a slow burn artist and bring up Havana's chart climb. Like most new artists are slow burn and climb because they don't have an established audience and they are gaining more attention over time. This is Camila's 4th era, seven years into her solo career, it is unfortunate that by now she has not cultivated an audience that would tune into her music once it is released 😭

• Like 7

This song was released on Wednesday and with no radio on board, I think that 80 debut is actually good enough for it 

I mean, y'all I hope haven't expect top10, right? :rip: 

3 hours ago, istersay said:

oh well, arts not charts :intoit2: and I'll wait to see what happens

"Havana" debuted at No. 99 in August 2017 and took 10 weeks to crack the top 20

Havana was an instant smash, it started out as a promo single and was made a single by virtue of it taking off on streaming so well.

I Luv It is more like the Crying In The Club of this era.

Camila released her single in the middle of the week without promotion with low position on Spotify TTH playlist during Future and Beyonce album bombs.and the song was leaked days before.it's #38 right now on USA Spotify. It's a good start given the circumstances.

Edited by Sweetestsecret
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, sangriawine said:

The chart prediction is an expected nightmare… I was hoping the better performance on Spotify and Apple Music US compared to Familia would at least get us in the 60's. I have to say though it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when camilizers talk about her being a slow burn artist and bring up Havana's chart climb. Like most new artists are slow burn and climb because they don't have an established audience and they are gaining more attention over time. This is Camila's 4th era, seven years into her solo career, it is unfortunate that by now she has not cultivated an audience that would tune into her music once it is released 😭

I think it's because her hits come from the general public, and they don't even know or care who's singing, they just vibe with the song, stream and buy it, and then forget it and move on to the next big hit. She was supposed to be an album artist since the beginning, but Epic wanted the money.

Plus, the single choices from all of her eras (maybe except Familia) were really DUMB. She missed a lot of opportunities to connect with more music lovers because of that. Not releasing She Loves Control as her third single in her latin era? Double releases? Living Proof being a single? First Man? I mean, come on!

(I LOVE Living Proof. It's just not single material)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, istersay said:

:rip::gaycat7: it's over!

• Like 1

Well, I mean her career has been severely mismanaged since the very beginning and it's a combination of her team being bad, as well as her own bizarre choices. I will always maintain that she's been given way too much freedom at beginning of her career.

Where do I even begin? She's been recording FIRE material for her debut era, with big names including Diplo, Major Lazer etc., but none of the songs made the final cut. She's had plenty of bops ready but decided to go with a boring material and that singer-songwriter route that never really fit her because of "you can only have one debut and it needs to be special" logic.

Havana, her biggest hit, didn't even really fit the album in retrospect because of the material chosen for it. Scar Tissues which should have been Havana's follow-up instead of Never Be the Same (that is great and still should become single along the route) was also scrapped from the album. It's just more radio-friendly and less grating that NBTS let's be real. Then choosing Consequences as a single... literally who asked for this when She Loves Control was there?

Closer and The Middle turned down for bizarre reasons, I'm not even fully sure what went down with Closer, but apparently she backed down last minute and acted unprofessionally by ditching Chainsmokers just before the performance...? The Middle rejected because of... Havana? like why couldn't she have two radio hits simultaneously out at the same time? Since when that is a bad thing and a rare thing for the artist? I believe Havana wouldn't have been hurt by The Middle smashing at the same time, but whatever.

Then the second era came and it was just such a misfire overall. My Oh My almost not making the album and being added to it last minute (missing on physical releases, no? - do I remember correctly?). This was the exact type of song that only should have made the album all along (thank God it did), but it should have been a lead single too... Like what were they thinking? Then that Shameless/Liar double release which confused radio programmers, her own stans, and knowing her team... even them. The next choices were just as bizarre Easy, Living Proof are just not single materials and neither is Cry For Me. The damage was already done by that point. One of the strangest promotions I have seen. The singles should've gone as follow. 1. Senorita (glad it was added to the album) 2. My Oh My (leading single excluding Senorita leading up to the release) 3. Liar (this was a bop and the exact type of music she was doing and people liked. it should've been released alongside the album) 4. Used To This (this is one of the best songs she ever recorded and it's quite original. I know some Camila non-stans that like it. I think it would have done well on the radio) and then for the 5th and final single Shameless. 

Then of course Familia happened, but I think her image was so stained by the racism claims by that point that nothing could have saved it. I think that single choices were actually perfect and there's nothing else they could have done in this era.

I LUV IT is actually a perfect re-introduction prevention for her but the bizarre treatment and no radio is just so weird. It keeps increasing on Spotify and sounds like a smash, so hopefully they can turn things around. 

Overall, so many missed opportunities and bizarre decisions that kind fo stalled her as MPG. She really could have been bigger, but oh well.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

well at least still top 40 spotify usa, lets celebrate that

the bar in hell :gaycat6::bibliahh:

interscope executives will die in 7 days

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Solarie said:

Well, I mean her career has been severely mismanaged since the very beginning and it's a combination of her team being bad, as well as her own bizarre choices. I will always maintain that she's been given way too much freedom at beginning of her career.

Where do I even begin? She's been recording FIRE material for her debut era, with big names including Diplo, Major Lazer etc., but none of the songs made the final cut. She's had plenty of bops ready but decided to go with a boring material and that singer-songwriter route that never really fit her because of "you can only have one debut and it needs to be special" logic.

Havana, her biggest hit, didn't even really fit the album in retrospect because of the material chosen for it. Scar Tissues which should have been Havana's follow-up instead of Never Be the Same (that is great and still should become single along the route) was also scrapped from the album. It's just more radio-friendly and less grating that NBTS let's be real. Then choosing Consequences as a single... literally who asked for this when She Loves Control was there?

Closer and The Middle turned down for bizarre reasons, I'm not even fully sure what went down with Closer, but apparently she backed down last minute and acted unprofessionally by ditching Chainsmokers just before the performance...? The Middle rejected because of... Havana? like why couldn't she have two radio hits simultaneously out at the same time? Since when that is a bad thing and a rare thing for the artist? I believe Havana wouldn't have been hurt by The Middle smashing at the same time, but whatever.

Then the second era came and it was just such a misfire overall. My Oh My almost not making the album and being added to it last minute (missing on physical releases, no? - do I remember correctly?). This was the exact type of song that only should have made the album all along (thank God it did), but it should have been a lead single too... Like what were they thinking? Then that Shameless/Liar double release which confused radio programmers, her own stans, and knowing her team... even them. The next choices were just as bizarre Easy, Living Proof are just not single materials and neither is Cry For Me. The damage was already done by that point. One of the strangest promotions I have seen. The singles should've gone as follow. 1. Senorita (glad it was added to the album) 2. My Oh My (leading single excluding Senorita leading up to the release) 3. Liar (this was a bop and the exact type of music she was doing and people liked. it should've been released alongside the album) 4. Used To This (this is one of the best songs she ever recorded and it's quite original. I know some Camila non-stans that like it. I think it would have done well on the radio) and then for the 5th and final single Shameless. 

Then of course Familia happened, but I think her image was so stained by the racism claims by that point that nothing could have saved it. I think that single choices were actually perfect and there's nothing else they could have done in this era.

I LUV IT is actually a perfect re-introduction prevention for her but the bizarre treatment and no radio is just so weird. It keeps increasing on Spotify and sounds like a smash, so hopefully they can turn things around. 

Overall, so many missed opportunities and bizarre decisions that kind fo stalled her as MPG. She really could have been bigger, but oh well.

A lot of this is so true. Very insightful, thank you for this.

She was gonna be on Closer and The Middle? :rip:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, laqqinq said:

A lot of this is so true. Very insightful, thank you for this.

She was gonna be on Closer and The Middle? :rip:

Yes, and both fully leaked and are great :skull:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Right, prepare yourselves for the trolls going hard 

• Like 1

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Veis said:

This song was released on Wednesday and with no radio on board, I think that 80 debut is actually good enough for it 

I mean, y'all I hope haven't expect top10, right? :rip: 

3 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Camila released her single in the middle of the week without promotion with low position on Spotify TTH playlist during Future and Beyonce album bombs.and the song was leaked days before.it's #38 right now on USA Spotify. It's a good start given the circumstances.

It's going to debut top 80 with its first full week, but I agree it's a decent start but haters will have a field day with it sadly 

1 hour ago, Solarie said:

Apparently 5H blocked her from being on closer. For Familia I don't think the racism claims affected anything, no one in the real world talks about/knows about that really - and when they find out about it they don't care because of her age and what she's done since to rectify the situation. It's just loud haters and psycho stan culture that won't let it go and calls her names. Which to be fair, even if that didn't happen they would be calling her something else because they are simply just haters. I think the US GP just got tired of her redundant latin girl persona/sound. Bam Bam and don't go yet performed well worldwide, but the US not so much. I think that's also a major reason why she changed up the sound this era, to cater more towards the US market. It seemed like her best options were to go more pop/hip hop for the US or go full Spanish for her global base. 

2 hours ago, Solarie said:

Excellent analysis of her career, this is the reason why I lurk on ATRL

2 hours ago, Solarie said:

Yes, yes, yes. Preach!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.