Camila Cabello f/ Playboi Carti - "I LUV IT"

TalkThatRihanna

44 minutes ago, camilacabelloslaps said:

Realistically her being with a new label will affect her first rollout, plain and simple. With epic they dumped money into crying in the club and then hurting the healing the loving album as a whole, and when it under performed they went back to the drawing board with what they had. They dropped Havana and OMG to test waters then went full force with Havana which made them a lot of money and changed the whole album concept. When Romance came out she had already made bank for her second albums rollout for the label and senorita helped made bank for familia rollout. 

Now that she is on a new label she's made an album, filmed a video and has a new starting budget, so it's wise they take the strategy of keeping promo minimal until she gets a hit with them to start securing future budgets for future projects. I LUV IT shouldn't be sent to radio or have any promo performances until it shows the label it has signs of being a decent hit for them and to make money for another video and album drop. Knowing Camila there is def a major and a few minor hits on this album. 

No. It's very hard for songs to become hits without radio unless you're lucky 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• istersay

• vinicius

• rickycabello123

57 minutes ago, Arianna Kylie said:

the fact that y'all are so invested in stanning a person that you think someone's racial disgusting past is the doing of a "team" is ridiculous.

nobody told camila to be racist, it unfortunately is a debt she's gonna have to pay for - forever. it was nasty and disgusting and a choice she made idc how far ago it was. a lot of us were that same age and not racist. so blame her. this wasn't no n word in a song, these were nasty very racist and stereotypical memes.

No, sis. I don't stan Camila because whatever you said. I won't judge someone from what they reposted in a tumblr account when they were 14. I'm sorry, that doesn't define someone's character to me. I know a lot of people who are gay, but in childhood, bullied and had homophobic attitudes towards others, because they had no awareness, education and were projecting family behavior. Does that make them homophobic to you? I guess so. You might be perfect. But they did and do better, forgave themselves for their ignorance back then and moved on.

I'm not justifying racism. This topic is too sensitive, but in Camila's particular case, she had enough time to show her true colors. Even before those screenshots were public, Camila was always pretty vocal about racial causes, feminism, social inequality, politics and defender of minorities in general. It was not something staged.

What annoys me is the fact that most of the people who accuse Camila of this don't even care about this very serious cause. They only take advantage of it to justify their hatred of her, for reasons much less profound than that.

Edited by vinicius
  • Like 13

15 minutes ago, Bentley said:

No. It's very hard for songs to become hits without radio unless you're lucky 

Not so much the case anymore, a lot of songs go viral and climb the charts by streaming and then radio picks them up after and that helps continue their success. Cruel summer is a great example, started doing great on Spotify for a long time and then climbed radio. A big radio deal is expensive and not smart unless you're sure the song will be a hit. Radio isn't what it used to be, look at Selena's song single soon, it had a big radio deal and it still didn't take off like they expected (no hate, I LOVE that song personally) 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, vinicius said:

No, sis. I don't stan Camila because whatever you said. I won't judge someone from what they reposted in a tumblr account when they were 14. I'm sorry, that doesn't define someone's character to me. I know a lot of people who are gay, but in childhood, bullied and had homophobic attitudes towards others, because they had no awareness, education and were projecting family behavior. Does that make them homophobic to you? I guess so. You might be perfect. But they did and do better, forgave themselves for their ignorance back then and moved on.

I'm not justifying racism. This topic is too sensitive, but in Camila's particular case, she had enough time to show her true colors. Even before those screenshots were public, Camila was always pretty vocal about racial causes, feminism, social inequality, politics and defender of minorities in general. It was not something staged.

What annoys me is the fact that most of the people who accuse Camila of this don't even care about this very serious cause. They only take advantage of it to justify their hatred of her, for reasons much less profound than that.

I agree, most people like to act like everything is so ABC and leave out a lot of context because it destroys the ego and saint complex they get off passing judgement towards the situation like she's so horrible and they would never. 

Growing up when I learned about racism I was taught about historical wrong doings, slavery, etc. I wasn't taught about current modern day stereotypes, and when I was 12-14 those racial stereotypes were very common jokes made casually in media, just like saying "that's so gay" was just a common phrase at the time. And because I had friends of all ethnicities, and I wouldn't treat people differently or dislike people based on their ethnicity - if I made a joke, reposted a meme or something about a stereotype I didn't think I was being racist, because I thought racism was what I was taught about and I would never support or do something evil like that to someone. I also grew up having a certain word placed in almost every song I liked that had a rapper, so when I sang along to a song that had it or used that slang with friends I didn't think I was being racist because I wasn't using it in the hateful way I was taught that it used to be used, I was using it in the slang way that has become popular in a lot of songs and pop culture I was consuming. 

Now that I am an adult I don't make those jokes, I don't use that slang, and I've learned why it's inappropriate for me to do so. That is also not something school taught me - that's something I learned on my own as our society has grown and progressed and I grew up. 

She has apologized genuinely and sincerely, and shown that she has learned and grown into a thoughtful progressive adult. People who like to claim that she's racist just as an excuse to throw hate towards her are just simply miserable and need to move on. It's just pathetic and simply not true at this point. 

OT - this being at 9 million streams already on Spotify is promising, I really think as it grows in social media its streams will grow too 

Edited by camilacabelloslaps
  • Like 6

These essays in here?? 

Wait until this hits top 10 on Billboard. Then everyone's tunes will change. :bird:

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Flare said:

These essays in here?? 

Wait until this hits top 10 on Billboard. Then everyone's tunes will change. :bird:

Lmao sorry about that 💀😭😂 I've said my peace I'll shut up now 

even if it doesn't go top 10 I think she's got a hit on the album for sure. Bam bam went top 30 and still hit 900 million streams 

• Like 1

ddddd :deadbanana2:

I think it's so cute that the fans reunited for a streaming party. It reached 900+ people. They are doing what Interscope is not capable of.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, vinicius said:

I think it's so cute that the fans reunited for a streaming party. It reached 900+ people. They are doing what Interscope is not capable of.

I'm sad I missed it, I wanna join the next one for sure. I love the camilizer community 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinicius said:

Clearly Interscope isn't capable of anything. Pretty sure the song is gonna see a huge drop tomorrow too 

Interscope is gonna drop her maybe she can back to epic 🙏 

hmm 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may not debut in the top 75, acc to early predictions.

I always said it as a joke

:suburban:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

This may not debut in the top 75, acc to early predictions.

I always said it as a joke

:suburban:

It has no radio which is the biggest weighing on the hot 100 so I'm not surprised 

31 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

hmm 

Songs don't impact radio on Thursdays in the US so no 

• Like 1

and it's first day and a half didn't even count for tracking lmfao 

I don't know **** about radio, so correct me if I'm wrong, but could the reason it hasn't been sent to radio be because the song leaked, and they released it earlier than expected? What if it's sent to radio on its original

planned released?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vinicius said:

you literally wrote a whole essay defending her being racist and it's sad lol. honestly. when i was 14, i wasn't retweeting racist memes. in 2021 (not 14 years ago), the girl had to go to racial sensitivity training because it's something EMBEDDED in her lmao. being homophobic growing up because you're secretly gay and fighting your wants because of society pressure and sometimes culture but eventually breaking free of that and coming out vs. being racist at a young age and only being sorry because you got caught and then apologizing and going to "training" again ONLY CAUSE YOU GOT EXPOSED are two different things.

just say you don't care and love her music, i'd rather that than some fake heartfelt essay about how you're not gonna hold her accountable for something she did at 14… i wasn't racist when i was 14 and plenty of other people weren't either. 

the fact you wrote an essay like that really is alarming lmao. you tried to excuse her racism and because you got over it, you think everyone else has to. nobody has to forgive her because racism is taught and it's deeply rooted. you don't just wake up and decide to be racist. i shouldn't have to break this down.

Edited by Arianna Kylie
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 hours ago, Lightbringer007 said:

hmm 

Italians radio stations 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venom said:

I don't know **** about radio, so correct me if I'm wrong, but could the reason it hasn't been sent to radio be because the song leaked, and they released it earlier than expected? What if it's sent to radio on its original

planned released?

April 12

• Haha 3

all those think pieces above about why this is bombing hard when the matter of fact is the song is dreadful plain and simple… it was cute to see you all thinking it was a smash on release day though!

• Thumbs Down 1

They are laughing at us! We are a joke to ATRL

The song just came out, it needs at least a few weeks before giving up on this song. It sounds like it should do well! Don't freak out yet guys I am sure this song will rise on Monday and the rest of next week! 

Today's Spotify numbers are good

Global #105 (+10)

UK #98 (RE)

US #63 (+35)

and that's with Beyonce 

Edited by Cqmerqn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cqmerqn said:

Today's Spotify numbers are good

Global #105 (+10)

UK #98 (RE)

US #63 (+35)

and that's with Beyonce 

Hopefully it'll rise more now that it's Monday but we'll see 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.