The Watchers | Horror film from Ishana Shyamalan #NepoBaby starring Dakota Fanning

genetic fail

Edited by genetic fail

Oh it's his daughter directing it? 

I was getting similar vibes to The Village

I like this. Feels like they’re going the classic route.

So the sequel to the village got it

• Thumbs Down 1

• 1 month later...

27 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Looks interesting, I'll watch anything with Dakota tbh

• Like 1

18 hours ago, genetic fail said:

ok am I that starved for good horror or does this lowkey look... excellent lol 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to watch this! The book was sooooo good, super creepy and uncomfortable to read alone in the dark.

• Like 2

Do we all have that feeling that this film is gonna smash?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2024 at 10:10 PM, Sexyzinger said:

Do we all have that feeling that this film is gonna smash?

5.8/10 IMDb

29% Rotten Tomatoes 52% Audience

48% Metacritic

:rip:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not gonna lie I fell asleep at some parts :skull:

But it was a decent film and quite impressive for a directorial debut.

It's not very scary and it's really fantastical but I enjoyed it for the most part.

• Like 1

I liked this, it's a bit disjointed in its storytelling and not fleshed out enough, but i liked the vibe, the cast and the lore of the creatures was fascinating. I'm reading the book at the moment but i'm only around page 60/70 and didn't expect the movie to dive more into fantasy with horror elements.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

I liked this, it's a bit disjointed in its storytelling and not fleshed out enough, but i liked the vibe, the cast and the lore of the creatures was fascinating. I'm reading the book at the moment but i'm only around page 60/70 and didn't expect the movie to dive more into fantasy with horror elements.

Would you mind elaborating 

• Thumbs Down 1

We were not impressed. I left totally disappointed 

• Like 1

saw this on sunday night, it was cute. I liked the idea and I thought it competently played with the innate human fear of doppelgängers. The twist was... twisting. I think it couldve landed a bit better but I personally enkoyed it. 3/5. Performances, cinematography, editing and sound design were all great! I think we can expect good things from miss Ishana

On 6/11/2024 at 4:03 AM, SchmoodRing said:

Would you mind elaborating 

images-large.jpg?size=280x280

Just kidding. On what part exactly? It just felt like they rushed some parts a bit and brushed over it, instead of going more into depth. Especially in comparison to the book. I'm not finished yet, but as an example 

Spoiler

when Ciara's husband is knocking at the door, there is this whole conflict in the book about not letting him in and Mina and Daniel are siding with Madeline, which creates a whole new dynamic between Ciara and the rest of the group, over months. And it's still in the movie, kind of, but not as deep. Which makes kinda sense, because they do have to shorten some things, but idk. I think this movie would've actually benefitted from a longer runtime. And with disjointed i mean that there are different plot points, like the main storyline in the "house" and them being watched, the mythology of the fairies, Madeline being one of them, the professor, the whole backstory with Minas mother (which they kinda changed for whatever reason) and the ending...and it just sometimes feels like it doesn't flow so well into each other, if you know what i mean. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.