Joe Manchin (D-WV) has aide physically assault climate activists during meeting

Communion

:biblio:

I mean, I don’t know. Having worked event security and also finding Joe to be the scum of the earth, I have a lot of questions here. He’s still a Senator, right? Were those students originally invited? Starting with the initial security protocol to allow them to get that close to begin with to force that reaction, which by all means, was an overreaction. They probably won’t get far in a court of law unfortunately.

Whether they should is not for me to decide. And before anyone says “that’s your takeaway”, I’m surprised someone as notoriously guarded as Joe Manchin and a school as intensely under the current culture microscope as Harvard would allow things to reach this level.

The ultimate coal baron who blocked critical legislation I suppose is a solid target but seems to be lower hanging fruit now that he’s retiring.

• Like 1

We're sick and tired of these corrupt geriatrics being nothing but puppets beholden to their donors. Enough!

• Like 1

Why are they always protesting democrats? And what exactly did this achieve other than retweets?

• Like 4

Seems like the political party that claims to want to "protect and help preserve democracy" continues to assault activists and banning them from events. :bibliahh:

Didn’t look to me that he had him do that, it looks like the aid did it himself 

23 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Why are they always protesting democrats? And what exactly did this achieve other than retweets?

Democrats are the party that believes science. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Why are they always protesting democrats? 

Because those are the people that are “supposed” to represent their interests and those they typically vote into office.

There is no political incentive for republicans to even pretend to care about climate change activists protesting them. Because that’s not their base.

• Like 2

This is the kind of protesting people should be doing. Not gluing their hands to the road and interrupting everyday people from going about their business, but hijacking these bigwigs' meetings

• Like 3

Manchin keeps proving he's a Democrat in name only.

4 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Joe Manchin is a republican with a blue mask on.  We’d be better off having his seat flipped red than holding onto a fake blue position from WV.  The only thing you can trust for him to do is to vote for the interests of the fossil fuel industry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.