FL last-resort home insurer not solvent, future storms likely need full fed bailout

Espresso

Good luck living and moving to FL! Why people still do is beyond me, what with the bigotry and hatred on the one hand, and the storms and unaffordable insurance on the other.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Well good thing that their beloved governor has been fighting with Disney, Drag Queens and librarians and also neglecting them for a failed bid at the presidency I'm sure that will really benefit them all as these storms continue to get worse 

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

Good luck living and moving to FL! Why people still do is beyond me, what with the bigotry and hatred on the one hand, and the storms and unaffordable insurance on the other.

weather

5 minutes ago, aotearoa said:

weather

Obviously. Weather is sure gonna be enjoyable though while you're broke af and being discriminated against or hated!

42 minutes ago, dawnettakins said:

Girl I grew up here all of my friends, family, my whole life is here. And I already own a home so i’m kind of stuck at the moment. It’s also 84 degrees I wore a t shirt and shirt to uni today can’t complain about that 

Also the real everyday life here is no different here then when I go to our vacation home in another state. Nobody talks about politics irl people argue about road rage and normal everyday stuff 

So in response to your bigotry statement. I personally haven’t had any homophonic things happen since grade school. But my experience can’t be the same for every individual in the state of course. Here in Orlando we are very pro LGBT since we have a lot of disney employees and stuff 

Edited by makeme
  • Like 1

Absolutely not. I don’t want my tax dollars going to rebuilding properties in hurricane zones cause the Florida GOP completely ****** up their insurance market.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, makeme said:

Girl I grew up here all of my friends, family, my whole life is here. And I already own a home so i’m kind of stuck at the moment. It’s also 84 degrees I wore a t shirt and shirt to uni today can’t complain about that 

Also the real everyday life here is no different here then when I go to our vacation home in another state. Nobody talks about politics irl people argue about road rage and normal everyday stuff 

So in response to your bigotry statement. I personally haven’t had any homophonic things happen since grade school. But my experience can’t be the same for every individual in the state of course. Here in Orlando we are very pro LGBT since we have a lot of disney employees and stuff 

yea i feel a lot of hatred about anything really is just because it's easy to be a keyboard warrior at home in your secluded space.  In the real world, there are gay people everywhere, and more than ever.  Girls and guys talk about same sex stuff all the time at work, and no one is being scared about any of it.   It's kinda just something that happens over on Instagram in the comments or something.  It's a clear example of the very loud minority at work.  Florida is no different than Oregon.  When I lived in Oregon, everyone was a church freak, so no different than here. 

1 hour ago, spree said:

yea i feel a lot of hatred about anything really is just because it's easy to be a keyboard warrior at home in your secluded space.  In the real world, there are gay people everywhere, and more than ever.  Girls and guys talk about same sex stuff all the time at work, and no one is being scared about any of it.   It's kinda just something that happens over on Instagram in the comments or something.  It's a clear example of the very loud minority at work.  Florida is no different than Oregon.  When I lived in Oregon, everyone was a church freak, so no different than here. 

Yeah it’s just trendy to hate on florida. Like literally around 45% of us voted for Biden it’s not what they think. 

Personally, I don’t really want my tax dollars going to subsidize people living in Florida.  I would rather it go to investments in my part of the country (where the climate change risk is less existential) 

2 hours ago, makeme said:

Yeah it’s just trendy to hate on florida. Like literally around 45% of us voted for Biden it’s not what they think. 

My aunt’s neighbor has a huge confederate flag flying on a large pole in their front yard.  It’s directly across the street from her home.  A restaurant I grew up eating at since I was a child had confederate flags on merchandise and the wall until maybe 5 years ago.  Florida usually has a very socially restrictive and backwards state government thanks to the majority of the state that votes conservative.  I love Florida, but it’s actually as backwards as people say, you all just have a talent for ignoring the glaringly obvious problems that everyone else can see.  Maybe things will change as the geriatrics age out, who knows.

4 hours ago, aotearoa said:

weather

I live in florida. Theres nothing enjoyable about the weather. Its hot and humid. 

1 hour ago, Distantconstellation said:

I live in florida. Theres nothing enjoyable about the weather. Its hot and humid. 

yup, we just ended the best part of the year, and now it's going to be hot until December again.  I even changed my whole work schedule around permanently as I was sick of working outside in the heat and humidity.  It's gross. 

2 hours ago, Archetype said:

My aunt’s neighbor has a huge confederate flag flying on a large pole in their front yard.  It’s directly across the street from her home.  A restaurant I grew up eating at since I was a child had confederate flags on merchandise and the wall until maybe 5 years ago.  Florida usually has a very socially restrictive and backwards state government thanks to the majority of the state that votes conservative.  I love Florida, but it’s actually as backwards as people say, you all just have a talent for ignoring the glaringly obvious problems that everyone else can see.  Maybe things will change as the geriatrics age out, who knows.

I disagree I think you are just focusing on the bad things and judging the entire population by it. 

California one of most liberal states in the country had its gay marriage taken away in 2008 because the large republican majority outside of the cities voted to ban it. Over 7 million people in california voted yes to ban gay marriage only back in 2008. All states have bigots.

Literally 6 million people just voted for Trump in California in 2020 34.32% of their population. Which is more than the 5,668,731 people who voted for Trump in Florida. 

Trying to equate that to the entire state isn’t wise. 47.86% of the population in Florida voted for Biden.

Edited by makeme

2 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

way better than 4 months of snow

6 hours ago, dawnettakins said:

Obviously. Weather is sure gonna be enjoyable though while you're broke af and being discriminated against or hated!

you’re gonna be broke if you don’t work

and you can be hated in any state, better move out of the US then

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.