Charli XCX - 'Brat'

Kylie Jenner

7 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Why wasn't this the album cover.......

VinylFront.png

Was literally about to post this. This would have been perfect. What even is this album title and cover? :gaycat7:

Like I think more highly of Charli than just about any other artist in the world, and she’s never let me down on the music, but I’m so not following the marketing approach for this era.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• BeachRat

• alfonso12

• GardenPanty

can someone confirm if von dutch is a standalone single or if it's an album track so i can sort my scrobbles xx

8 minutes ago, somuch4you said:

this cover art…….. terrible :coffee:

agreed. also, really not into this diy/distressed/"intentionally" LQ/pixelly thing. She already like *kinda* did that with HIFN and this one isn't artfully or tastefully done enough to look intentional. It just looks lazy and bad. 

Also, in case anyone wasn't sure if she signed with Ratlantic again:

spacer.png

• Like 2

So excited

3 minutes ago, xokuba said:

I feel like the official cover will be the close-up, but this is just a placeholder and vinyl exclusive cover.

I lowkey love it that it's pixelated. her name/logo on her website is also pixelated.

me too, it adds to the aesthetic :rip: 

please be indie sleaze kinda thing

and for the love of god please be a placeholder cover 

The worst shade of green on the entire color system. Still excited for the music, but I’m worried :doc:

• Like 1

She obviously didn’t slap a pixelated word brat in green because it was meant to be a placeholder…  :skull: It’s the official cover 

ugly ass title but i will be streaming 

10 minutes ago, kidkrow said:

i feel like this cover is just a placeholder 

10 minutes ago, STARFUCKER said:

That must be just a placeholder surely :deadvision:. Is the August date confirmed?

5 minutes ago, xokuba said:

I feel like the official cover will be the close-up, but this is just a placeholder and vinyl exclusive cover.

I lowkey love it that it's pixelated. her name/logo on her website is also pixelated.

I want to believe it's a placeholder but electronic music releases rarely have pictures, they are usually text and graphics so it kinda would make sense to have that as the official cover since it's "club" music. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, troubledparadise said:

can someone confirm if von dutch is a standalone single or if it's an album track so i can sort my scrobbles xx

girl :rip:

yes this is the lead single, In the City was standalone

Whoa, curious about what the music will sound like!

CRASH rollout again where the lead single is 6 months ahead of the album :redface: Imagine how tired we are

Kinda love the title though, but that had better be a placeholder cover :fish2: There’s a difference between being “pixely” for aesthetic (like Courier font, or another old digital font) and having straight up jpg artifacts like this has. It’s giving graphic_design_is_my_passion.jpg

I never pre-order vinyl for albums I haven’t heard, but I just had to pre order that picture disc :smitten2:

the cover is a big slay

spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would've prefered XCX brat as a reference to XCX world but this title is okay i guess.

Hopefully the material is good 

her logo is now a pixelated charli xcx as is the brat imagery for the album art; I feel like it might be a throwback / homage to her myspace rave scene days? She did say this is the music she always wanted to make, so maybe she's paying tribute to the unpolished internet of the 2000s (or so I am telling myself so I can begin to like it)

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I'm crying laughing that we still haven't gotten Von Dutch yet

11 minutes ago, Curaga said:

CRASH rollout again where the lead single is 6 months ahead of the album :redface: Imagine how tired we are

Kinda love the title though, but that had better be a placeholder cover :fish2: There’s a difference between being “pixely” for aesthetic (like Courier font, or another old digital font) and having straight up jpg artifacts like this has. It’s giving graphic_design_is_my_passion.jpg

You're not gonna get the song [cover] the first time you hear [see] it. After the second or third time, you're gonna be like, 'Whoa, what is this?' It sounds [looks] nothing like anything that's out right now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.