Linkin Park's "In The End" certified Diamond in the US

Renan90

Huge :eek: Definitely the most successful song from 2001 now (and if you count it as a 2002 song, it's second behind Lose Yourself).

They are going all out for papercuts :clap3: 

Ain't It Funny blocked this song. :redface:

JLo can't catch a break.

spacer.png

Pop stans are always saying their faves early 2000s singles would've did better with digital sales/streaming being a thing meanwhile the actual data showing Rock & Hip-Hop would've prob had an even stronger grip. :deadbanana:

Linkin Park, Coldplay, Eminem, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc have so much singles from then with huge stats. 

12 minutes ago, tomo said:

Ain't It Funny blocked this song. :redface:

JLo can't catch a break.

Like I doubt this song (54 million Spotify streams compared to 1.9 billion for "In The End") would've ever charted higher with consumer consumption tracked back then :redface:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Pop stans are always saying their faves early 2000s singles would've did better with digital sales/streaming being a thing meanwhile the actual data showing Rock & Hip-Hop would've prob had an even stronger grip. :deadbanana:

Linkin Park, Coldplay, Eminem, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc have so much singles from then with huge stats. 

Like I doubt this song (54 million Spotify streams compared to 1.9 billion for "In The End") would've ever charted higher with consumer consumption tracked back then :redface:

they wouldve done better at the time

rock is more timeless

12 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

they wouldve done better at the time

rock is more timeless

I agree Rock is generally more slow-burning in consumption, but the difference is Rock was also selling hugely out the gate in early 2000s and had very active fanbases.  Linkin Park's album was the top-selling of 2001 and their follow-up did 800K first week. 

It's not like today where Imagine Dragons, Glass Animals, Panic! At the Disco, etc got very huge songs over time because Rock is consumed slower (+ as basic universal background music) but yet their albums were still averagely successful / flops and don't do much damage. 

Massive :jonnycat:

In The End and Mr. Brightside are both Diamond rock classics :worship: 

I  wonder how high are Boulevard of Broken Dreams and The Scientist

• Like 1

Deserve. Still miss you Chester.

• Like 1

A timeless quality classic :clap3:

Bands don't make music like this anymore, we need rock on the charts and radio again

Oh my original favorite band did that :clap3: 

46 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

A timeless quality classic :clap3:

Bands don't make music like this anymore, we need rock on the charts and radio again

Olivia Rodrigo to the rescue. 

Edited by Storm653

Such a timeless and memorable tune. Perfect blend between rap and hard rock, it makes me so happy to realize this type of sound succeeded to become mainstream back in the day. :heart2:

You will always be remembered, Chester.

Oh this certified mega classic 

So very well deserved, a true timeless classic :alexz:

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

One of the greatest songs ever. :clap3:

A classic. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.