Wendy’s to test hourly menu price changes based on AI surge algorithms

Espresso

2 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Isn't surge pricing in a fast food setting though a bit redundant? With Uber and Lyft if people don't have any other way to get home from wherever they are it's frustrating but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do about it. But if a fast-food establishment choose to surge their prices surely people just... wont eat there? :skull: 

You'd think this, but companies in all sectors have been ******* over consumers for decades with price increases, new practices like this, etc and the overwhelming majority still give them their money. Why wouldn't they continue trying?

Wendy’s started the 4 for 4 trend so hopefully if this flops no one else will try it :deadbanana2:

ceos are a mess

I'm booking those nachos at midnight then

beyonce-phone.gif

lol so create more work for themselves and pay more money to lose money in the end?

lemme go to McDonald's instead

imagine the fries surging to $20-30 just because they’d obviously be in “demand” :skull:

17 hours ago, Katamari said:

Wendy’s started the 4 for 4 trend so hopefully if this flops no one else will try it :deadbanana2:

ceos are a mess

My favorite one was Burger King’s 2 Big Kings for $5 in early 2022: 

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

Looks like the backlash was loud enough. :rip: Still BS though.

too late.  I'm sure they are losing business now just because.

i cant wait for this to be adopted and it suddenly becomes a massive success and everyone follows suit.

a netflix anti-sharing tea. capitalism always wins :jonny5:

On 2/28/2024 at 4:57 PM, Asscatchem said:

i cant wait for this to be adopted and it suddenly becomes a massive success and everyone follows suit.

a netflix anti-sharing tea. capitalism always wins :jonny5:

Define “success”.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.