Wendy’s to test hourly menu price changes based on AI surge algorithms

Espresso

• ATRL Moderator

No more spicy nuggets for me then. 

• Haha 2

LMAO not surge pricing for food like Ticketmaster / Uber. I hate our useless government.

• Like 1

Mess 

** Shakira canned chicken gif ** 

Are we in the worst timeline or—

:suburban:

• Like 1

I'm so tired of these companies and their greed for higher profit margins. This is disgusting.

• Like 7

This is SO deranged

• Like 2

Not like I eat Wendy’s but wtf :biblionny: they’ll start and other companies will follow i am SICK 

On the bright side it will make people not buy fast food. Which will be good for society. 

• Like 2

im in the UK where we only have a handful of Wendy’s stores so idk how it is for yall in the USA but here… Wendy’s is surrounded by other places like McDonald’s, Nando’s, Taco Bell etc just a few doors down..

so by that logic .. if I walk into a Wendy’s and I see ‘rush hour: surge pricing 2x’ im… simply going to walk out and go to Taco Bell.. surely that’s what everyone would do ?

6 minutes ago, May said:

im in the UK where we only have a handful of Wendy’s stores so idk how it is for yall in the USA but here… Wendy’s is surrounded by other places like McDonald’s, Nando’s, Taco Bell etc just a few doors down..

so by that logic .. if I walk into a Wendy’s and I see ‘rush hour: surge pricing 2x’ im… simply going to walk out and go to Taco Bell.. surely that’s what everyone would do ?

It’s pretty much the same in the U.S.  I can’t imagine a scenario where someone would see something as 25% more expensive and not just decide to go to McDonalds, Burger King, In & Out, Culver’s, etc…. They will just end up shredding any customer loyalty. 

girl **** you 

• Like 1

This doesn't make sense and is entirely anti-consumer.  The price of goods matters during the moment of purchase, or when you're estimating how much money is needed to purchase X amount of supplies in bulk ahead of time.  This is all pre-determined and never a surprise. 

What on earth does an increase in demand for a chicken sandwhich at 12:30 PM on a Tuesday have to do with any of that?  Just raise the prices consistently if they need the money, no one wants to guess how much a nugget is going to cost on an hourly basis tf

Edited by Archetype

Does this work in reverse? Will it get cheaper or only more expensive because 

billion dollar corporations and their endless greed will be the thing that ultimately does some of them in when it's all said and done.

Girl bye **** off with that mess

Edited by dawnettakins

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard

Especially for a cheap basic product with so much competition 

I’m gonna miss the spicy nuggets and chocolate frosties… but I def wont support this with my wallet. 

12 minutes ago, Яeo. said:

Does this work in reverse? Will it get cheaper or only more expensive because 

yes, like uber dynamic pricing, up and down, sometimes even waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than normally 

Isn't surge pricing in a fast food setting though a bit redundant? With Uber and Lyft if people don't have any other way to get home from wherever they are it's frustrating but sometimes there just isn't anything you can do about it. But if a fast-food establishment choose to surge their prices surely people just... wont eat there? :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.