Sri Lanka ending ~288K Russian+~20K Ukrainian visas for overstays+apartheid backlash

Espresso

Good on Sri Lanka. Ridiculous mentality from the Russians. 

Sadly I have heard of them doing that in a lot of non European countries they fled to. I still don’t think sending them back is the answer but Russians in the diaspora fleeing war need to gather themselves with this behaviour…like come on…

No matter what, some people can't help but be disgusting.

• Like 1

It comes amid a furious social media backlash over Russian-run businesses with a “whites only” policy that strictly bars locals. These businesses include bars, restaurants, water sports and vehicle hiring services.

This is what actual "apartheid", which literally means "seperation", is. Actual racial segregation practiced in 2024. Let's see whether certain users will manage to pretend to be outraged by this.

• Thumbs Down 5

300k ??? Russian people love to be everywhere BUT russia

• Haha 1

Russians being Russians, colour me surprised :chick2:

Good on Sri Lanka!

I will never understand coming to another country and trying to create apartheid when the people there welcome you in open arms.

23 minutes ago, Dephira said:

This is what actual "apartheid", which literally means "seperation", is. Actual racial segregation practiced in 2024. Let's see whether certain users will manage to pretend to be outraged by this.

Something something "Europeans" something something "but but but Ukrainians also do the same things!!!1" :coffee2:

Edited by Rep2000

54 minutes ago, Dephira said:

This is what actual "apartheid", which literally means "seperation", is

...are you actually suggesting Israel is not an apartheid system? 

OT: European entitlement really is wild and it shows a gross negligence on the Russian dissidents' part to perpetuate racism in a country that took them in to avoid conscription. 

It's a shame that it seems to be a wide-sweeping initiative and bad apples spoil it for the bunch but hopefully those who are genuinely anti-war and live those progressive values can still find asylum in another country. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Something something "Europeans" something something "but but but Ukrainians also do the same things!!!1" :coffee2:

The irony being that what actually happened first was someone - the person you're quoting - only interested in Russians being racist not because racism is disconcerting for them but to absolve Israelis of their racism and finger-wag about what, and I quote, "ACTUAL apartheid" (??) is.:doc:

Justified, but I feel bad for anybody who wasn't contributing to the social divide. A mess.

The entitlement to go to a foreign country and ban the local people from coming to your business :rip:

Good. Ukrainians abroad are the same btw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.