Israeli film director called 'antisemitic' for pro-Palestine speech at Berlinale

Jjang

Stop using far left as a buzzword challenge. It doesn’t make ones stance any stronger. We get it that you can’t even acknowledge there’s been unwarranted deaths on both sides. You’re also the type to conveniently ignore how even those who just wanted a cease fire so even Israeli hostages could come home won’t be bombed on. But you persist on calling opponents of bombardment as hamas supporters despite those words not being uttered from our mouths. You also probably ignore that unhinged rant from Shai Golden that basically threatened all Arabs and the US. You’re not the intellectual you think you are. 

Edited by I Am Music
  • Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• Bosque

• ChapelHooker

• playwithme

6 minutes ago, playwithme said:

It's a pretty common trend among Palestine supporters to use some far-left self-hating Jews for their propaganda purposes.

Depraved Zionists once again providing the best evidence that fascism is an essential part of supporting Israel :gaycat6:

“I don’t like that you express your opposing view to mine. Self-hating Jew. Bad. Wrong.” 

• Thanks 12

5 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Depraved Zionists once again providing the best evidence that fascism is an essential part of supporting Israel :gaycat6:

“I don’t like that you express your opposing view to mine. Self-hating Jew. Bad. Wrong.” 

It’s wild considering there’s literal footage of Hasidic Jews getting beat by the IDF because they didn’t like how the government is treating Gaza so who’s really antisemitic?. I’d say it’s zionists who don’t even seem to care about their own hostages and call anyone who’s Jewish that feels there’s a better way a self hater. 

Are some of the Israeli families of the hostages who called out the IDF antisemitic?. 

• Like 7

Was the actual issues that are taking place being touched on in this thread such as real antisemitism from the IDF beating Hasidic Jews and families of the hostages too much to contend with to get an answer without saying far left? @playwithme

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, I Am Music said:

It’s wild considering there’s literal footage of Hasidic Jews getting beat by the IDF because they didn’t like how the government is treating Gaza so who’s really antisemitic?. I’d say it’s zionists who don’t even seem to care about their own hostages and call anyone who’s Jewish that feels there’s a better way a self hater. 

Are some of the Israeli families of the hostages who called out the IDF antisemitic?. 

There’s also plenty of Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordanians, Arabs and Muslims who speak out against Hamas because they see (in footage or real life) how Palestinians are beaten, murdered and martyred by their own leaders, but I never see those people held up in online discussions as a way to end the conversation. Are Palestinians who call out Hamas Islamophobic?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

There’s also plenty of Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordanians, Arabs and Muslims who speak out against Hamas because they see (in footage or real life) how Palestinians are beaten, murdered and martyred by their own leaders

please provide a source for this so I can read up on it.

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

There’s also plenty of Palestinians, Lebanese, Jordanians, Arabs and Muslims who speak out against Hamas because they see (in footage or real life) how Palestinians are beaten, murdered and martyred by their own leaders, but I never see those people held up in online discussions as a way to end the conversation. Are Palestinians who call out Hamas Islamophobic?

This is a laughable whataboustism that doesn’t answer my post at all but you knew that cause this is an intellectually dishonest reply with intent behind it. Play with someone else but not with me. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, I Am Music said:

This is a laughable whataboustism that doesn’t answer my post at all but you knew that cause this is an intellectually dishonest reply with intent behind it. Play with someone else but not with me. 

Do you know what “whataboutism” means? It’s a very common tactic for Palestine supporters to say “Here’s a Jewish person/Israeli citizen criticizing Israel, so clearly Israel is in the wrong” as a way to immediately end any discussion without engaging with any actual arguments. Yet the same “logic” is never applied when Muslims or Palestinians who criticize Hamas or the Palestinian leadership for their extreme human rights violations. This has nothing to do with “whataboutism”, it’s just a very obvious way in which people are showing blatant confirmation bias 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

6 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Do you know what “whataboutism” means? It’s a very common tactic for Palestine supporters to say “Here’s a Jewish person/Israeli citizen criticizing Israel, so clearly Israel is in the wrong” as a way to immediately end any discussion without engaging with any actual arguments. Yet the same “logic” is never applied when Muslims or Palestinians who criticize Hamas or the Palestinian leadership for their extreme human rights violations. This has nothing to do with “whataboutism”, it’s just a very obvious way in which people are showing blatant confirmation bias 

How do Palestinians criticizing Hamas leads you to believe the occupation and apartheid in the West Bank are justified? :bird: walk me through your thought process. 

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, playwithme said:

far-left self-hating Jews

Calling someone a "self hating Jew" for opposing the murder of Palestinians and the existence of the fascist state of Israel is....a choice. Oh Zionists :lmao:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

im waiting! @Dephira

• Haha 1

Zionists need to stfu and stop killing people for no reason. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dephira said:

“Here’s a Jewish person/Israeli citizen criticizing Israel, so clearly Israel is in the wrong” as a way to immediately end any discussion without engaging with any actual arguments. 

in the wrong about what? walk me through your thought process. :bird:

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Yasmine Mohammed speaks about this extensively: https://news.yahoo.com/opinion-hamas-doesn-t-speak-232133019.html

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/hamass-thirst-for-blood-will-not-stop-at-the-destruction-of-israel-b1axmuhu

“My father always hated Hamas. His biggest problem, the thing that horrified him the most, was when people equated Palestine with Hamas. Who wants the face of a terrorist organisation to be the face of their homeland? No good person.” 

Meanwhile, she says, the West has been broadly encouraging radical Islam, a subject she addressed in Unveiled. “The biggest problem is that we [in the West] have been trained to never criticise any religions or groups other than our own,” she says. “Western societies are allowed to point to the problems with feminism, liberalism or free speech. But any criticism of Islamic cultures is deemed xenophobic or racist.” This reluctance to apply to Islam the same pressures for change and improvement we apply to ourselves is a form of the inverse racism of low expectations, she says. 

To illustrate, she uses a characteristically startling example: “After the Holocaust, would you now expect Jewish people to jump into the homes of German people and start slaughtering families and kidnapping people? Of course not.” 

But, when it comes to Arabs or Muslims, Mohammed believes, a different, lower set of expectations is applied – as if barbarism is perfectly OK. 

Here is a Lebanese journalist criticizing Hezbollah, a Lebanese extrajudicial terrorist group for involving Lebanon in this war

"…The one holding the reins of the country, on all levels, is Hezbollah, which imposed and is still imposing its agenda on all Lebanese. For more than four months, this country has been in a state of ongoing war, and its top officials compete with one another in legitimizing Hezbollah's war on the border. The damage caused by the war is not confined to its consequences in the south of the country, of course. The damage transcends this area, and encompasses the entire country by undermining the security of all its regions, sects and cultural [sectors]. Most [of the Lebanese] object to the fact that their fate is in the hands of an armed organization that has not been authorized by either the law or the people to start wars in the name of Lebanon and the Lebanese.  It's enough for us that Hezbollah involved itself in the war in Syria and sank to the ears in the blood-soaked game [there]. It's enough for us that, prior to this, it was involved in [spilling] the blood of Lebanese who opposed it. The terroristic assassination of the martyred prime minister Rafiq Al-Hariri, whose anniversary we mark [today], is the best example of how Hezbollah deals wit h domestic [opponents].

Here's a Lebanese journalist calling out Hamas for their use of civilians as human shields:

Lebanese journalist calling out Hamas for using civilian infrastructure for military means and using civilians as human shields:

Hamas holds the keys to freeing the hostages and prisoners, making it an essential player in any plans and negotiations. But Israel's relationship with Hamas has changed irrevocably following the events of October 7, and there is no longer any room for understandings between the two parties. From this perspective, it can be argued that Hamas has effectively removed itself from the equation as an alternative to the Palestinian Authority due to its recent actions. It is now entirely shunned by Israel, the United States, Europe, and, to some extent, the Arab world as a participant in the political equations and resolutions.

Videos of Palestinian citizens calling out Hamas for stealing aid, hiding amongst civilians and endangering Palestinians:

https://www.memri.org/reports/growing-criticism-hamas-and-its-officials-gaza-residents-they-brought-needless-war-upon-us

These are people who actually have to live under a terrorist government murdering and martyring its own citizens (including the use of child soldiers), so it makes sense that they'd be critical of the terrorists they have to live under instead of praising them as "freedom fighters" like keyboard warriors hiding behind their Macbooks in Western democracies

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The same two members working overtime to protect the genocidal state of Israel… what’s new. :giraffe:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, playwithme said:

Imagine arguing that a Jewish state is anti-Semitic. Hamas terrorism supporters have absolutely no shame.

Imagine arguing that calling out a Jewish ethno state for blatantly committing a genocide by all definitions, means supporting Hamas and terrorism :toofunny3:

Let’s get you to bed 

• Like 3

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, Dephira said:

I've always wondered if you were a troll or not every time you're up my ass in my notifications about Taylor... but now I get it!

You're both a Swiftie AND a Zionist - two cults at once, I'm impressed! :sistrens:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The entire German political establishment, from far-right to center (since the political left actually ceased to exist 20 years ago) is laughable with their unwavering support for the facist leadership of the Israeli state.

Almost 40% of all arrested people on counts of "Anti-Semitism" in Germany since October 7th are Jewish people. People who pride themselves of their Christian faith are telling Jewish people what Anti-Semitism is, and what it isn't and that they have to worship the State of Israel, no matter what they do. No criticism is allowed, no discussion is allowed. It's extremely scary to say anything in support of the Palestinian people publically, even as a private citizen, without getting witchhunted by politicians.

The political landscape of Germany is incredibly bleak, every political party over 4% is on the bankroll of Israel, despite the vast majority of the German citizens opposing what Israel is actually doing. CDU/CSU, SPF, FDP, The Greens, The Left and the majority of the AfD all fall in line politically with their stances on Israel. (And those who don't fall in line within the AfD are just straight up Neo-Nazis that want to kill both brown people and jewish people). 

The way therapy speak has been weaponized by the Greens to justify this genocide is particularly dystopian as well, probably the most frappant case of actual gaslighting your citzizens. Every time sombody criticizes Israel, there's some neo-liberal Green girlbossing around, giving lectures about "victim blaming", as if the Palestinian people have not been one of the most victimized ethnicities since the beginning of time. 

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Dephira said:

Are we supposed to be outraged that a random journalist on a news channel considers something to be anti-Semitic? They literally received an award and their speech was spotlighted. 

Meanwhile a Hamas Leader’s speech was shown on Al Jazeera TV, where he called on people to “build on the victory of October 7”, referred to the people in Gaza as a “frontline trench for defense” and urged people to “wage Jihad with their life and money”. I didn’t see a thread made about this

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/01/14/hamas-leader-urges-muslims-worldwide-build-oct-7-victory-engage-financial-jihad/amp/

Hamas leaders are disgusting 

1 hour ago, Arthoe said:

The entire German political establishment, from far-right to center (since the political left actually ceased to exist 20 years ago) is laughable with their unwavering support for the facist leadership of the Israeli state.

Almost 40% of all arrested people on counts of "Anti-Semitism" in Germany since October 7th are Jewish people. People who pride themselves of their Christian faith are telling Jewish people what Anti-Semitism is, and what it isn't and that they have to worship the State of Israel, no matter what they do. No criticism is allowed, no discussion is allowed. It's extremely scary to say anything in support of the Palestinian people publically, even as a private citizen, without getting witchhunted by politicians.

The political landscape of Germany is incredibly bleak, every political party over 4% is on the bankroll of Israel, despite the vast majority of the German citizens opposing what Israel is actually doing. CDU/CSU, SPF, FDP, The Greens, The Left and the majority of the AfD all fall in line politically with their stances on Israel. (And those who don't fall in line within the AfD are just straight up Neo-Nazis that want to kill both brown people and jewish people). 

The way therapy speak has been weaponized by the Greens to justify this genocide is particularly dystopian as well, probably the most frappant case of actual gaslighting your citzizens. Every time sombody criticizes Israel, there's some neo-liberal Green girlbossing around, giving lectures about "victim blaming", as if the Palestinian people have not been one of the most victimized ethnicities since the beginning of time. 

The audacity of non Jewish Germans given their history to tell Jews what is and isn't antisemitic is just mind-boggling. Palestinians and pro-Palestinian Jews shoiuldn't have to suffer because the Germans feel guilty about having killed 6 million Jews. 

Edited by SignificantOther

An Israeli and a Palestinian standing together and advocating for equality for all people in the land is a beautiful, humane message. Being outraged about it is extremely weird

Edited by bestfiction
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, playwithme said:

Engaging in genocide denial is depraved. I don't even support the current Israeli government, but denying or outright downplaying what happened to the Israeli people is just vile. Absolute depravity.   

Just like you are doing right now to the Palestinian genocide? You’re not better in any way

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

How do Palestinians criticizing Hamas leads you to believe the occupation and apartheid in the West Bank are justified? :bird: walk me through your thought process. 

Hamas is an extremist terrorist organization that purposefully murders children and brainwashes them to take part in a senseless Jihad with no compunction, while the leaders are literal millionaires and billionaires enjoying lavish lifestyles in Egypt and Qatar based on humanitarian aid stolen from Western shipments. Palestinians will be 100x better off once it is dismantled, and no amount of Westerners praising the actions of Hamas on social media is going to change that.

Edited by Dephira
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

3 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I've always wondered if you were a troll or not every time you're up my ass in my notifications about Taylor... but now I get it!

You're both a Swiftie AND a Zionist - two cults at once, I'm impressed! :sistrens:

Please get your petty stan wars out of a discussion about genocide.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.