UPDATE: Wendy Lifetime Doc still coming out this wknd, Sabrina furiously appeals

Espresso

Sabrina Morrisey who is this *****? 

is she another Jamie Spears?

• Like 4

Isn't the lifetime documentary coming out in 2 days? Can they really block it by then?

• Like 1

Just now, bjorn said:

Sabrina Morrisey who is this *****? 

is she another Jamie Spears?

Remember the name.

Regardless of her having a stronger case with the medical diagnosis, I smell BS in terms of payouts.

Just because Wendy was saved from Kevin Sr. and other clingers trying to rob her blind, doesn’t mean that Wells Fargo, etc. was and is out for her best interest either.

Unfortunately the filing’s under seal.

2 minutes ago, Miley Cyrus said:

Isn't the lifetime documentary coming out in 2 days? Can they really block it by then?

It'll probably be an interlocutory application (AKA a temporary order to block its release until a permanent decision is made)

OT: It is STRANGE how a complete random gets to become Wendy's guardian. Wendy's sister is a lawyer, I am more than sure that she would be an appropriate guardian

• Like 1

The hearing takes place after the documentary’s release date and A&E aren't providing comment… I wonder if they’ll still go ahead with release 

Not surprised it’s the random conservator appointee trying to block release considering Wendy’s family members have nothing positive to say about her

This guardianship isn't sitting right with me, something shady is going on and they are definitely trying to hide something by attempting to block this documentary, they don't want a Britney situation

• Like 12

Kevin Hunter Jr.’s AMEX charges seem to have a been a big instigator in her getting a conservator but I certainly trust him more than some other members of her family talking to the press. And I don’t trust the reports that it was her decision alone to cut off contact from Kevin Hunter Jr. during his senior year in college. She still let him use her card for college payments so there’s so much that’s not adding up.

https://blavity.com/entertainment/kevin-hunter-jr-charged-wendy-williams-amex-to-pay-treatment

Now playing devils advocate, where the conservator may have the upper hand is that there’s been accusations that this documentary is going to be exploitative - what they’re probably going to argue is that the family insist that Wendy said this was OK but the conservator will argue she’s not in the right mind to make that decision in the first place.

Tbh I don’t think this documentary should be coming out now. It was clearly filmed 2 years ago when Wendy was in a terrible place and not sober. 

Any true Wendy fan knows she would NEVER film without her wig on. 

And the whole “she was an executive producer” argument is bs. She clearly did not have the mental capacity to properly consent to this. 

Exploitation at its finest :katie:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wells Fargo guardian?!!

How the hell a bank step in and do this?!!!

Lemme cancel my account with them

thats scary as **** 

18 minutes ago, Pud said:

Tbh I don’t think this documentary should be coming out now. It was clearly filmed 2 years ago when Wendy was in a terrible place and not sober. 

And the whole “she was an executive producer” argument is bs. She clearly did not have the mental capacity to properly consent to this. 

This could be somewhat exploitative but if this is a Britney situation where the documentary will really publicise what she's been going through (which I imagine might be part of the reason it exists) then any negatives might be outweighed by the benefits

• Like 2

imagine someone working for the bank controlling your life decisions... :biblio:

#FREEWENDY

• Like 1

Scary situation, how someone so powerful can go down like this? Even her family can't seem to be able to help her

There needs to be more regulations for guardianships. I don't think a bank should be anyone's guardian.

1 hour ago, Pud said:

Exactly. 

• ATRL Moderator

Wendy’s sister should be her guardian, based off of interviews with different family members I believe she would be the most trustworthy 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mordecai said:

This could be somewhat exploitative but if this is a Britney situation where the documentary will really publicise what she's been going through (which I imagine might be part of the reason it exists) then any negatives might be outweighed by the benefits

Let’s hope so… 

But it seems like all of this footage is 2022, pre-guardianship. 

Wendy’s niece said she spoke with her on the phone & that she is doing much better now. 

I’m sure the guardianship is somewhat unethical - isolating her from her family etc… But if she is now healthier and away from the people who allowed her to be filmed in this state, maybe it’s not entirely a bad thing :katie:

Sounds like she's being exploited by everyone around her. :cries:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.