Shin Megami Tensei and Persona base | P3R out now | SMTV: Vengeance June 14, 2024

Suilen

8 hours ago, CityPop said:

Yes, the rumor concept, Joker, characters, different path choices for EP, and the battle system makes P2 one of the best although many people state that the battle system is slow and antiquated. I definitely understand when it comes to anxiety with the calendar for P3-5, honestly, I am using a guide for Reload because I want to maximize everything to the fullest so a day isn't wasted. :coffee:

SMTV's story, characters and pacing were atrocious. In typical Atlus fashion, they added a waifu to a complete version so we'll see how it turns out but I wouldn't be surprised if her inclusion is unnecessary.

Thank you for clarifying regarding the remasters. These entries for P1,P2 and P4 are welcome since it never hurts to have more Persona games on modern consoles.

When it comes to the best bro character, I prefer Ryuji over Junpei and Yosuke. But we do need gay romance options for Persona games.

It's a shame to hear all that about SMTV, but I'm a sucker for those games, so it's easy for me to let some things slide as long as the gameplay is stellar. 

I mentioned Yosuke because he has this cut voiceline, and rumor has it that his homophobia and overall behavior are the result of internal homophobia, which was supposed to be explored in his romance. So maybe the remake could make it a thing.

Edited by Suilen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Lexiel

• CityPop

• bluevelvetcrowbar

Um, I can't find Persona 4 Golden for Switch anywhere, any tips where I can find it? In Physical I mean.

1 hour ago, Lexiel said:

Um, I can't find Persona 4 Golden for Switch anywhere, any tips where I can find it? In Physical I mean.

I believe the physical was released by Limited Run, which is, well, limited, and they no longer accept orders. They might put them in stock again, but I doubt it's happening anytime soon, so I'd go with the digital.

I only played Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal, both masterpieces. I want to play P3R, but I don't have the time to enjoy it properly, so I'll wait. 

By the way, anyone excited for Metaphor: ReFantazio? :duca:

9 hours ago, Axel. said:

I only played Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal, both masterpieces. I want to play P3R, but I don't have the time to enjoy it properly, so I'll wait. 

It has all the ingredients to be great and successful, I just hope that Hashino keeps his conservative nonsense to the minimum. #makeStrohlromanceable

19 hours ago, Axel. said:

To echo Suilen, as long as that director doesn't add his weirdo homophobia and misogyny into this like he did with some aspects of the Persona's he directed, then I'll check it out :bibliahh:  for me it's one thing for it to exist in the context of games set in Japan, and it's another for it to exist in a fantasy world 

i'm 30 hours into persona 3 reload, waiting for it to get good

0bRshNd.png

yes, i've heard all about it having a slow "start". but right now there's absolutely nothing for me to grab on to, so i don't feel motivated to play it. i've hardly even touched it this week. but let me try to push through before i go off on it :kitty:

11 hours ago, Maresia said:

i'm 30 hours into persona 3 reload, waiting for it to get good

0bRshNd.png

yes, i've heard all about it having a slow "start". but right now there's absolutely nothing for me to grab on to, so i don't feel motivated to play it. i've hardly even touched it this week. but let me try to push through before i go off on it :kitty:

Sounds like the game might not be for you but I get the need to get back the money's worth

0bRshNd.png

Loved P5R and SMT V (despite its flaws) :jonny5:

P4G was my first game but I never finished it. I’ll go with P3R first ig :bird:

3 hours ago, Suilen said:

Sounds like the game might not be for you but I get the need to get back the money's worth

0bRshNd.png

i'm going to smack all those elitists who were condescending to people who had only played persona 5 in the face because now that i've tried other games in the franchise it's just been disappointment after disappointment

0bRshNd.png

Call me if Atlus decides to remake (and not demake on quality) Persona 2 Duology :clack:

6 hours ago, FailSafe said:

Call me if Atlus decides to remake (and not demake on quality) Persona 2 Duology :clack:

We can only dream

:clack:

On 2/24/2024 at 5:14 AM, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

I played P3R with a guide cause I wanted to finish before FF7 Rebirth came out and I STILL ended up behind bc I didn't anticipate the first Tartarus gatekeeper to kick my ass on Merciless, so I had to take one extra day to recover and it ended up throwing me off for two Social Links :deadbanana2: thankfully the guide accounted for free days at the end, but like the calendar is always SO strict and they throw those damn exam weeks in to suck up time!

The fact that we have probs have to buy the game again  :deadbanana2: the way I bought the damn DLC for the original too :rip: I'm betting that the added character is gonna be like a Marie and she unlocks a final dungeon or whatever to give a better ending.

Hopefully they keep the Jun option as is in the P2 remaster, cause if they don't, modern Atlus homophobia confirmed for real and not just them vaguely being weird about queer characters :deadbanana2:

Yikes at the first Tartarus gatekeeper but I'm glad that there were free days so you can max out your social links! I wish all exam questions were put in one day.
Yep, Atlus is charging the same amount for SMTV Vengeance again since preorders have opened up today.
I hope they do keep the Jun romance option as well and build upon it. I haven't gotten there yet but Persona 3: Reload removed or revised a transphobic scene so hopefully, they will continue to progress when it comes to presenting the LGBT community.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:18 AM, Suilen said:

It's a shame to hear all that about SMTV, but I'm a sucker for those games, so it's easy for me to let some things slide as long as the gameplay is stellar. 

I mentioned Yosuke because he has this cut voiceline, and rumor has it that his homophobia and overall behavior are the result of internal homophobia, which was supposed to be explored in his romance. So maybe the remake could make it a thing.

I agree with you, I am not a fan of SMTV at all but the gameplay is great and at least it came out because it was a large gap between announcement and release.
I didn't know about this dialogue being cut for Yosuke. These scenes make him more likeable and complex, which is welcome. We need this in the remake or remaster!

On 2/24/2024 at 9:49 AM, Axel. said:

I am ready but I also echo the same sentiments as Suilen and bluevelvetcrowbar.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:19 AM, FailSafe said:

Ready for a good remake of Persona 2 Duology for sure. The most underrated Persona series.
In fact, let's get a Digital Devil Saga series remake as well, along with this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CityPop said:

Ready for a good remake of Persona 2 Duology for sure. The most underrated Persona series.

In fact, let's get a Digital Devil Saga series remake as well, along with this.

Watch as Atlus completely ignores Maya and we can only play Tatsuya

Atlus has definitely been shitty when it comes to playable female protagonists, expecting Persona 3: Complete Reload with FeMC in 2026

YWEb42f.gif

Started playing Strange Journey Redux during job breaks, I appreciate some additions compared to the original game and might actually finish it this time. And wow, the game is much grimmer than I remember.

Atlus keeping us fed this year

• Haha 1

Is Atlus feeding us or are we feeding Atlus considering the original game's price plus all those DLCs

DN9rtcl.gif

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 4:46 PM, FailSafe said:

Watch as Atlus completely ignores Maya and we can only play Tatsuya

That would be awful, we've got to be able to play as Maya "Let's positive thinking" Amano.

On 3/5/2024 at 11:26 AM, Suilen said:

Started playing Strange Journey Redux during job breaks, I appreciate some additions compared to the original game and might actually finish it this time. And wow, the game is much grimmer than I remember.

I need to play this game. I stopped at Asura in the original game. :gaycat6:

On 3/6/2024 at 10:42 AM, JO1s said:

Atlus keeping us fed this year

I don't know how to feel about this. I'm glad we are getting this sooner rather than later to get the full P3 experience (besides playing as FeMC) but The Answer was AWFUL.

Why do I have a feeling that those new games won't have a FeMC either

RainhaGretchen%2520%25286%2529.gif

7 hours ago, Suilen said:

Why do I have a feeling that those new games won't have a FeMC either

RainhaGretchen%2520%25286%2529.gif

this was an utterly embarrassing PR statement :rip: i'm sure developing femc's route wouldn't cost signifcantly more if she was planned from the start :snowball: poor indie studio atlus.

• Thanks 1

The expansion pass for P3: Reload is now available for preorder. It's $35.
The Atlus tax is hitting hard and we don't have the option for FeMC. :gaycat6:

Edited by CityPop

Finished P3R a couple of weeks ago.

Yukari is so annoying, leave my man GODpei alone.

0bRshNd.png

P4 remains superior.

Edited by GotMyBlueprint

16 hours ago, CityPop said:

The expansion pass for P3: Reload is now available for preorder. It's $35.
The Atlus tax is hitting hard and we don't have the option for FeMC. :gaycat6:

Yeah, this is definitely one of those times when I'll wait for the impressions, and I doubt that they can magically turn a panned part of the game into something worthy. Just checked Steam, and the reviews are already mostly negative, ha.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.