Nate Silver: Biden must reassure Americans or stand down

GraceRandolph

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How on Beyonce's Earth is Joe Biden to reassure Americans? Most see him as too unfit and unwell for a Presidency, how is that going to change in a few months? He just needs to stand down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's not too late to pick another decent candidate, there's so much at stake already

Democrats NEED to win this one

01b3844580beb15c840db5091918644aa0d068c9

• Like 3

Who cares what this man says?  :deadbanana2:People who are going to vote for Biden are going to vote for Biden and People who are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for Trump. The only thing that matters is voter turnout as well as any independents in swing states. Biden will be the nominee but all of you Biden Haters can keep dreaming for a Marianne Williamson presidency one day. :ahh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

4 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

The only thing that matters is voter turnout as well as any independents in swing states. 

raven-nervous.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Who cares what this man says?  :deadbanana2:People who are going to vote for Biden are going to vote for Biden and People who are going to vote for Trump are going to vote for Trump. The only thing that matters is voter turnout as well as any independents in swing states. Biden will be the nominee but all of you Biden Haters can keep dreaming for a Marianne Williamson presidency one day. :ahh: 

Good luck reassuring those voters 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

It's not too late to pick another decent candidate, there's so much at stake already

nah fam, it is too late. the pie's already baked, and they can't throw him under the bus and go with any other candidate without him... well... being left without a pulse somehow. And even then, they can't overlook the first black woman VP, who WILL lose in a general no ifs, ands, or buts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

nah fam, it is too late. the pie's already baked, and they can't throw him under the bus and go with any other candidate without him... well... being left without a pulse somehow. And even then, they can't overlook the first black woman VP, who WILL lose in a general no ifs, ands, or buts.

i refuse to believe this, how can they be so stvpid to think good ol' joe have a fair chance? howww?

Just now, shyboi said:

i refuse to believe this, how can they be so stvpid to think good ol' joe have a fair chance? howww?

What they thought was irrelevant. It was up to the incumbent to see he was too old and too unpopular to have the confidence of the majority of voters in his capacity to lead. He alone had the hubris and narcissism to believe that he was the only man for the moment, both for 2020 and 2024, and we will all reap the consequences of him not doing the right thing for the country and stepping aside.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shyboi said:

how would that even work?  Some primaries have already ended and Biden has the delegates. :rip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

What they thought was irrelevant. It was up to the incumbent to see he was too old and too unpopular to have the confidence of the majority of voters in his capacity to lead. He alone had the hubris and narcissism to believe that he was the only man for the moment, both for 2020 and 2024, and we will all reap the consequences of him not doing the right thing for the country and stepping aside.

but that's the problem HE CAN'T SEE that he's too old, he is SENILE, it was THEIR job for these past 4 years to season someone to replace him.

Edited by shyboi

21 minutes ago, Communion said:

raven-nervous.gif

Im sorry but does hating on Biden give you a hard on or something? Its getting weird. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 8

I think there’s a 20% chance that the plan is for Biden to drop out once he secures the nomination. That way the establishment democrats get to decide the nominee and not the people. 

1 minute ago, Danny789 said:

I think there’s a 20% chance that the plan is for Biden to drop out once he secures the nomination. That way the establishment democrats get to decide the nominee and not the people. 

That would make zero sense. Even if he dropped out of the race today Harris would be the presumptive nominee. The whole Democratic machine would rally around her. Same if it happed after the convention. That’s just how it works. 

38 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

Im sorry but does hating on Biden give you a hard on or something? Its getting weird. 

My favorite thing about the intersections of this site is that you'll have faceless users with dozens upon dozens of posts filled with incoherent ranting about how specific pop stars are evil and horrible human beings, but  these same people then get offended when you take issue with the leader of the US giving full-throat support to genocide. :redface:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

we want AGE CAPS and we want them NOW!

so tired of old-ass war-crazy neoliberals running this country 

I think that the big risk at this point is that Biden continues to be so unpalatable to young voters, independents, and more that his presence on the ticket depresses turnout and impacts other Democrats enough to give Republicans control of the Presidency, the Senate, and the House all at once. You hear so much about how scared everyone is of Project 2025, but we have a man at the top of the ticket that very well may deliver the reality of Project 2025 right to our country’s doorstep - and honestly, I don’t think he’ll even realize that it was his presence on the ticket that did it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Voting for the lesser of two evils doesn't work? Shocking... 

I’ll be voting to save democracy, not for Joe Biden. It’s that simple.

• Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

That would make zero sense. Even if he dropped out of the race today Harris would be the presumptive nominee. The whole Democratic machine would rally around her. Same if it happed after the convention. That’s just how it works. 

That’s not written anywhere, but even if that does happen it would still make more sense if they wanted Harris because she would never win a primary  

Oh, I see the empty box is cackling uncontrollably at posts that make them uncomfortable again. Kamala, is that you girl? :keir:

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Communion said:

raven-nervous.gif

Well, I wish them the best of luck if trump wins. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Even of Joe Biden steps down I have little faith that someone like Kamala Harris will win against trump. She very unpopular even among democrates. The DNC needs to have several nominees at once too see who has a higher shot. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.