Trump#25: Ban birth control, no-fault divorce, gay marriage; require faith for asylum

Vermillion

6 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Welp 🤷

And this is why the morons not voting over the Palestine issue look stupid to me. Biden is horrible, true, but Trump is literally stating he wants to be 10x worse.

i wonder if we’ll see the same people crying in horror as trump mass deports lantinos, bans Muslims, reverses gay rights, destroys the education system, provide more tax breaks to the rich, bans birth control, all while STILL supporting Israel to the same if not higher degree. 

But no they’re gonna cry “we’re not gonna be fear mongered into voting for Genocide Joe!” 

Don’t be. But bless your heart when you realize you made things worse for yourself. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GhostBox

• Vermillion

• Communion

• GraceRandolph

It's gonna be a challenge going to the voting polls this November when our two options are Joe and Trump :chick1:

• Like 1

Imagine intending to reduce access to contraceptives whilst also simultaneously banning abortion, which will disproportionately impact people from lower income backgrounds who lack the financial status to travel elsewhere to get one. Interesting how anti-abortion nutcases care next to nil for the baby once it’s born, but are so voraciously outspoken about life post-conception and pre-delivery.

Edited by KahnumDash
Typo

Christopher Rufo literally directly engaging on twitter on these topics wouldn’t matter as much to me if not for the fact that he’ll likely have a big say in the policies implemented, even from Florida where he’s supposedly still stationed at the New School.

Moving to Europe tbh

On 2/23/2024 at 3:00 AM, Gaia said:

And this is why the morons not voting over the Palestine issue look stupid to me. Biden is horrible, true, but Trump is literally stating he wants to be 10x worse.

i wonder if we’ll see the same people crying in horror as trump mass deports lantinos, bans Muslims, reverses gay rights, destroys the education system, provide more tax breaks to the rich, bans birth control, all while STILL supporting Israel to the same if not higher degree. 

But no they’re gonna cry “we’re not gonna be fear mongered into voting for Genocide Joe!” 

Don’t be. But bless your heart when you realize you made things worse for yourself. 

Exactly these people are ridiculous and lack self preservation! I bet Palestine wouldn’t vote some monster in their office in support of us!!!

Biden and Trump both support Israel so being a one issue voter on that is RIDICULOUS! 

For anyone that wants to get into the trenches for research on where the political right of the spectrum is on these issues I honestly wouldn’t even follow the pundits. Follow the activists - specifically, start with Christopher Rufo and Chaya Raichik. There’s plenty more, but they come to mind first. See above and below.

e

• Like 1

but biden

On 2/23/2024 at 6:00 AM, Gaia said:

i wonder if we’ll see the same people crying in horror as trump mass deports lantinos, bans Muslims

On 12/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, Gaia said:

The "asylum" system is abused to an extreme degree and the people who actually are genuinely seeking asylum are buried in cases of people using it as a excuse to enter the US without due means i.e. applying for a permanent visa.  Everything needs law and order.

?

It’s so weird that Dems are doing everything in their power to ensure that this is a competitive election rather than running someone who can wipe the floor against these people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, byzantium said:

It’s so weird that Dems are doing everything in their power to ensure that this is a competitive election rather than running someone who can wipe the floor against these people.

Seeing as the already anointed successor Kamala Harris will lose the Upper Midwest in the Electoral College in a landslide if Biden dies I’m kind of tired of the energy being spent on this hypothetical at this point.

If there’s any genuine effort at a contested convention in reporting before the Spring is over and that includes enough resistance to Kamala I’m all ears.

Otherwise, it’s a Biden loss because stay-homes and third parties will again likely be bigger than the margin by which he loses.

On 2/20/2024 at 6:30 PM, Bloo said:

That’s a shallow perspective. There are actual American voters that have lost loved ones in Gaza from attacks funded with our taxes because of Biden choosing to fund such attacks. Those voters have every right to not want to vote for Biden. You cannot explain away that trauma and tell them to sideload that fundamental problem with Biden. That’s a ridiculous claim. If you cannot empathize with why genocide is a sin too far gone for people to reconcile, then that’s on you. But you vote shaming them isn’t helping anyone. The focus now should be on trying to get the Democratic Party to listen to the demands of those voter blocs that can swing entire presidential elections. 

The voter bloc I just described was pivotal for Biden winning Michigan in 2020 and Biden is choosing to ignore their plights. That ultimately is on Biden and the Democrats for choosing to ignore that very legitimate problem. 

Pro-Biden people need to stop mistaking anyone highlighting that Biden has too many chinks in his armor to be a strong candidate against Trump as being “pro-Trump”.

I do agree with you to an extent. If there was any way to have anyone other than Biden OR Trump on the ballots this upcoming election, I’d be down to at least heavily consider it. The problem is that you cannot shame someone for voting for a person who never gave a view on a problem that was not there during the campaign season. We knew Trump was going to be awful. We knew that his VP had already taken a firm stance against the LGBTQ+. We didn’t know what Biden was going to do in this specific time. The time to contact the DNC and campaign to get a different candidate is long past but if the alternative is Trump?

32 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Seeing as the already anointed successor Kamala Harris will lose the Upper Midwest in the Electoral College in a landslide if Biden dies I’m kind of tired of the energy being spent on this hypothetical at this point.

If there’s any genuine effort at a contested convention in reporting before the Spring is over and that includes enough resistance to Kamala I’m all ears.

Otherwise, it’s a Biden loss because stay-homes and third parties will again likely be bigger than the margin by which he loses.

We are looking squarely at a Biden loss in November.  Devoting energy to this is the only way we can likely avoid that.  

And it’s more important than just Biden.  WI, NV, PA, and MI all have Democratic senator seats up for election.  A weak presidential candidate could see those turn republican as many did in 2016.

there is also the house where Republicans currently have a majority.  Democrats need to out perform and That will not happen if voters in general stay home due to indifference or opposition to the candidate they run. 

@byzantium Well aware of all the context you mentioned and down-ballot effects. Split tickets are becoming more prominent but it’s too much of a risk to count on that.

I admire your optimism I guess. Having worked on three campaigns and on the Hill I don’t have much left.

Are you looking at a contested convention? I’m not being insincere but just trying to follow your hypothetical.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

@byzantium Well aware of all the context you mentioned and down-ballot effects. Split tickets are becoming more prominent but it’s too much of a risk to count on that.

I admire your optimism I guess. Having worked on three campaigns and on the Hill I don’t have much left.

Are you looking at a contested convention? I’m not being insincere but just trying to follow your hypothetical.

Oh, I really hope that I was not presenting myself as someone with any hope for the future.  I’m not sure how anyone could have lived the last 10 years and still have hope.  Right now it seems pretty certain that Biden will be the candidate in 2024 and republicans will sweep the election and control all 3 branches of government.  We will get the consequences of that.  Netanyahu will likely be successful in his aim to eradicate Palestinians from Gaza, and Putin will likely be successful in taking at least the Eastern half of Ukraine.  The U.S. will continue its right wing downward spiral like many countries in the world, and we will never actually confront the climate crisis (just like we never actually confronted Covid).

What I would is for Biden and his team to see the writing on the wall. To see that his legacy will be like that of Ginsburg, and decide instead to step down.  This would send us to a contested convention.   I think this is the only way I see us being able to avoid republicans controlling the entire federal government.  

Now, I agree, it’s not going to happen.  But I don’t see anything else to do at this point.  

Edited by byzantium

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

We are looking squarely at a Biden loss in November.  Devoting energy to this is the only way we can likely avoid that.  

And it’s more important than just Biden.  WI, NV, PA, and MI all have Democratic senator seats up for election.  A weak presidential candidate could see those turn republican as many did in 2016.

there is also the house where Republicans currently have a majority.  Democrats need to out perform and That will not happen if voters in general stay home due to indifference or opposition to the candidate they run. 

One thing not mentioned enough is that Elissa Slotkin is a pro-Israel Warhawk… running for Stabenow’s open seat in the high-Arab populated state of Michigan.

Democrats think this is going to go well for them? Really??? :doc: 

12 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

One thing not mentioned enough is that Elissa Slotkin is a pro-Israel Warhawk… running for Stabenow’s open seat in the high-Arab populated state of Michigan.

Democrats think this is going to go well for them? Really??? :doc: 

Just out of curiosity, what specifically are you referring to when you say she is a Warhawk?  I’m not to familiar with her specifically, but I did a quick google and she seems to be a few degrees away from being a Warhawk.  

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Just out of curiosity, what specifically are you referring to when you say she is a Warhawk?  I’m not to familiar with her specifically, but I did a quick google and she seems to be a few degrees away from being a Warhawk.  

She’s a CIA spook like Abigail Spanberger so I don’t really trust any of their stated positions, but point taken.

Imagine condoms being illegal in America omg.. :redface:

4 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Mental illness. These people are FREAKS  :deadbanana4:

On 2/23/2024 at 6:00 AM, Gaia said:

If he loses and Trump does all this I genuinely am not going to care for people who simply didn't vote because of it and suffer. You get exactly what you deserve sadly because you made that decision. You don't respond to one bad deed with just letting it all go to hell

*Cue the cries about supporting genocide*. Again, you are getting genocide either way. We are cutting our losses where we can take them so don't bother responding if that is all you want to say. You made your choice fine. I am making mine and choosing at least not 100% vile behavior 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.