The Today Show low-key disrespecting Kelly Rowland by asking Beyonce questions

reymiu

https://www.theroot.com/was-this-interviewer-lowkey-being-disrespectful-to-kell-1851264071

The Root: Was This Interviewer Being Disrespectful to Kelly Rowland?

Written and directed by Tyler Perry and produced by and starring Rowland, the “erotic thriller” tells the story of criminal defense attorney Mea Harper (Rowland) who takes on the murder case of artist Zyair Malloy (Trevante Rhodes). While she tries to determine the innocence or guilt of her cagy-yet-seductive client, it is uncovered that everyone is guilty of something and the truth isn’t always as obvious as it seems.

Fans online were quick to call out co-host Savannah Guthrie when she tried to change the subject midway to talk about Rowland’s best friend and former Destiny’s Child member Beyoncé and her new country music

With only a simple response for both inquiries, Guthrie quickly got the message and reverted back to questions about Rowland’s new movie. But folks online weren’t so quick to move on:

“Kelly Rowland was on the Today show this morning and she was not having them wanting to ask her about Beyoncé doing country music lol. Her reaction was hilarious to me. She’s there for her movie and her stuff. She handled it w/grace when asked but I get why she’d be annoyed,” wrote on user.

“The interview was doing well until the last few minutes. Savannah, I know you are just doing what the producers tell you - but come on - this is about Kelly! So not cool to pry about Beyonce, it’s unfair to Kelly who was there to promote her upcoming film - keep it at that! Kelly looked absolutely stunning and amazing per usual,” said another in the comments on YouTube.

Added another: “Kelly is tired of people asking her about Beyoncé as she should. No body asks Kelly about Michelle or ask Beyoncé about Kelly. So stop with the silliness folks."

“Kelly is her own person, why is she still getting questions about Beyoncé,” echoed another.

Until her music charts or her projects make noise she will always be known as Beyoncés backup dancer. Move on. Happens to everyone who lives in the shadow of a bigger name. If she’s really her best friend she would be happy to hype up her bestie. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 12

i mean what else are they gonna ask her, David Guetta questions?

• Haha 5

What are they supposed to ask her in 2024 be serious 

when your bandmate smashes like Beyoncé i think you gotta come to terms that you'll always be asked questions about them unless you reach that type of notoriety  

Ask her about her iconic debut single stole 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

Ok I came in here ready to drag but the Beyonce question took up about 4 seconds of this long interview :toofunny3: It's a little annoying, but it's not that serious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tost1 said:

What's disrespectful here is her hairstyle, like what is that

**** ass bob

6 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

What are they supposed to ask her in 2024 be serious 

Her new movie on Netflix 

6 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

i mean what else are they gonna ask her, David Guetta questions?

Her new Netflix movie ?

Why haven’t her publicists learnt to put kibosh on this line of questioning by now? :toofunny3:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Junlin said:

Ask her about FIRO next time. :fan:

Does FIRO appear in Kelly's new movie that is on Netflix? If not then why 

I remember when she was there to promote allergy medicine and they'd ask her questions about lemonade and she'd be like it was greeeat now, CLARATIN..... 😒 😂

I'm a Kelly Rowland fan but if she released music she could be asked about it. It's been way too long since she last put out music.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.