ABC wants Miley for AI, but feel she is not "family friendly"

Fastlane

Miley-Cyrus-Big-70s-Style-Raquel-Welch-Grammys-Hair-020524-17f61b1860db4c689c97150a17c486ae.jpg

On February 12, 2024, Katy Perry announced she was leaving American Idol after seven seasons.

As ABC executives have begun the search for her replacement, a consultant reportedly claimed:

"They are looking at several options on how to replace Katy."

"Names like Jennifer Lopez and Shania Twain... are in the frame because they have worked on the show before and are 'safe' faces, but there is a push for Miley," the insider confessed.

"Some senior figures at ABC have concerns about the risque and open nature of Miley saying or doing something

which is not necessarily family-friendly. The production team is inclusive and LGBTQ+ friendly, but Miley is very outspoken and always herself,"

the insider gushed.

"Of course, ABC sees itself as America's family network, so they would not want to bring division to the audience".

"American Idol has not had this much coverage and chat in a long time," the insider concluded.

https://www.the-sun.com/tv/10399996/american-idol-katy-perry-replacement-miley-cyrus-casting/

Edited by Fastlane

Miley doesn't want them and couldn't care less about this show. Only artists who ended their careers and almost retired  are going there for easy money after constantly flopping 

Edited by honestopinion
  • Like 6

Shut up, Mouse. She is perfectly family friendly. Are mass layoffs family friendly?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, honestopinion said:

Miley doesn't want them and couldn't care less about this show. Only artists who ended their careers and almost retired  are going there for easy money

I can't see Miley doing a stable 9-5 nowadays, same reason why she does not want to tour currently.

Especially after reaching new career heights, why would she settle for this type of job?

before clicking i thought ABC was going to start using Artificial Intelligence (AI) actors 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

but racism and job layoffs are family friendly? 
spacer.png

Does Miley even want to do it? :thing:

I do not see her taking the position, nor do I think Jennifer Lopez will return with all of her other projects. Kelly Rowland and Shania Twain are PERFECT choices! Or a name not even mentioned!

• Like 1

Miley has just had a career resurgence literally last year that put her name alongside SZA, Taylor, Doja, Beyonce, Ariana, after years of relative B-lister status, all aforementioned women currently running mainstream pop music. Why would she settle for this.

Another pop friendly lead from Miley would most likely smash and give her career even longer life she doesn't need the A.I. crap. None of the current girls are losing their star enough to both being in a talent show. Exception would be Ariana who did it during her peak but it was most likely just for a one time bag. Only Katy from the ATRL era of popgirls rose high and fell down enough to warrant a talent show judging stint.

• Like 2

eh they need Miley more than she needs them tbh. I haven’t looked at the ratings in a while but aren’t all these shows hanging on by a thread? Linear TV in general is hanging on by a thread.

I mean a Miley themed AI would be annoying, as that one Black Mirror episode showed us 

Please no

She re-peaked last year. A great album would be her next big move

If she serves real quality in her next album she would jump to a whole other level

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PixelStick said:

But Nicki was? lol

Good point, but I think they had different producers that season.

Regardless, this format is dead and Disney should save their money on better scripts for series.

13 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Miley has just had a career resurgence literally last year that put her name alongside SZA, Taylor, Doja, Beyonce, Ariana, after years of relative B-lister status, all aforementioned women currently running mainstream pop music. Why would she settle for this.

Ariana was a voice judge right after Positions.  Sometimes it’s not about the prestige and just the check. 

And let’s be honest, none of Miley singles post Flowers really made any noise. 

She’s a try hard :rip:

12 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

well yes! 

Oop! Always been one 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

I kind of wouldn't mind if they retired American Idol for a while.

I would watch a weekly promo stage for established artists, however. Something like a modern take on Soul Train, TRL, etc. It feels like that's been missing from the culture for a long time and it's something that kpop really excels at. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, PixelStick said:

But Nicki was? lol

To be fair she was on it when it aired on FOX, which has different standards than ABC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I would watch a weekly promo stage for established artists, however. Something like a modern take on Soul Train, TRL, etc. It feels like that's been missing from the culture for a long time and it's something that kpop really excels at. 

YES I want this sooo bad. Popstars need more promo opportunities than just award shows and late night talk shows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

well yes! 

life is better when I pretend this era did not happen :deadbanana2:

Miley is too good for AI.

I think P!nk would be perfect for it.

• Thumbs Down 1

Miley can't speak a sentence without saying the word fuc like 3 times. I've always felt she was overdoing it to prove she's not that Disney channel girl anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.