Tracy Chapman - "Fast Car"

Hector

Now, Rhino Records is servicing Chapman’s song to adult alternative, adult contemporary, Americana, classic hits, classic rock, college and non-commercial formats, according to a source. The recording originally came out on Elektra but now falls under Warner Music Group’s catalog division handled by Rhino.

Rhino is also servicing the video of the pair’s Grammy performance and asking radio stations to add the clip to their socials and websites, but there are no plans to make a quality audio version of the clip available to radio.

Grammys performance:

Original:

• Like 2

The Grammys performance audio is all over my TikTok and I keep seeing people saying how they only discovered it because of Luke's version and Taylor/Lana singing along to it :rip: It feels very Calum Scott taking credit for Dancing On My Own and I hate it here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Her RUTH moment is coming :mazen:

Been ending Nicki for years

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yog said:

Her RUTH moment is coming :mazen:

She could have had it if Luke's song didn't have such a strong run already. They should definitely push it Internationally tho 

as she deserves :clap3:

I never knew about her, i always thought the fast car by Luke combs was an original song not a remake :oh:

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Danny1021 said:

I never knew about her, i always thought the fast car by Luke combs was an original song not a remake :oh:

listen to the whole album. it's a FANTASTIC album. it really is up there with the classic albums of all time.

she deserves it. also I'm very upset she gave us so little material with that amount of talent. :khalyan2:

• Thanks 4

Being serviced to radio

Rhino Records is servicing Chapman’s song to adult alternative, adult contemporary, Americana, classic hits, classic rock, college and non-commercial formats, according to a source.

The recording originally came out on Elektra but now falls under Warner Music Group’s catalog division handled by Rhino. 

Rhino is also servicing the video of the pair’s Grammy performance and asking radio stations to add the clip to their socials and websites, but there are no plans to make a quality audio version of the clip available to radio.

https://www.billboard.com/business/radio/tracy-chapman-fast-car-original-version-radio-grammys-1235608752/amp/

Running Up That Hill 2.0?

• Like 1

One of my very first faves as a child. So surreal seeing this pop off like that.

• Thanks 2

My childhood. Love this for her.

This was already a huge hit during its first run in the late 80s. Will be interesting to see how far it can get, especially with Luke’s version still everywhere.

This was such a huge hit back in the day when I was in college! :ryan3:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.