Greece legalizes same-sex marriage

Chemist

Love wins. :celestial:

Italy you are dust. There will probably be one or two more Eastern countries to legalize it before Italy. :skull:

• Like 5

Amazing news :clap3:

i’ll be there next week so maybe i’ll find myself a greek husband 

• Like 2

:clap3:

Feels like such a breath of fresh air to see this in the middle of all the horrible LGBT+ related news we've had for some time now.

• Like 13

Great news :clap3:

However it is posts like these that remind me how far behind Europe is.  Over 80% of the queer community in North and South America live in a country that has legalized same sex marriage.  Meanwhile I’m not even sure Europe is over 50%.  

• Like 6

As someone who was raised Orthodox Christian (but no longer am) I’m gobsmacked than an OC did it, but happy nonetheless :clap3:

• Like 2

FINALLY! 

I'm crying happy tears! We've waited for this moment for so long 🥲

• Like 10

They did invent being gay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:heart:

I always wanted to visit Greece and now even more so :clap3: 

They should legalize having a functioning economy next :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally :clap3:

And what do you think which muslim country will be first to legalize same-sex marriage?

Probably some balkan country like Albania or Bosnia

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

Great news :clap3:

However it is posts like these that remind me how far behind Europe is.  Over 80% of the queer community in North and South America live in a country that has legalized same sex marriage.  Meanwhile I’m not even sure Europe is over 50%.  

Please don't talk about Europe as if it's one country. There's a massive difference in attitudes between western and eastern Europe. Netherlands legalized same-sex marriage first in the world in 2001, Belgium in 2003, Spain 2005 and so on. I don't know why eastern Europe is so conservative, maybe it's the Orthodox church influence. So seeing this happen in Greece now is a powerful message to other nations under that same influence.

• Like 1

So proud of Greece! One of the best places I’ve ever been to! :heart2:

We are streaming Despoina Vandi today in celebration!

• Thanks 1

This wouldn't be happening without her.

• Thanks 3

any hairy greek men who want to marry on atrl? you can destroy me as revenge for what schäuble did to you

On 2/15/2024 at 6:01 PM, anti-***** said:

Please don't talk about Europe as if it's one country. There's a massive difference in attitudes between western and eastern Europe. Netherlands legalized same-sex marriage first in the world in 2001, Belgium in 2003, Spain 2005 and so on. I don't know why eastern Europe is so conservative, maybe it's the Orthodox church influence. So seeing this happen in Greece now is a powerful message to other nations under that same influence.

I’m confused. Do you think north and South America are single homogeneous countries? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.