Shakira - 'Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran'

Doogle

The new songs other than Cohete are great. A good mix of old and new. I wish she'd nixed most of the prior singles or at least found an arrangement that wasn't just new followed by pre-released. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeeDuval

• LatinFreak

• Giancor

• EtherealCat

The solo songs :flame:

Punteria & Cohete are great, this album is basically a greatest hits, but overall the amout of songs that I Like!!

I hope Shakira breaks some records with this album, Im ready for the Tour, Announce it, Im ready

This album is amazing, hit after hit including new and old songs.

I get the process and the intention so that's why everything had to be there.

can't wait to see her on tour!! 

• Like 2

The album is super good ! 

Love the power and the vibes she's put into it. 

Some songs sound like the old Shakira and some others are really modern but with a touch of passion. 

Among the veterans (J.lo, Justin T), she really has the best project of the year ! 

my review

https://the-melting-pop.blogspot.com/2024/03/critique-shakira-seche-ses-larmes-sur.html

• Like 1

Alright I'm mid way through my second listen... like someone else said earlier, the project definitely feels like an EP + bonus tracks from the past 2 years. The 8 new tracks are for the most part bops and enjoyable, but as a whole, I struggle to feel there's any cohesiveness here. Regardless, for me it is her best output since 2010.

Is this the album I wanted from her? Absolutely not. But I do believe it's an album she needed to make at this time. Hopefully it reignites her passion for her music and she'll be releasing a more polished follow-up sooner than later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, James_Dean said:

Alright I'm mid way through my second listen... like someone else said earlier, the project definitely feels like an EP + bonus tracks from the past 2 years. The 8 new tracks are for the most part bops and enjoyable, but as a whole, I struggle to feel there's any cohesiveness here. Regardless, for me it is her best output since 2010.

Is this the album I wanted from her? Absolutely not. But I do believe it's an album she needed to make at this time. Hopefully it reignites her passion for her music and she'll be releasing a more polished follow-up sooner than later. 

The more I listen the more I just remind myself that it was a project that was starting with one vision and because of her life occurrences resulted in something completely different and like you said its probably the album she needed to release right now as her creative juices are finally flowing again because she realized that rat was holding her back after all so the next album should be interesting to hear and see what direction she goes in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Too many emotions at this time but here is my ranking so far (new songs)

1. (Entre Paréntesis) Beautiful melody and lyrics. Great break up song to get drunk to. Will probably be the biggest in the album

2. Puntería- An ear worm for sure, the chorus will get stuck in people's head. Cardi was a good choice 

3. Ultima- Really beautiful and emotional song, hard not to get emotional while listening to it. Shakira sounds godly here

4. Como, donde y Cuando- Classic Shakira, we missed you 😢 

5. La Fuerte- Single material, Bizarrap never fails us

6. Tiempo Sin Verte- Pop Shakira 100%

7. Nassau-Great summer song, add this one to your beach playlist right now

8. Cohete- I liked it but Te Felicito is way better so another Raw collaboration was probably unnecessary 

Ok in some minutes i will listen the album and i will make my review track by track :giraffe:
 Its been years of waiting for this and i cant believe it :jonny6: :chick3: i havent listened the snippets. Everything is brand new for me.

Even if its only 8 new songs and in spanish and not english as i wanted :biblio: 

Yes. Its here.  Omg  OAMSjdS.gif

First i would like to say:

Im 31. Im from Colombia. From Bogota. Im a fan of Shakira since i was like 4-5 years old. :cm:
Some of my early memories in life are me watching the video of Estoy Aqui in the bed of my aunts. 
She was just massive in the PD descalzos era here. Monumental. 
The reason why im here with y'll is cause i learned english thanks to laundry service. Shakira basically has shaped my whole life :heart:
In the 2020 i was livin next to La Calleja. Where Shakira lived in Bogota from PD to DELL. 
Imagine how iconic is that. Livin in the neighboorhood of early shakira in Usaquen :gaycat2:

Im thankful everyday for this woman and how she has changed the musical landscape from whole planet :gaycat4:
Not coming from the typical american machine. Not another typical manufactured american popstar. She brought something unique-exotic to the whole PLANET EARTH
Coming from a remote city from the third world and not from a rich background. How impossible is that? To reach this level of worldwide stardom? 
Her career is a miracle :heart:
Some pop stans want to downplay Shakira power but we can see through their racism and xenophobia and their rich nepobaby faves :gaycat3: 
faves with everything handed in a golden plate since childhood :khalyan2:

UmiCQ4M.gif

This album is the right direction. Is the right way to finish that chapter of her life. Is honesty. No masks. Catarsis
She also was able to keep herself trendy after so many decades. Thats major too. Cause thats very hard today.
She was even able to win over newcomers. 

Hope the next album is a Bilingual one. Once she's done with this spanish music in these two years i hope she goes more experimental
Hope America brings new inspiration and influences. :gaycat2: I want the best of both worlds next.
Once Milan and Sasha are in high school hope she has more free time. 

To celebrate today im playing READY FOR THE GOOD TIMES AND QUIERO MAS

and quiero mas

OK MY REVIEW OF THE ALBUM IS COMING IN SOME MINUTES :clack: will be very short but is my first review on ATRL

This is a big EVENT, So im just doin anything i want as a shakifan. There's chaos. There's frenzy. There's circus today. Theres messyness
we are celebrating we are vibin.  We are not sleepin. Hoy el lobo en mi sale para escuchar el nuevo album de Shaki.

mQoXq8p.gif GcwGC0r.gif

Me and my sisters las cabritas. What a beautiful community
tFiZrj3.gif

yJNica7.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 3

Imma need a second listen.

OMG La Fuerte WHAT A BANGER 

The Simpsons Dancing GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wasn't really excited about this (too many pre-album singles and collabs)

but the new tracks are great! I LOVE La Fuerte. I like that she put all the singles on the second half of the album so you can enjoy the new songs first.

Overall I love it :heart:

Edited by BunnyIsARider

What a hodgepodge album. I used to stan her so hard, but she lost her spark like 10 years ago

• Like 1

The album is fantastic 

I would have released Punteria a month ago and push also La Fuerte with the album release 

The only negative criticism i can find is that it doesn't feel like a proper body work . It feels like 16 droplets put on an album in a random way . But im fine with it 

Cómo Dónde y Cuando :loud::loud::loud:

• Like 3

I hope she continues to do more electropop bops since they really suit her :smitten:  

Plus, I need Latin pop in general to start moving away from the redundant reggaeton sound :sorry:

• Like 3

Listening right now… so far very easy to digest pop, catchy. She's still a great lyricist, especially in Spanish and the melodies are good. 

Entre Paréntesis is a good twist.

Como Done y Cuando back to form, her perfect quirkiness. 

• Like 1

CDYC is her best song since Devocion  :WAP:

La Fuerte is low key worst on the album tho….

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Punteria : KKM meets SheWolf . Probably the safest choice for a lead . Not the best on the album but i could see it become a moderate hit 

La Fuerte : An absolute Banger . It should be a single . I can't wait to go crazy on the tour 

TSV : Classic Shakira song , i LOVE it 

Cohete : As a droplet it wouldn't create a lot of buzz but as an album track its very nice 

(EP) : ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT . These classics give me life 

CDyD : Rock Shakira in its finest . Another song i cant wait to hear on the tour 

Nassau : what a summer banger 

Ultima : a beautiful ballad 

I hope La Fuerte and Parenthesis get to shine 

• Like 1

The 8 new tracks are surprisingly great. Liked all of them. 

The problem is that this feels more like a playlist  than a complete body of work. Anyway, it's her best effort since who knows when.

Ahh! Ultima! There's that ballad I wanted! She delivered! 

11 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

The 8 new tracks are surprisingly great. Liked all of them. 

The problem is that this feels more like a playlist  than a complete body of work. Anyway, it's her best effort since who knows when.

Yeah i said the same thing 

But i think Shakira doesn't care in general creating a body of work . She goes on studio and makes music , whatever that is 

CDyC ist a smash in my house, as expected. Tiempo sin verte is a 10/10 too. It flows very well, just would rearrange the order of the songs. There's no need to tack the singles on at the end. Don't get the Cohete hate, I like it. 

Edited by Red Hot Moon
  • Like 1

this b**** made me cry, I used to stan her so hard and now I remember why.

This easily her best body of work since She Wolf. :heart2:

• Like 2

Puntería must be the song of the summer.

• Like 1

putting the singles at the end is smart since gp probably dont care to listen to the old singles again, i also like that it feels like an ep and i can just ignore them while i enjoy the new ones

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.